11-26-2012 06:55 PM
425 ... 1314151617
tools
    It's all personal preference. That said, the energy efficiency of the One XL on AT&T is a particularly appealing aspect of that device. The S4 is really well thought out from an architectural perspective in my humble opinion.
    Wow, someone saying nice things about both phones?

Yes, I would expect most will be happy with either of these 2.
    I plan on the GS3 myself.
    When ATT gets around to it!

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    05-26-2012 11:09 PM
    Garsh! Im not surprised the one x was not all it was hyped up to be by mostly htc fanboys and bias comments. Now the truth is coming out, the phone is horrid! One x reminds me of n1 and that thing was ugly. Sg3 looks more polished, sleek and smooth, with a nice finiah. while the one has that old nexus1 shape and two tone which is ugly. and the negative feedback is coming from one x owners themselves talking how one x sucks. I know sg3 will probably have a few issues, but not like what you hear of the infamous, notoriously buggy one x bwaha! I told you they would ditch one x and go sg3. and if there on sprint, they can go evo lte or sg3. sorry one x owners, better take that paper weight bck and get a real, reliable phone js. im waiting to see what drops in 4qtr yezzir.
    05-26-2012 11:38 PM
    Garsh! Im not surprised the one x was not all it was hyped up to be by mostly htc fanboys and bias comments. Now the truth is coming out, the phone is horrid! One x reminds me of n1 and that thing was ugly. Sg3 looks more polished, sleek and smooth, with a nice finiah. while the one has that old nexus1 shape and two tone which is ugly. and the negative feedback is coming from one x owners themselves talking how one x sucks. I know sg3 will probably have a few issues, but not like what you hear of the infamous, notoriously buggy one x bwaha! I told you they would ditch one x and go sg3. and if there on sprint, they can go evo lte or sg3. sorry one x owners, better take that paper weight bck and get a real, reliable phone js. im waiting to see what drops in 4qtr yezzir.
    You are aware the EVO is almost the same phone as the AT&T One X, right? Only differences are construction, the CDMA modems in the S4 are turned on as opposed to the GSM ones, and the EVO has a slightly bigger battery...right?

I have nothing against the GS3 mind you, but some of the rumored US variants are Snapdragon S4 as well. We don't know how the Exynyos plays with LTE modems yet. It could still be a problem. We'll see when final release specs come out on the US versions.
    05-26-2012 11:58 PM
    I guess evening boils down to personal preference about the varied features in the devices...

I'm happy with the One X, and I don't see any reason to change to the S3. I'm gonna trust the OTA updates that'll come out in the future to end any bugs or other things. (Personally, I don't like the way my phone compresses the camera pics, there should be an option to have uncompressed pictures too)

And I read this : http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/25/s...urce=pulsenews
    It's not the definitive review, but a step in that direction.
    =)

Sent from my International HTC One X.
    05-27-2012 12:53 AM
    After having used it I have to say the One X looks even better than it does in pictures. It's an incredibly sleek and well designed phone with a screen to match. But I was not so impressed with its software.
    05-27-2012 03:49 AM
    After seeing both of these phones ,I chose the Google GN, that will hold me till the next Nexus. Good luck ever seeing Jelly Bean on either the OneX or the S3. The money played an important part as well. The HTC was $150 to $200 more.

I would like to see both of these phones without the skins.If at some point the price reaches $500 or so for either of these phones then I would take a hard look again.
    05-27-2012 06:14 AM
    I think engadget had unrealistic expectations for the s3, and from day one at the sammy event when those expectations were not meet it left a bad taste in their mouths. I think it kind of clouded their judgement of the s3. I have read at least 5 reviews on the device including Gsmarena and Phonearena who both concluded that the s3 is slightly better. Why i’m inclined to trust them more is that they in no way diminish the onex but gave the s3 the edge. Not so engadget. They give the OneX the nod but unjustly bash some of the s3 features. And really who died and made them the definitive review site on the web.
    05-27-2012 06:24 AM
    I'm not not impressed with the EVO LTE. I currently own one after using it I'm switching back to SGS24GT
    05-27-2012 08:46 AM
    I think engadget had unrealistic expectations for the s3, and from day one at the sammy event when those expectations were not meet it left a bad taste in their mouths. I think it kind of clouded their judgement of the s3. I have read at least 5 reviews on the device including Gsmarena and Phonearena who both concluded that the s3 is slightly better. Why i’m inclined to trust them more is that they in no way diminish the onex but gave the s3 the edge. Not so engadget. They give the OneX the nod but unjustly bash some of the s3 features. And really who died and made them the definitive review site on the web.
    To answer that last sentence...ppl that frequent their site.....lol. One site I use faithfully is Anandtech. Not really too much bias, and they get really in depth with reviews.

Phone arena is another I use more than others.

I rarely go to Engadget now. Don't really go to that spin off site by former Engadget employees either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Johnly likes this.
    05-27-2012 09:01 AM
    After seeing both of these phones ,I chose the Google GN, that will hold me till the next Nexus. Good luck ever seeing Jelly Bean on either the OneX or the S3. The money played an important part as well. The HTC was $150 to $200 more.

I would like to see both of these phones without the skins.If at some point the price reaches $500 or so for either of these phones then I would take a hard look again.
    Both phones without the skins would be two boring phones. This is why android is so great because it gives us choices. You like vanilla android, and you made the right choice by getting the Galaxy Nexus. I want my phone to be packed with features, so I will getting the SG3, and I want a phone with a menu button.

Samsung would not have 9M preorders if they released the S3 as vanilla android phone with no features,
    neiljay6 and ScandaLeX like this.
    05-27-2012 11:06 AM
    Both phones without the skins would be two boring phones. This is why android is so great because it gives us choices. You like vanilla android, and you made the right choice by getting the Galaxy Nexus. I want my phone to be packed with features, so I will getting the SG3, and I want a phone with a menu button.

Samsung would not have 9M preorders if they released the S3 as vanilla android phone with no features,
    Totally agree!! +1
    05-27-2012 12:09 PM
    Totally agree!! +1
    X3

05-27-2012 12:18 PM
    I am returning my LTEvo as well. I thought I would have something more than my experience with the OG Evo. I was super hyped about this phone, but now going to exercise my 14 day return and get the s3.
    v1rtu4l likes this.
    05-27-2012 02:30 PM
    Just looked at the One X, Galaxy Nexus, and Samsung S2 today. The display on the One X is very nice, but only slightly better than the Gnex and S2. The sharpness of text was almost identical, even with max zoom. For me, the biggest difference between the 3 was that the One X was brighter and more pure white. The Gnex and S2 had the typical amoled blueish tint. I liked that about the One X display the most. Otherwise, they were equally good. For me, I really want to see and get feedback on how visible they are outdoors in sunlight. So I will wait until the S3 comes out and then compare the two. Because the One X has so many problem right now, and the many advantages of the S3(bigger removeable battery, expandable storage, better FF camera, better video capabilities, software features), I will most likely get the S3.
    05-27-2012 04:14 PM
    Just looked at the One X, Galaxy Nexus, and Samsung S2 today. The display on the One X is very nice, but only slightly better than the Gnex and S2. The sharpness of text was almost identical, even with max zoom. For me, the biggest difference between the 3 was that the One X was brighter and more pure white. The Gnex and S2 had the typical amoled blueish tint. I liked that about the One X display the most. Otherwise, they were equally good. For me, I really want to see and get feedback on how visible they are outdoors in sunlight. So I will wait until the S3 comes out and then compare the two. Because the One X has so many problem right now, and the many advantages of the S3(bigger removeable battery, expandable storage, better FF camera, better video capabilities, software features), I will most likely get the S3.
    One X is easily usable outside in direct sunlight.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2012 04:21 PM
    One X is easily usable outside in direct sunlight.

