It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

If the screen on the One X and S3 are pretty close in clarity I'm pretty sure the blacks of AMOLED will sway me in its direction. I can't get enough of that contrast it just looks so good. I haven't seen an lcd yet on a phone that doesn't look like crap when watching a video or something where there is a lot of black detail. Colors "pop" because of the black level. And I don't mean that overly blue contrasty look that most AMOLEDs have. I put my Epic 4G Touch in movie mode and the color accuracy is amazing. OLED gets a bad wrap as looking artificial but the fact of the matter is that most OLED phones ship with a ridiculously high (cold) color temp out of the box with no way to change it. It's similar to the way manufacturers set their tvs to vivid mode in the stores to catch you eye, but when you take it home it looks terrible. The only phones I know that allow you to change the color temp is the International and Sprint Galaxy S2. By putting the screen into movie mode the color temp is closer to the industry standard of 6500k. From what I understand you can do this on the S3 too but who knows if that option will be removed for the U.S. versions like what happened with the S2.

In SGS3, now they have 4 color mode.

add23.jpg

You should really check the video and the audio capabilities of the phone. They are simply unparalleled. Support for virtually every codec.

Check this extremely long preview:

Mobile-review.com First Look at Samsung Galaxy S3 as a 2012 Flagship

Phone Arena preview: [YT]on1VgsO-LC8[/YT]

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

All joking and fun aside, the S3 should be awesome. I am sure fans are going to go hard on both brands, but right now the ONE wins, on the shear fact that it is present. When the S3 gets here, I will bet some talented person here will do a nice review of the two in real world application. Should be a good debate.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea US carriers were removing this feature! What possible reason can you have for removing a setting like this, it makes no sense.

Nobody said it was being removed. He said that he didn't know if it would remain in the us version.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Nobody said it was being removed. He said that he didn't know if it would remain in the us version.

The International Galaxy Note has three modes; Dynamic, Standard and Movie. This feature was eliminated in the AT&T version of the Galaxy Note.

Hopefully they leave the SGSIII intact...

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

All joking and fun aside, the S3 should be awesome. I am sure fans are going to go hard on both brands, but right now the ONE wins, on the shear fact that it is present. When the S3 gets here, I will bet some talented person here will do a nice review of the two in real world application. Should be a good debate.

Agreed!!!

Reactions: jcp007

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Excellent quote:

"To my mind PenTile is a good example how fobias are born. If you can see subpixels feel free to buy phones, which have more of them. I can only envy that you see the world differently from the majority of people. A word of caution though - modern day TVs have comparable or even lower screen resolution that that of Galaxy S 3. People who can spot PenTile must suffer every time they switch on TV. The placebo effect is as strong in the world of technology as in other areas of life."

Reactions: taylormah

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Excellent quote:

"To my mind PenTile is a good example how fobias are born. If you can see subpixels feel free to buy phones, which have more of them. I can only envy that you see the world differently from the majority of people. A word of caution though - modern day TVs have comparable or even lower screen resolution that that of Galaxy S 3. People who can spot PenTile must suffer every time they switch on TV. The placebo effect is as strong in the world of technology as in other areas of life."

the screen of SGS3 is better than the HTC One X in that review, images are crisp!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

......... Support for virtually every codec. ..............

This is MY main reason why I love Samsung phones! I'm not sure if HTC is supporting most codecs now but two years ago when the first gens came out, Samsung had HTC BEAT here!....and yes, I know about other apps that can run the codecs on HTC but they weren't nearly as good as Samsung OUT OF THE BOX!!! SGS3 can't come soon enough.

PS: I played with the HTC One X yesterday at an AT&T store and the screen is BEAUTIFUL no doubt about it.....BUT.....its doesn't have the POP in color vividness like the SGS2. I love watching 720P BRRips on my SGS1 so it will look even better on the SGS3!

Reactions: MannyZ28

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The International Galaxy Note has three modes; Dynamic, Standard and Movie. This feature was eliminated in the AT&T version of the Galaxy Note.

Hopefully they leave the SGSIII intact...

The sprint version also still has it, at&t always gimp their phones. Sprint does a much better job at this. I always think the skyrocket was at&ts realization that they made a mistake ordering their gs2 and they tried to correct it with the skyrocket. I am hoping sprint will keep this tradition alive with the gs3.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Excellent quote:

The writers spellcheck failed him. Phobias, not fobias! Lol

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Excellent quote:

That is incredibly condescending.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Excellent quote:

This is actually not true, right? I mean, my TV is 720p but most nowadays are 1080 which is a higher resolution than any phone display. It is pixel density that is higher on phones, not resolution. And as Kevin just pointed out, that ought to be higher on phones because typical viewing distance is closer than for TVs.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Excellent quote:

This is stupid, for several reasons. For the most part, I do agree with condescending though. Condescending and stupid. Dripping with pure fanboyism.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

The sprint version also still has it, at&t always gimp their phones. Sprint does a much better job at this. I always think the skyrocket was at&ts realization that they made a mistake ordering their gs2 and they tried to correct it with the skyrocket. I am hoping sprint will keep this tradition alive with the gs3.

Thanks, this just confirms that Sprint always gets the best version of any phone. AT&T simply are the worst in every possible way.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, this just confirms that Sprint always gets the best version of any phone. AT&T simply are the worst in every possible way.

Lol. That's like having a Ferrari and no gas money

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Exactly!

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know which one is best because as of today I have not held both of them in my hands and looked at them with my own two eyes.

Sorry but I'm not a big enough fanboy of any phone manufacturer to declare one the best thing to happen since sliced bread, until I actually try it for myself.

9 times out of 10 when you start talking about the next greatest phone you can find 100 reviews telling you why you should give up your first born to own it and another 100 saying the same thing about another phone.

Nothing against HTC or Samsung but until I hold each one in my own grubby little paws neither one of them is the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital