It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

I understand the improvements in the GS3 but it surely doesn't meet the expectations most of us had prior to the announcement. When it became clear that this was the direction Samsung was going in about 2 weeks ago, I prepared myself for this and began honestly looking at other options. I have since concluded that while GS3 is an excellent device, the HTC One x will probably win phone of the year.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

GS3 is a big disappointment. I hate apple just like the rest but Sammy needs to stop copying everything apple does. Siri clone? Sammy could do better than that lol. There laptops even look like mac books lol

Really? I have always felt the exact opposite. Samsung laptops seem to be making their own style, compared the hoards of MB clones. Samsung has that sleek brushed black aluminum build, whereas everyone else is going with the grey flat aluminum. Exactly like the MBP/MBA.

Everything I've seen shows they are using the same camera sensor from the S2 in the S3.

That doesn't appear to be so. A lot of people thought that, because samsung has not released a new sensor yet. However from anandtech:

I ran voodoo report on the SGS3 and we've obtained a lot of information, including the rear camera CMOS, which is an as of yet unannounced S5C73M3 8 MP BSI sensor. Without getting more information, I can't tell you pixel pitch or optical format, but it's clearly a latest and greatest CMOS that Samsung hasn't even made directly public yet.

AnandTech - The Samsung Galaxy S III Preview

I've realized that the people in these forums are so biased lol. No one gave the S3 a chance. A lot of people say the HTC Series phones are better than the GS3. Really guys? Currently 18-1... I was that 1 -___- haha

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/171423-poll-e4glte-vs-gs3.html

Post the poll here in a few weeks when people have their hands on the SGS3, and the vast majority off people in here are here not because it's a new phone, but because it's a phone they have interest in, and you will likely see the opposite. However, in my opinion, the E4GLTE does fix a lot of One X issues.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I personally won't buy a phone without a storage slot and a removable battery. So for me, even though I like HTC the winner is clear. But I am not planning on getting a new phone anytime soon so it's not really a big deal.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I understand the improvements in the GS3 but it surely doesn't meet the expectations most of us had prior to the announcement. When it became clear that this was the direction Samsung was going in about 2 weeks ago, I prepared myself for this and began honestly looking at other options. I have since concluded that while GS3 is an excellent device, the HTC One x will probably win phone of the year.

Unrealistic expectations, from what I can tell, is what most people had. The GSII sold millions upon millions of units all over the world, and continues to sell like crazy. The GSIII will do the same...for every person who dislikes this new phone for whatever reason, there is a person out there who likes it for the very same reason. Same with HTC phones, or Motorola..there are those who love them, I don't care for either mfg at all. I bought an HTC Rezound off eBay to give HTC and Sense a try, and within a couple days I'm back to my Samsung Droid Charge, which is inferior in every way to the Rezound. I simply do not like HTC phones, nothing about them makes me excited to use the device. Everyone has certain things they like/dislike about these devices, and there is no right or wrong. I think it is way too early to say what will be phone of the year.

Reactions: abwchris

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Unrealistic expectations, from what I can tell, is what most people had. The GSII sold millions upon millions of units all over the world, and continues to sell like crazy. The GSIII will do the same...for every person who dislikes this new phone for whatever reason, there is a person out there who likes it for the very same reason. Same with HTC phones, or Motorola..there are those who love them, I don't care for either mfg at all. I bought an HTC Rezound off eBay to give HTC and Sense a try, and within a couple days I'm back to my Samsung Droid Charge, which is inferior in every way to the Rezound. I simply do not like HTC phones, nothing about them makes me excited to use the device. Everyone has certain things they like/dislike about these devices, and there is no right or wrong. I think it is way too early to say what will be phone of the year.

This is very true. The more hate the Samsung receives just shows the more people want the phone. If a product can cause others to have buyers remorse and to bash it in forums that just means the product will sell even better.

Lets face it, the iPhone is one of these.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This is very true. The more hate the Samsung receives just shows the more people want the phone. If a product can cause others to have buyers remorse and to bash it in forums that just means the product will sell even better.

Lets face it, the iPhone is one of these.

This phone is getting alot of hate, but it seems to have alot of nice features.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Your comparison is very flawed, if not FANBOY.

Screen - Personal preference, OLED has better contrast, SLCD2 has denser pixels

User Interface - TW with voice recognition and photo like instagram and lighter lory > Sense

CPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source: The impressive Samsung Galaxy S III benchmarks are here - GSMArena.com news

GPU - Exynos > Tegra 3 and S4
Source:
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Performance Preview: It's Fast

Battery - GS3 has 300 more mah, can be wirelessly charged and battery is removable.

Storage - SDHC Card slot for GS3

Cloud Storage - GS3 50 GB > 25 GB

Extras: Samsung has a lot more services such as their video, music, entertainment centers, etc. GS3

The only thing the HTC One X wins in is maybe design, but you can't remove the battery and maybe build quality.

Most important thing is that the HTC One X has Sense 4, GS3 does not

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Most important thing is that the HTC One X has Sense 4, GS3 does not

That's PERSONAL PREFERENCE though. Can we both agree on this? Or I can say the most important thing is S Voice, PIP Video, Better Video recording, and more that the touchwiz and the software it comes with has that Sense 4 does not.

The only thing that makes Sense 4 look better is that there are detailed articles written about it and what it can and can't do. Right now Touchwiz has tons of features I have seen in preview shots that have not been expressed in videos, but even with the small things we have seen like S VOICE I am a lot more impressed with.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That's PERSONAL PREFERENCE though. Can we both agree on this? Or I can say the most important thing is S Voice, PIP Video, Better Video recording, and more that the touchwiz and the software it comes with has that Sense 4 does not.

The only thing that makes Sense 4 look better is that there are detailed articles written about it and what it can and can't do. Right now Touchwiz has tons of features I have seen in preview shots that have not been expressed in videos, but even with the small things we have seen like S VOICE I am a lot more impressed with.

I interpreted the previous post as suggesting that Sense was a reason NOT to get the One X

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I personally like the looks of the SGSIII. Anyway, I'll have a case either way, so not an issue.

I could not care less what other people think about how my phone " looks".
What a silly thing to judge a phone by, imho.
If it is important to you, then by all means use it as a factor to consider.

Reactions: jcp007 and lpt2569

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I interpreted the previous post as suggesting that Sense was a reason NOT to get the One X

No Sense 4 is the best Android overlay, very useful and aesthetically pleasing.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I guess we'll just ignore the wireless charging capability, larger removable battery, up to 64gb onboard memory (16 on the one x), removable storage option with up to another 64gb of storage (possible 128gb wow), 50gb of dropbox storage........just to name a few

Does it really matter if you get 25 GB of dropbox @ HTC vs 50 GB @ Samsung when most people have data caps of 2-10 GB/MONTH. Won't disagree on the other points.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I can't wait to use both of these phones before deciding which is better.

To the title of this thread: it's obvious that both of these phones are very close and it comes down to personal preference which is better.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I can't wait to use both of these phones before deciding which is better.

To the title of this thread: it's obvious that both of these phones are very close and it comes down to personal preference which is better.

I agree 100%. I like them both. On paper the S3 has alot of things that are better. The One X really only has possibly a better display. I think in the real world it wont be a huge difference. In the end it should depend on what is right for each person and what they feel is most important. Both phones are great. Everyone should try both.

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think both phones are great. Personally I'd go with the gsIII because I'm used to Samsung. But honestly HTC isn't gonna sell many phones to mainstream consumers unless they start advertising them. That's probably the main reason apple sells as many iphones as they do... Advertising! Of course HTC is gonna get the tech geeks to buy the One series, but we don't make up the main population of buyers. Lets see by the end of the year what sells more GSIII or One X

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Ugh! What's with these 2012 slabs. Android is very much becoming PC. Throw in as much specs as you can, forget user feel, aesthetics.. and just plain desirability.

I got more i-fans saying oooh and ahh about my lowly Nexus S than any of these clunkers I show um on the web.

I think the market is going to look mighty different when the iphone5 drops. When you design phones for the 2% geek group, prepare for the worst.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Ugh! What's with these 2012 slabs. Android is very much becoming PC. Throw in as much specs as you can, forget user feel, aesthetics.. and just plain desirability.

I got more i-fans saying oooh and ahh about my lowly Nexus S than any of these clunkers I show um on the web.

I think the market is going to look mighty different when the iphone5 drops. When you design phones for the 2% geek group, prepare for the worst.

I am so frustrated by the "4.8 inches but it feels like 4.5 inches" phones. I want the 4 inch phone that feels like 3.7, how is it that no manufacturer will make a flagship device at this size?

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I am so frustrated by the "4.8 inches but it feels like 4.5 inches" phones. I want the 4 inch phone that feels like 3.7, how is it that no manufacturer will make a flagship device at this size?

Because a high resolution screen and 4 inches is too small to do real multimedia that requires on screen buttons etc. Text would look too tiny and you would to constantly pinch to zoom in and out anyways. The purpose of larger screen with higher resolution is that would not have to do that anymore. Your nexus s is perfect for you. It has all the computing power it needs for a phone with only a 4 inch screen which is not much. I can't stand my 4 inch screen. My eyes and head hurts when I'm reading forums for over 20 minutes. I can't play x men on t because the on screen button takes up the entire screen. I'm forced to read comics in land scale mode and have to constantly scroll to read the entire page. With a large screen device non of these problems exist. I can read comics in portrait mode and see the entire page. I can type put this reply without the keyboard taking up 75% of the screen and almost completely blocking my reply box.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Because a high resolution screen and 4 inches is too small to do real multimedia that requires on screen buttons etc. Text would look too tiny and you would to constantly pinch to zoom in and out anyways. The purpose of larger screen with higher resolution is that would not have to do that anymore. Your nexus s is perfect for you. It has all the computing power it needs for a phone with only a 4 inch screen which is not much. I can't stand my 4 inch screen. My eyes and head hurts when I'm reading forums for over 20 minutes. I can't play x men on t because the on screen button takes up the entire screen. I'm forced to read comics in land scale mode and have to constantly scroll to read the entire page. With a large screen device non of these problems exist. I can read comics in portrait mode and see the entire page. I can type put this reply without the keyboard taking up 75% of the screen and almost completely blocking my reply box.

Well then why don't you get a NOTE if 4" is that bad. I mean look, the most popular device in the world in frigging tiny. 4.8 is a strait up "NICHE" size.

Why can't we find a happy medium in 4.3? So the EVO screen is tiny and hurts the eye? Com'on fareel?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

This just might be the most ridiculous thing ever said here.

Reactions: spark032207#WN

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89