I assume it is better than the typical LCD? My Samsung Captivate was pretty good in sunlight back in the day, but now I think the newer displays are better, even LCD. From what I've read, amoled in general is better than LCD in direct sunlight as it is less reflective and has much better contrast/blacks.
    05-27-2012 04:59 PM
    I assume it is better than the typical LCD? My Samsung Captivate was pretty good in sunlight back in the day, but now I think the newer displays are better, even LCD. From what I've read, amoled in general is better than LCD in direct sunlight as it is less reflective and has much better contrast/blacks.
    Best display I've ever seen in direct sunlight. It's not even slightly annoying to use in direct sunlight.

Amoled is okay in direct sunlight, but lacks in brightness which is what really hinders it.

05-27-2012 05:13 PM
    Best display I've ever seen in direct sunlight. It's not even slightly annoying to use in direct sunlight.

Amoled is okay in direct sunlight, but lacks in brightness which is what really hinders it.

Have you seen the GNex and S2? How would it compare to them? I saw one review that compared the S3 and One X in direct sunlight and the S3 rated better.
    05-27-2012 05:22 PM
    Have you seen the GNex and S2? How would it compare to them? I saw one review that compared the S3 and One X in direct sunlight and the S3 rated better.
    I owned an S2. It's not even close. I have seen a gnex outside. Not that great.

Also compared to an iphone 4S the One X puts it to shame.

One review said that, but the rest rate the One X screen better. Alex Dobie even said as much on google+. He's seen them both side by side.

05-27-2012 05:41 PM
    Thanks. I will wait to see both, S3 and One X. The display is important to me but so are other things. I just saw the One X today and to me it was better, but only slightly so than the S2 and Gnex. The crispness of the text even zoomed in was about equal. I did like the brightness and pure whites of the One X though. Direct sunlight visibility will be the most important display factor for me since indoors, to me, they are so close. I just wish the One X didn't have so many issues. Hopefully they will be fixed by HTC as I have no interest in rooting.
    05-27-2012 05:51 PM
    im not taking anything away from the one x but the consumers themselves are the ones
    having some issues with the device. maybe they will get fixed maybe they wont. but the non expandable memory and the non removable battery with no sd slot of the one x is a definate deal breaker. even if the display is slightly better, which is the only plus i see for the one x. also no multitask, dnt really like sense and the s3 looks better to me.

i probably wont be getting either but waiting for that end of yr batch to see what it brings, then make my decision on a device. so im just giving my honest opinion on both. its a no brainer to me. i like more features otb, removable batts, multitask, and expandable memory., plus the look and sleekness of s3. but at the end of the day, if you like what you have, then youve won. as always different strokes for different folks, get what suits you.
    akronevan2 likes this.
    05-27-2012 06:46 PM

Yeah its nice to have a choice.

The features sort of remind me of bloatware installed on Pc's. Stuff that just gets janky and causes conflicts. Its why the updates take so long. The engadget team hated on the software and loved the hardware.

I get a little excited by the software features but then I come to my senses.
    S voice will be fine when it works like Siri.
    S beam...Never gonna use that.

All share should be nice....

Its really the hardware that looks great, I love storage!
    05-27-2012 08:57 PM
    I just read that the GSIII comes with four different display modes(dynamic, standard, natural, and movie). I can't wait to get a look at the natural or movie modes. I just went back to my Vivid from the One X and while the screen was nice I simply can't support the direction that HTC is trying to take android regarding multitasking. Hopefully Samsung will have more memory available after boot and allow me to leave YouTube or the browser and not have them reload when I return a few seconds later
    05-28-2012 11:31 AM
    just check this video here... it's from one guy who did a few videos on xda already having the phone in romania

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wRaFSDIPo[/YT]
    05-28-2012 03:14 PM
    I owned an S2. It's not even close. I have seen a gnex outside. Not that great.

Also compared to an iphone 4S the One X puts it to shame.

One review said that, but the rest rate the One X screen better. Alex Dobie even said as much on google+. He's seen them both side by side.

Lol @ that shameful retina display....ha ha
    05-28-2012 03:48 PM
425 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD