05-11-2012 09:39 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    Imagine this:
    You have the S3, One X, iPhone 4S and Lumia 900, all in colors of your choice with/without covers.
    Every morning when you have to pick up a phone to goto work/school/college which one would you choose?

I can see myself picking up the One X(white) and the Lumia(blue). The iPhone's just too small. The S3 is a good phone internally and all but it won't grab eyeballs. That is one of the things I want in my phone. If I spend a lot, I wanna show off a lot!
    And plus except the battery,I really don't see why I would change my One X(international) to the S3.
    Whadaya think?
    Using your choices: S3, One X, Lumia, and then the iPhone.
    05-06-2012 03:53 PM
    BTW... why is HTC's shell called polycarbonate and everyone and their mother wants to say the S3 is plastic? The S3 is a polycarbonate shell as well. People get so caught up in wanting to call it "plastic" due to the glaze on the shell. Get a grip people.
    The One X is a high quality polycarbonate unibody. The SGS3 is an unknown quality shell.
    05-06-2012 03:56 PM
    Truthfully, I rather like the design of the phone. The only reason I'm torn between the GSIII and the EVO 4G LTE is because I hate TouchWiz. Otherwise I think the design is fine (though I still don't know for sure what I think of the screen as compares to the EVO).
    05-06-2012 04:02 PM
    The One X is a high quality polycarbonate unibody. The SGS3 is an unknown quality shell.
    Right... "high quality." I'm not taking anything away from the One X. I think they both look great. I just think we're overly critical of Samsung's materials. It is stated theirs is polycarbonate as well. How do you know it is of higher quality? It is all subjective. I've held the One X in hand and it is just as slippery with its "high quality" polycarbonate.
    05-06-2012 04:03 PM
    It's funny when people compare the "plastic" SIII to the "polycarbonate" One X...

Polycarbonate = plastic.
    Tkbredx likes this.
    05-06-2012 08:51 PM
    I just hope the "polycarbonate" shell with its curvy-ness is nothing like the cheap build of my Palm Pre.
    05-06-2012 11:15 PM
    I just hope the "polycarbonate" shell with its curvy-ness is nothing like the cheap build of my Palm Pre.
    I know where you're coming from....I was a Palm Pre owner before.... OREO!! That thing was just terrible, but I think most of the cheapness came from that crappy slider mechanism and the way how the "mirror" in the back of the phone when opened scratched so easily.
    05-07-2012 10:44 AM
    I suppose you had both in your CSI lab to compare the quality of polycarbonate material? Only difference is the REMOVABLE back cover on the Sammy. I think that makes it a benefit, rather than a negative.
    Removable back cover=
    Removable battery
    MicroSD storage
    05-07-2012 10:57 AM
    People complain about the camera on the GS3 without even knowing it or having tried it. I read an article where a guy that was at the even sent a picture to himself from the phone and analyzed it there. I think it was a F2.6 lens and the cmos was so new, it wasn't listed anywhere. So, it's not the same camera as in the GS2.
    05-07-2012 11:08 AM
    The only design flaw I see with the GS3 is TouchWiz. I hate TW with a burning passion. I didn't realistically expect Samsung to altogether ditch it, but I was hoping for something a little sexier. Then again, I'm partial to Sense, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't call this a flaw, but I'm disappointed that Samsung opted for a PenTile screen. Maybe they're saving the good stuff for the next Nexus. I don't know.
    05-10-2012 05:47 PM
    I know where you're coming from....I was a Palm Pre owner before.... OREO!! That thing was just terrible, but I think most of the cheapness came from that crappy slider mechanism and the way how the "mirror" in the back of the phone when opened scratched so easily.
    Lol, it was. I kind of liked the mirror though. Nice touch if it didnt scratch up and get dirty so easily.
    05-10-2012 06:05 PM
    Can't understand why some people have difficulty accepting that Samsung phones are usually made of cheap plastic. Maybe its called blind love. Ignoring the flaws for the love of a brand is not going to make everyone running for it. Samsung, with a hefty price tag, could easily used materials as in og wave or wave 3. They just want to make more profit by using cheap construction materials in a high end device as they know a lot of people will still run for their phones.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2012 04:34 AM
    Looks awesome to me. I'm eager to get one.
    05-11-2012 09:39 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD