It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It could be a Note 2. However, you should note that Samsung has specifically said the Exynos 5 is for tablets, and this device just so happens to have the exact same screen resolution and type as the Galaxy Tab 7.7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Think they didn't say the 5 was exclusive, just showing up first in tablets. Still, I would expect this specific one to reference a tablet.

Just asking, this changelog is in reference to only one device?

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
But we already know that the Exynos 5 exists....

This is more proof that devices are testing with it (probably). Also a reference to a 1280x800 SAMOLED+ panel. Maybe some new hardware going through some testing? Just like Samsung to release the SGSIII and already have the next great hardware this far along in testing.

Has the same resolution as a galaxy note, and Samsung considers the note to be a hybrid or whatever. So this could be the galaxy note 2. Personally I'd like to see an android tablet with a higher resolution a la iPad. I hope they make the galaxy note 10.1 with a 1080p display and exynos 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Has the same resolution as a galaxy note, and Samsung considers the note to be a hybrid or whatever. So this could be the galaxy note 2. Personally I'd like to see an android tablet with a higher resolution a la iPad. I hope they make the galaxy note 10.1 with a 1080p display and exynos 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Only thing is the 5 mp camera. More like tablet specs.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

The Samsung GS3 is far and away the better device. The hardware is obviously a no brainer, it has it all, it is twice the phone the One X will ever be. I have always been a HTC fan but lately Samsung has turned up the heat and makes one bad ass device. From top to bottom going over every aspect of the phone the Samsung is a far superior product. The hardware is always my first pick, you can always flash new software of your choice. Anyone who might think different is probably because you have allready purchased your One X and is just pissed off. I will be picking up my European power house with all the bells and whistles, I will be a very excited camper. Samsung is a hackers heaven. HTC has too many damn obstacles, the Samsung GS3 will have huge Dev support and sky is the limit.

Dre007

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Lol wtf? ^^I want what he's smoking. Must be some 'far and away' superior ish

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

The Samsung GS3 is far and away the better device. The hardware is obviously a no brainer, it has it all, it is twice the phone the One X will ever be. I have always been a HTC fan but lately Samsung has turned up the heat and makes one bad ass device. From top to bottom going over every aspect of the phone the Samsung is a far superior product. The hardware is always my first pick, you can always flash new software of your choice. Anyone who might think different is probably because you have allready purchased your One X and is just pissed off. I will be picking up my European power house with all the bells and whistles, I will be a very excited camper. Samsung is a hackers heaven. HTC has too many damn obstacles, the Samsung GS3 will have huge Dev support and sky is the limit.

People will deny but I will agree with everything you just said. Just look at the HOX forum and see all the problems they're having.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
People will deny but I will agree with everything you just said. Just look at the HOX forum and see all the problems they're having.

I guarantee you when the sgs3 comes out there will be a list of problems just as long

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I guarantee you when the sgs3 comes out there will be a list of problems just as long

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Yeah but the ceiling is so much higher on the GS3. Listen, almost any phone is more than we really need. We all love these high end phones because of the "gadget factor". GS3 just has wayyyyyyyyy more to offer than the HTC. Also, HTC's so called "flagship" phones die so quickly. Here's a few examples. Evo 4g3d, Thunderbolt, Sensation, Senation XL, Vivid. Do I need to throw a few more out there?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Please share whatever you've been drinking with the rest of us.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It's a Samsung. Of course it will have a lot of problems. (not saying HTC doesn't have their fair share, but Samsung also has a reputation for problematic device launches)

I've had a Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Skyrocket. The only one I would say gave me major issues was the first Galaxy. That was garbage. Lol

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Didn't the sgsii on att have a pretty big security bug? And it still has issues playing quite a few games.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

In your dreams. In America they run the same CPU. Removable sd and an extra 300 mah is not half a device. Enjoy your terrible pen tile display. And no, it's more than personal preference. And yes it is quite easy to tell. Put 2 devices side by side. Even people with 0 phone knowledge pick the LCD 2. Not only do they look better, they are more reliable and that's a fact. If you prefer Samoled you are nuts or a liar. You'd think people would care more about their displays, seeing as they use it every single moment they use their phones.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you actually seen the new display on the sGSIII?
Don't tell me you know a guy who has and
don't tell me it is the same display as the Nexus, it is not.

Not saying it is better, have not seen it myself. One X Screen looked nice, but didn't get to see any videos or web browsing.

Almost every review I have seen has given a SLIGHT edge to the One X, but a couple have preferred the SGS3 screen. Do not understand how anyone can say one is better than the other by a wide margin.
Especially without seeing firsthand.

I will probably buy the SGS3 and somehow learn to live with the depression that comes from having an inferior device....smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you actually seen the new display on the sGSIII?
Don't tell me you know a guy who has and
don't tell me it is the same display as the Nexus, it is not.

Not saying it is better, have not seen it myself. One X Screen looked nice, but didn't get to see any videos or web browsing.

Almost every review I have seen has given a SLIGHT edge to the One X, but a couple have preferred the SGS3 screen. Do not understand how anyone can say one is better than the other by a wide margin.
Especially without seeing firsthand.

I will probably buy the SGS3 and somehow learn to live with the depression that comes from having an inferior device....smh

The fact that it is pentile alone makes it inferior to the one x screen.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it is pentile alone makes it inferior to the one x screen.

Not really. Two entirely different screen technologies. If the One X was Amoled, same resolution, and NOT pentile, THEN you could say it is a factually superior screen.

Again, I will have to judge for myself. Again, I realize many may prefer the One X. Yippie for them.
Sure they will be happy with their phones. Hope they are.
Maybe you can hit me up in a couple months and try to convince me I shouldn't like my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae