It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3:
Better display - Check (Pentile sucks compared to whatever magic HTC cooked up on the One X screen)
Build quality - Check (polycarbonate beats plastic any day of the week)
User Interface - Check (Sense > Touchwiz)
Processor - TBD (the dual core S4 is no slouch)
Battery - TBD (early reviews give high marks to the One X)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Better display - will be very close anyway
Build quality - opinon
User Interface - based on opinion
Processor - the exynos is better than the tegra 3(Us version will prob have the S4 which would tie it)
Battery - bigger battery= better

The way i see it it is all by personal preference.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Sense 4 vs TouchWiz is very much a matter of opinion. But Sense is definitely a heavier skin and the new TW has a lot of new features.

The screen is the only definite advantage the One X has.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Sense 4 vs TouchWiz is very much a matter of opinion. But Sense is definitely a heavier skin and the new TW has a lot of new features.

true, by really close. You will only know the differences if you put it side by side

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Better display - Most likely One X. Just because it is pentile does not mean it will be bad. I'll bet it will be pretty close and the average person will not really care.
Build quality - opinion. Just because it is plastic does not mean poor build quality.
User Interface - opinion. Some prefer Sense and others prefer TW.
Processor - in the US, gonna be the same S4.
Battery - S3 will probably be better. Given the same S4 chip and a larger battery.

On board storage: S3. optional 32/64 GB.
Removable storage: S3
Removable battery: S3
Wireless charging: S3

So really the only area the One X will be better is the display. And it is not like the S3 display will be bad. It will still be better than anything out there, except the One X.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't see it. One of these phones, the SGS3 or the One X (or the One XL, not sure) will be my next phone. There are some things about the SGS3 that I really don't like, and some things I really want.

As for Touchwiz > Sense? Aesthetically, yes. However, the features they talked about today... I can't see using a stock sense phone for long. I can see using a rooted stock rom on the SGS3 (with a theme, god the stock theme is ugly imho).

Really? The early opinions I've seen is Sense 4 is a very light skin, whereas Touchwiz is quite heavy handed looking. I believe Phil said it best. Sense is almost an augmentation of ICS, Touchwiz is a coating on top, covering ICS.

Reactions: chesalaam

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

It's polycarbonate as well

touchwiz it'll take a matter of days til there's a root and rom (AKOP or ASOP for me)

S4 or Exynos either way we all win

Screen will be so close it'll barely matter.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

It's polycarbonate as well

Polycarbonate is a very general term. Lots of plastics fall under it. Everything from Lexan to the One X. That's like saying something is metal. There is a whole lot of difference between aluminum and steel.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Better display - Most likely One X. Just because it is pentile does not mean it will be bad. I'll bet it will be pretty close and the average person will not really care.
Build quality - opinion. Just because it is plastic does not mean poor build quality.
User Interface - opinion. Some prefer Sense and others prefer TW.
Processor - in the US, gonna be the same S4.
Battery - S3 will probably be better. Given the same S4 chip and a larger battery.

On board storage: S3. optional 32/64 GB.
Removable storage: S3
Removable battery: S3
Wireless charging: S3

So really the only area the One X will be better is the display. And it is not like the S3 display will be bad. It will still be better than anything out there, except the One X.

+100

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I like samold displays and to be honest all the new and high tech on the s3 is making me really thinking about it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but E4GLTE is the best of the US phones.

Screen > SGS3
Removable storage > One X
Battery > One X (but SGS3 wins)
Camera button > both
Kickstand > both
Aluminum body > both

Pretty much everything else is equal.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Better display - Check (Pentile sucks compared to whatever magic HTC cooked up on the One X screen)
Build quality - Check (polycarbonate beats plastic any day of the week)
User Interface - Check (Sense > Touchwiz)
Processor - TBD (the dual core S4 is no slouch)
Battery - TBD (early reviews give high marks to the One X)

Your comparison is very flawed, if not FANBOY.

Screen - Personal preference, OLED has better contrast, SLCD2 has denser pixels

User Interface - TW with voice recognition and photo like instagram and lighter lory > Sense

CPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source: The impressive Samsung Galaxy S III benchmarks are here - GSMArena.com news

GPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source:
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Performance Preview: It's Fast

Battery - GS3 has 300 more mah, can be wirelessly charged and battery is removable.

Storage - SDHC Card slot for GS3

Cloud Storage - GS3 50 GB > 25 GB

Extras: Samsung has a lot more services such as their video, music, entertainment centers, etc. GS3

The only thing the HTC One X wins in is maybe design, but you can't remove the battery and maybe build quality.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I guess we'll just ignore the wireless charging capability, larger removable battery, up to 64gb onboard memory (16 on the one x), removable storage option with up to another 64gb of storage (possible 128gb wow), 50gb of dropbox storage........just to name a few

Reactions: ScandaLeX

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

benchmarks_htconex-566x500.jpeg

fc070e007782012f95c012313d09387d-580x421.jpg

The CPU performance reaches about 3,000. The memory performs similarly to the Tegra 3 and the S4 beats it in that department. But other than that, the Exynos beats them both.

Galaxy S III Exynos quad-core benchmarked – SlashGear

CPU

Last edited by a moderator:

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Slightly off topic, but E4GLTE is the best of the US phones.

Screen > SGS3
Removable storage > One X
Battery > One X (but SGS3 wins)
Camera button > both
Kickstand > both
Aluminum body > both

Pretty much everything else is equal.

And Sprint, which is a major loss against both for some people. For me, in a relatively large city in California (I think we're like the 5th largest or something in CA) I actually get a warning on the sprint website saying they won't be able to guarantee quality service in my area. Judging by other's experiences in my area, that's a real problem. Not for the majority, but there is a large minority where it is a problem.

I guess we'll just ignore the wireless charging capability, larger removable battery, up to 64gb onboard memory (16 on the one x), removable storage option with up to another 64gb of storage (possible 128gb wow), 50gb of dropbox storage........just to name a few

You could also ignore the fact that most of those things are useless to most people, or good things about the One X. Does there have to be so much fanboyism? What's good for you is good for you. Cool. Something else may be better for someone else.

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site

And Sprint, which is a major loss against both for some people. For me, in a relatively large city in California (I think we're like the 5th largest or something in CA) I actually get a warning on the sprint website saying they won't be able to guarantee quality service in my area. Judging by other's experiences in my area, that's a real problem. Not for the majority, but there is a large minority where it is a problem.

Rule 1 in picking a cell phone: Pick a carrier that has good service where you are. Gotta respect that.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Sprint is going to get the "samsung galaxy s3 epic 4g touch hd lte." Lol I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the name if they did get it.

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

EVo lte advants for me: kickstand, cam and cam ui(based on specs,reviews and sample pics so far, and playing with the one x), slcd2, sense, hd voice potential, cam shutter button, availability, NV, unlimited data, beats audio simply cuz given the choice i'll take it

GS3 advants for me: front cam, removable battery, wireless charging capability

things that don't make a diff to me : 4.7 vs 4.8, 32 or 64 g variant which equals more money I would think, most software add ons cuz I think I'll already have most of them and others would probably end up in the market somewhere if I really felt I wanted to try it, blue and white colors cuz I like black or silver phones

I think I covered it all for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance