Did I hear correctly? 64GB?

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
No sprint is not slow number one i het about 2 mb down on 3g and the ceo already said sprint will stay unlimited

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad you're speeds are remarkable, mine are not. If it weren't for WiFi I wouldn't be able to use my phone.

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Having a 64gb memory card, or a 64gb model of the phone, if I heard right, will be fantastic. On my 32gb iPod touch, I have it crammed with videos, games, apps and music. I have more that I would want on it, but no room. The 64gb sd card option will be a greaaaat addition for me. :-$

I'm sure that, if the GSIII comes in 16, 32 and 64 GB variations, pricing will be an important factor. But a 16 or 32, with provision for a 64 micro SD.... Now you're talking!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by Tkbredx
Google Drive + Google Music + Drop Box = 16 Gigs is more than enough for me lol

This is my point. What does someone fill that kind of space with these days? I use about 4 right now and 3 of it is CWM.

Cloud Storage. No signal = no access to your data. That is my point, give me 128gb of physical storage any day.

Reactions: Pieface

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Cloud Storage. No signal = no access to your data. That is my point, give me 128gb of physical storage any day.

Good point but how often does one lose signal? The last time that happened to me was when I went camping so it didnt even matter. Plus anything I really need will probably be on my iPad (I shouldve gotten the Acer Transformer Prime TFTyadayadayada... terrible name by the way). But yeah anything I need will probably be on my iPad and it will definitely be on my computer. Im fine with the cloud storage, no extra costs plus its pretty reliable in my opinion.

Cloud Storage + Flashdrive + iPod + iPad + Laptop + iMac = No need for extra room on my phone. Give me the cheapest GS3 in stock! lol

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Spotify Premium lets me gain access to a huge amount of music that would otherwise highly impact my SD card capacity. But I still need some MP3s on-board when I don't feel like streaming or when I'm at a coffee shop and their WiFi proves unreliable.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
That's a ridiculous amount of memory. Who needs a possible 128gb of storage on a phone?

In 1989 a friend was ordering a new desktop computer with a 10 MB (yes a "M" not a "G") hard drive. The vendor was out of the 10 MB drives and offered to upgrade him to the 20 MB at no additional charge. He said "sure but what am I going to ever do with 20 MB of storage!"

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I like to take my entire music library around with me on my phone, and now with 128gb i can take a lot of video as well. Happy days

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I rather have the physical storage. Cloud storage is good and all but I dont want to rely on a strong Internet connection all the time to have access to my stuff. At my job and in the gym I get decent data signals but I wouldnt be able to stream much. So if I'm at the gym I need my entire music library. I need all my stuff with me. I only use cloud for data backup like contacts and important information. But my media stays in my pocket and I want to be able to access it quickly all the time without killing my battery. Having said that, I don't need 128gb. 32gb is good for me. I rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Buy whichever fits your needs. It's good they are making flexible enough for those who need the physical storage and those who don't.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
yes i know, but i dont know which apps are "big enough" to fill 32gb, and i have external memory to put my songs, movies, etc..

is there a list of "top 10" biggest apps (in size)?

Not sure here. But you could always, DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS!

3578-all-the-things.jpg

Reactions: Pieface

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just hope it isn't $100 per storage allotment. It doesn't cost nearly $100 to add 16GB to get to 32GB, nor even to add another 32GB for 64GB.

Obviously you don't follow the world of Apple (or even some Android tablets - how can even the budget tablets only ship with 8 GB). Also, why is the One X only shipping with 16 GB (which means only 10 GB available for media/data).

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I always forget about cloud storage for the most part. I had only thought of Google Music (love). Don't forget the (I think) unlimited pictures you can store on Google+

If the cost of the 64gb model is not drastically higher than the 32gb, I will get that one regardless. I never thought I would fill my 32gb iPod Touch, but I did. Oh well. To each their own.

Google Drive + Google Music + Drop Box = 16 Gigs is more than enough for me :) lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463