Is anyone else disappointed with the design?

CrackBerry1526

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The design IMO looks a bit... peculiar/weird, I don't really know how to explain it, but it definitely has a design different from the S2. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the design is bad.

What are your thoughts?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'm sick of all the black slabs. I really like it...I dig the curves and the color offerings. I'm looking at getting either the Galaxy Note or the GSIII, if they end up on Verizon, and I like the look and feel of both.

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of the design and its not for me, some will overlook it because they may need more storage and a removable battery.

For me, the One X is the better phone. It combines design and software.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Im not a huge fan of the physical button, especially in this age. But over all I like the design. AT&T is..., (I know too much and am not compelled to speak about it on a public forum). So the ONE X is not an option for me. Considered going to the Rezound this month since my contract is up. After seeing this phone I really want it. I always enjoyed the presentation of the Galaxy S line. The Camera on my fascinate was flippin amazing, sad the rest of that phone sucked.

Design is a plus to me. No complaints here. I like the design of HTC phones. Moto design is horrible.

Reactions: Pieface

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Im not a huge fan of the physical button, especially in this age. But over all I like the design. AT&T is..., (I know too much and am not compelled to speak about it on a public forum). So the ONE X is not an option for me. Considered going to the Rezound this month since my contract is up. After seeing this phone I really want it. I always enjoyed the presentation of the Galaxy S line. The Camera on my fascinate was flippin amazing, sad the rest of that phone sucked.

Design is a plus to me. No complaints here. I like the design of HTC phones. Moto design is horrible.

I am guessing the US versions will not have the physical button, much like previous versions of US Galaxy S phones.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of the design and its not for me, some will overlook it because they may need more storage and a removable battery.

For me, the One X is the better phone. It combines design and software.

Just asking, what does Sense offer that TW and specifically SGSIII does not? Sounds like SGSIII has multiple elements exclusive to SGSIII including an apparent SIRI alternative.
More storage
Removable battery.
Wireless charging
Exclusive functions and software.

Go ahead with the One X if you want, but I'll wait

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh my God, I hope so.

I'm most likely in the minority here, but I hope the US keeps the physical button. My phone doubles as toddler entertainment on car rides and while I like the capacitive buttons on my DINC2, my toddler finds a way to hit the home button every 30 seconds and I get a "Daddy, it turned off by itself.. HELP!". So, typically, we have to use the wife's iphone for that as she knows not to press the button.

Would be win-win for me, except I have unlimited data, she doesn't. Pretty dumb reason to be excited over a button.... But, at least for me, is a damn good feature

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm most likely in the minority here, but I hope the US keeps the physical button. My phone doubles as toddler entertainment on car rides and while I like the capacitive buttons on my DINC2, my toddler finds a way to hit the home button every 30 seconds and I get a "Daddy, it turned off by itself.. HELP!". So, typically, we have to use the wife's iphone for that as she knows not to press the button.

Would be win-win for me, except I have unlimited data, she doesn't. Pretty dumb reason to be excited over a button.... But, at least for me, is a damn good feature

I hear ya! I have a 3 year old with the same habit...imagine that! I would be fine with the physical button too, it is not a big deal to me as far as design goes.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

You have a VERY valid point here. I have two kids, one three and the other three months. So you might have just caused me to completely rethink my position on the physical button....thanks a lot.....:mad:

Reactions: Pieface

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The lack of a side hardware camera shutter button in this design is what will probably stop me from getting this one. I had my fingers crossed:(

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an Epic Touch, which I love, and this new phone doesn't seem like all that big of an upgrade at all. Factor in that we probably won't be getting that beast quad-core Sammy processor and I'm left a little underwhelmed about the whole thing. HTC One X (EVO) is looking like a better choice IMO and that sucks because I had high hopes for this. Amoled HD display is pretty meh compared to the SLCD2 HD on the One X. I may also consider an iPhone for the first time ever, if the new one has a bigger screen.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Hahaha! I can so relate to this. Sometimes I try to have Sprint TV baby sit my 2 year old when we're out and about, and since she INSISTS on holding the phone herself, it's inevitable that her thumb hits the Home or Back buttons. Which results in the phone being pushed in my face followed by the words "fix daddy!"

I actually would really love to see a quick and easy way to disable the buttons for those situations. My ancient dishwasher has a button lock ... why doesn't my "smart"phone?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually would really love to see a quick and easy way to disable the buttons for those situations. My ancient dishwasher has a button lock ... why doesn't my "smart"phone?

I've wanted this feature on my phones since my old iPod! I can lock the controls on my iPod and my son can't mess anything up...until he finally figured out how to slide the lock button. But then I just told him not to do that, and he, well...doesn't listen and does it anyway. :p

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You have a VERY valid point here. I have two kids, one three and the other three months. So you might have just caused me to completely rethink my position on the physical button....thanks a lot.....:mad:

Sadly, every purchase decision I make has to answer this question: how will my 3 year old use this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan