11-26-2012 07:55 PM
425 12345 ...
tools
    Those getting hung up on technical specs on phones of this caliper are dumb!

S3 all the way for me!

These features seal the deal for me..
    Wireless charging
    All Share Cast
    S Voice
    No protruding camera!

Other nice things...
    Bigger battery
    Thinner/more rounded

The screens and cameras will be comparable in real world use. Nothing to get hung up on either way.
    05-04-2012 10:47 AM
    SG3 camera would be at least as good or better as the Epic 4G Touch. I just left Sprint for Verizon and was sad to give up that phone. GNex is nice but liked the Epic more and it had a much better camera then the GNex.

A very detailed review of SG2, HTC One X, and GNex cameras showed that the SG2 outperforms the HTC One X in some areas and vise-versa in others...
    05-04-2012 10:58 AM
    I personally will be going for the One X because:

1) It is available sooner
    2) S4, I love the idea of having a chip based on the Cortex-A15 Architecture
    3) The screen! I just went through 6 Lumia 900s that have Samsung AMOLED screens that suffered from a purple tint issue.
    4) Overall design (I feel like Marketing had more say in the design of GS3 than engineering)
    5) Sense 4.0 looks leaner than TouchWiz Nature UX imo

Things that the GS3 has that I like but just can't wait for:
    -Bigger battery (although i'd argue this is going to be moot when factoring in stay awake and all these other features Samsung is pushing that might affect battery life)

-Wireless charging, it is amazing and I miss it from my Palm Pre

-MicroSD, obviously its a good feature, but I am also one to love the unibody design. IDK which one I would rather have to tell you the truth, I'd rather have both!
    05-04-2012 11:15 AM
    Thank you for posting the benchmarks. I had to delete the images, though, because you didn't source Anandtech for them in this particular comment. Please if you use information from somewhere provide a source so they can get credit for the work they put into getting the results.

Thanks.
    What do you mean? I sourced all the images I got in my comments. The links are there.
    05-04-2012 01:37 PM
    They both look like very capable phones, pick your favorite flavor and just enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    If everyone would just figure out how to do this, the world would be a happier place.
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    05-04-2012 01:54 PM
    I might just get the one x because of design now... The Samsung person who thought of a nature phone should be shot... It doesn't make sense you have to make design changes yes but this one was too over the top for me.. Just looks ugly
    05-04-2012 02:07 PM
    I might just get the one x because of design now... The Samsung person who thought of a nature phone should be shot... It doesn't make sense you have to make design changes yes but this one was too over the top for me.. Just looks ugly
    So he should be shot just cause you dont like the design?

I think the gs3 is better than the one X
    05-04-2012 02:27 PM
    I don't like how the camera bulges out on the one-x. Looks like a big wart.
    Sealed battery=not good.
    If this thread was posted in the one-x forum, the op would be applauded. Here, not so much.
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    05-04-2012 02:48 PM

Im just messing...just saying it could of been better,... I've looked at it again and it's growing on me
    05-04-2012 02:53 PM

I agree,shooting is a bit much. Perhaps just put on the rack till his shoulders are dislocated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2012 02:57 PM
    I understand the improvements in the GS3 but it surely doesn't meet the expectations most of us had prior to the announcement. When it became clear that this was the direction Samsung was going in about 2 weeks ago, I prepared myself for this and began honestly looking at other options. I have since concluded that while GS3 is an excellent device, the HTC One x will probably win phone of the year.
    05-04-2012 03:11 PM
    GS3 is a big disappointment. I hate apple just like the rest but Sammy needs to stop copying everything apple does. Siri clone? Sammy could do better than that lol. There laptops even look like mac books lol
    Really? I have always felt the exact opposite. Samsung laptops seem to be making their own style, compared the hoards of MB clones. Samsung has that sleek brushed black aluminum build, whereas everyone else is going with the grey flat aluminum. Exactly like the MBP/MBA.

Everything I've seen shows they are using the same camera sensor from the S2 in the S3.
    That doesn't appear to be so. A lot of people thought that, because samsung has not released a new sensor yet. However from anandtech:

I ran voodoo report on the SGS3 and we've obtained a lot of information, including the rear camera CMOS, which is an as of yet unannounced S5C73M3 8 MP BSI sensor. Without getting more information, I can't tell you pixel pitch or optical format, but it's clearly a latest and greatest CMOS that Samsung hasn't even made directly public yet.
    AnandTech - The Samsung Galaxy S III Preview

I've realized that the people in these forums are so biased lol. No one gave the S3 a chance. A lot of people say the HTC Series phones are better than the GS3. Really guys? Currently 18-1... I was that 1 -___- haha

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...te-vs-gs3.html
    Post the poll here in a few weeks when people have their hands on the SGS3, and the vast majority off people in here are here not because it's a new phone, but because it's a phone they have interest in, and you will likely see the opposite. However, in my opinion, the E4GLTE does fix a lot of One X issues.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-04-2012 03:16 PM
    I personally won't buy a phone without a storage slot and a removable battery. So for me, even though I like HTC the winner is clear. But I am not planning on getting a new phone anytime soon so it's not really a big deal.
    05-04-2012 04:45 PM
    I understand the improvements in the GS3 but it surely doesn't meet the expectations most of us had prior to the announcement. When it became clear that this was the direction Samsung was going in about 2 weeks ago, I prepared myself for this and began honestly looking at other options. I have since concluded that while GS3 is an excellent device, the HTC One x will probably win phone of the year.
    Unrealistic expectations, from what I can tell, is what most people had. The GSII sold millions upon millions of units all over the world, and continues to sell like crazy. The GSIII will do the same...for every person who dislikes this new phone for whatever reason, there is a person out there who likes it for the very same reason. Same with HTC phones, or Motorola..there are those who love them, I don't care for either mfg at all. I bought an HTC Rezound off eBay to give HTC and Sense a try, and within a couple days I'm back to my Samsung Droid Charge, which is inferior in every way to the Rezound. I simply do not like HTC phones, nothing about them makes me excited to use the device. Everyone has certain things they like/dislike about these devices, and there is no right or wrong. I think it is way too early to say what will be phone of the year.
    davey11 and abwchris like this.
    05-04-2012 05:04 PM
    Unrealistic expectations, from what I can tell, is what most people had. The GSII sold millions upon millions of units all over the world, and continues to sell like crazy. The GSIII will do the same...for every person who dislikes this new phone for whatever reason, there is a person out there who likes it for the very same reason. Same with HTC phones, or Motorola..there are those who love them, I don't care for either mfg at all. I bought an HTC Rezound off eBay to give HTC and Sense a try, and within a couple days I'm back to my Samsung Droid Charge, which is inferior in every way to the Rezound. I simply do not like HTC phones, nothing about them makes me excited to use the device. Everyone has certain things they like/dislike about these devices, and there is no right or wrong. I think it is way too early to say what will be phone of the year.
    This is very true. The more hate the Samsung receives just shows the more people want the phone. If a product can cause others to have buyers remorse and to bash it in forums that just means the product will sell even better.

Lets face it, the iPhone is one of these.
    lpt2569 and abwchris like this.
    05-04-2012 06:18 PM
    This is very true. The more hate the Samsung receives just shows the more people want the phone. If a product can cause others to have buyers remorse and to bash it in forums that just means the product will sell even better.

Lets face it, the iPhone is one of these.
    This phone is getting alot of hate, but it seems to have alot of nice features.
    05-04-2012 06:26 PM
    Your comparison is very flawed, if not FANBOY.

Screen - Personal preference, OLED has better contrast, SLCD2 has denser pixels

User Interface - TW with voice recognition and photo like instagram and lighter lory > Sense

CPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
    Source: The impressive Samsung Galaxy S III benchmarks are here - GSMArena.com news

GPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
    Source:
    AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Performance Preview: It's Fast

Battery - GS3 has 300 more mah, can be wirelessly charged and battery is removable.

Storage - SDHC Card slot for GS3

Cloud Storage - GS3 50 GB > 25 GB

Extras: Samsung has a lot more services such as their video, music, entertainment centers, etc. GS3

The only thing the HTC One X wins in is maybe design, but you can't remove the battery and maybe build quality.
    Most important thing is that the HTC One X has Sense 4, GS3 does not
    05-04-2012 06:26 PM
    Most important thing is that the HTC One X has Sense 4, GS3 does not
    That's PERSONAL PREFERENCE though. Can we both agree on this? Or I can say the most important thing is S Voice, PIP Video, Better Video recording, and more that the touchwiz and the software it comes with has that Sense 4 does not.

The only thing that makes Sense 4 look better is that there are detailed articles written about it and what it can and can't do. Right now Touchwiz has tons of features I have seen in preview shots that have not been expressed in videos, but even with the small things we have seen like S VOICE I am a lot more impressed with.
    05-04-2012 06:32 PM
    That's PERSONAL PREFERENCE though. Can we both agree on this? Or I can say the most important thing is S Voice, PIP Video, Better Video recording, and more that the touchwiz and the software it comes with has that Sense 4 does not.

The only thing that makes Sense 4 look better is that there are detailed articles written about it and what it can and can't do. Right now Touchwiz has tons of features I have seen in preview shots that have not been expressed in videos, but even with the small things we have seen like S VOICE I am a lot more impressed with.
    I interpreted the previous post as suggesting that Sense was a reason NOT to get the One X

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2012 07:42 PM
    I personally like the looks of the SGSIII. Anyway, I'll have a case either way, so not an issue.

I could not care less what other people think about how my phone " looks".
    What a silly thing to judge a phone by, imho.
    If it is important to you, then by all means use it as a factor to consider.
    lpt2569 and jcp007 like this.
    05-04-2012 07:53 PM
    I interpreted the previous post as suggesting that Sense was a reason NOT to get the One X

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    No Sense 4 is the best Android overlay, very useful and aesthetically pleasing.
    05-04-2012 09:41 PM
    I guess we'll just ignore the wireless charging capability, larger removable battery, up to 64gb onboard memory (16 on the one x), removable storage option with up to another 64gb of storage (possible 128gb wow), 50gb of dropbox storage........just to name a few
    Does it really matter if you get 25 GB of dropbox @ HTC vs 50 GB @ Samsung when most people have data caps of 2-10 GB/MONTH. Won't disagree on the other points.
    05-04-2012 09:51 PM
    I can't wait to use both of these phones before deciding which is better.

To the title of this thread: it's obvious that both of these phones are very close and it comes down to personal preference which is better.
    05-04-2012 09:56 PM
    I can't wait to use both of these phones before deciding which is better.

To the title of this thread: it's obvious that both of these phones are very close and it comes down to personal preference which is better.
    I agree 100%. I like them both. On paper the S3 has alot of things that are better. The One X really only has possibly a better display. I think in the real world it wont be a huge difference. In the end it should depend on what is right for each person and what they feel is most important. Both phones are great. Everyone should try both.
    05-04-2012 10:01 PM
    I think both phones are great. Personally I'd go with the gsIII because I'm used to Samsung. But honestly HTC isn't gonna sell many phones to mainstream consumers unless they start advertising them. That's probably the main reason apple sells as many iphones as they do... Advertising! Of course HTC is gonna get the tech geeks to buy the One series, but we don't make up the main population of buyers. Lets see by the end of the year what sells more GSIII or One X
    05-04-2012 10:06 PM
425 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD