Okay, we've seen the Next Galaxy, as we did last year and know for a fact it won't look the same once it gets to the US.

What's been on my mind after the flood of news today is the fact that the US carriers never use the button scheme that Samsung uses for the international version. They don't even use the same hardware. Which makes me think that the US version may just have on screen keys, because I highly doubt we'll see another design ever with 4 capacitive buttons.

Which makes me think about one of the leaks, both pictures and video that showed a (purported) GS3 with software buttons. I'm already pretty excited at the thought because I'm not really sure what Sammy was thinking with those hardware buttons especially when they pulled off software buttons so well with the Galaxy Nexus.

This is the only time I'm actually looking forward to the redesigns of the US versions. Especially Verizon personally.

What are your thoughts?
    Pengwn likes this.
    05-03-2012 04:13 PM
    I agree. I just hope they remove that aweful physical button and DO NOT change the internals except for the radio.
    Pieface likes this.
    05-03-2012 04:15 PM
    I agree. I just hope they remove that aweful physical button and DO NOT change the internals except for the radio.
    Posted by me in another thread, but still on topic

I'm most likely in the minority here, but I hope the US keeps the physical button. My phone doubles as toddler entertainment on car rides and while I like the capacitive buttons on my DINC2, my toddler finds a way to hit the home button every 30 seconds and I get a "Daddy, it turned off by itself.. HELP!". So, typically, we have to use the wife's iphone for that as she knows not to press the button.

Would be win-win for me, except I have unlimited data, she doesn't. Pretty dumb reason to be excited over a button.... But, at least for me, is a damn good feature
    05-03-2012 04:17 PM
    I honestly think that the fact that they didn't even really talk about the internals much is a sign that it won't be gloabal internals. Also the rumors of the s4 are pretty strong. I think if this version of Sammy's chip did integrated LTE they would have been bragging from the rooftops.
    05-03-2012 04:18 PM
    I actually find the design a bit boring, there have been some speculations about no bezel on the sides but the bezel is still here. I like more the Galaxy Nexus design than this one although it looks somewhat similar. Also I don't really like the battery cover and the design of the camera... The specs... well the specs are about the same aside of the quad core exynos. I was expecting 2GB Ram.. though.. i do like the HD screen and 2100 mAh battery. Honestly I'd pick this phone up though if i were to upgrade my line, but I'd prefer it to look more like GS II Skyrocket which I have right now... But in any case, once I'll be ready for my upgrade and if AT&T will have this phone I will most likely buy it. just my 5 cents...
    05-03-2012 04:33 PM
    I hope Sprint keeps the blue
    05-03-2012 08:09 PM
    I just want white!!!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-2012 08:10 PM
    I don't want software keys. I like my screen space. Don't even start with software buttons allow screens to be bigger. I don't buy that. I would like to see the 3 ICS buttons like HTC, and a very discrete menu button that is only lit when needed. That would be awesome. Also, I like the physical button, but I'm not attached to it.

Mainly however, if a US carrier wanted to get rid of that nasty gloss, I might not buy imported unlocked (If I do go with the SGS3).
    05-03-2012 08:46 PM
    I would pay more for the exynos.
    Willing to wait for the 5250 if they can add LTE.
    Button layout not important to me.
    05-05-2012 01:19 AM
    I hope Sprint does as good a job with the GS3 as they did with the GS2. They went for the bigger screen and it is the only version to have a notification light. Maybe they will surprise us and request an even bigger screen with software buttons? That would be a pretty hefty redesign though.

My guess is that they won't change all that much from the international version, maybe nothing at all besides the US friendly S4. After all, the long delays in the American release of the GS2 and GS were due to each carrier asking for a slightly different version of the phone with Sprint going nuts with the original Epic 4G and it's slide out keyboard. Unless they have a big headstart this time around when it comes to each carriers version, I doubt that they will differ very much from each other. I am fine with the design the way it is, physical home button or not, I really don't care.
    05-05-2012 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD