It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
What are you reading? Every single hands on has the One X screen as superior. (and by a clear margin)
I believe there are at least 2 sources in this thread with the opinion that the SGSIII may be better. Anyway, almost all of the reviews say it is close. Definitely no "clear margin"

As others have pointed out, shouldn't you just see for yourself?
I would LOVE to see a "blind" comparison after the SGS3 is released. Showing videos, webpages, pictures to people who don't know the difference between the two phones.

Anyway, all the internet opinions aside, I will look at the SGSIII in person. THAT will be MY deciding factor.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Let me summarize the screen arguments :-

One X - LCD, brighter, more uniform colors
GS3 - Pentile can't be noticed by most people, deeper blacks and vivid colors, color modes to adjust

Who cares about the screen ? It's just one aspect, and it's going to be close. There are about 10 other features that made me choose the GS3.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

It's a very poor turn, almost as if you've decided you don't like arguing on the Internet after all. Follow that path, it leads to enlightenment.

And I'm almost tempted to move this thread to the One X forums. I'd thought about doing it the other day anyway, but I'm sure some fanboy who likes to cause trouble would simply make another one just like it.

move it, this forum got lame when everyone stopped arguing :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Uh oh, now you've done it. :)

Yep, because AC hasn't done one officially, and the stuff we have ran has had disclaimers about the hardware and software not being final.

That being said, every one that saw the SGSIII and the One X said the display on the One X was better overall. More natural colors and brighter.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, because AC hasn't done one officially, and the stuff we have ran has had disclaimers about the hardware and software not being final.

That being said, every one that saw the SGSIII and the One X said the display on the One X was better overall. More natural colors and brighter.

If only there was a phone with htc one x hardware and Samsung software

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I see several references to Exynos 5. Is this code to support the newest exynos? It also references X86. (Not sure why)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

But we already know that the Exynos 5 exists....

This is more proof that devices are testing with it (probably). Also a reference to a 1280x800 SAMOLED+ panel. Maybe some new hardware going through some testing? Just like Samsung to release the SGSIII and already have the next great hardware this far along in testing.

Reactions: LazrRocketArm

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So this is too late in the game to expect this to be a SGSIII variant, like the rumored Rogers version with LTE and Exynos.

Next Galaxy Nexus device more likely?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
But we already know that the Exynos 5 exists....

This is more proof that devices are testing with it (probably). Also a reference to a 1280x800 SAMOLED+ panel. Maybe some new hardware going through some testing? Just like Samsung to release the SGSIII and already have the next great hardware this far along in testing.

It's a tablet.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Let me summarize the screen arguments :-

One X - LCD, brighter, more uniform colors
GS3 - Pentile can't be noticed by most people, deeper blacks and vivid colors, color modes to adjust

Who cares about the screen ? It's just one aspect, and it's going to be close. There are about 10 other features that made me choose the GS3.

Yep pretty much, this thread is ridiculous quite honestly.

As you said the One X DOES have a slightly better screen, that said the GSIII has a very good screen and is noted to be better than the Nexus.

Add in it has a removable battery and SD slot for many people that is a deal breaker in regards to the One X.

At the end of the day both phones are incredible, it's a matter of preference and if you want to wait for the GSIII or get the One X today.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

It's a tablet.

Galaxy Note S? Galaxy S III +? Could be any number of things, but I wouldn't be surprised if the display is ready for a phone form factor, but wasn't quite ready for the SGSIII.

Either way, in typical Samsung fashion they will forget about the SGSIII 3-4 months (if that long) after release and move on to better hardware. I'm surprised the SGSII has seen ICS this soon (soon being relative of course). I could be wrong, maybe they've learned, but history hasn't been kind to Samsung and updates.

HTC hasn't done much better, either, in this regard. At least they've rallied behind the One Series, which is far better than last year's mish mash of random phones on all carriers.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
TFT (i.e., Moto Droid) screens aren't bad, AMOLED screens aren't that great (i.e., HTC Nexus One & Incredible) and supposedly Super AMOLED screens will be a lot better when they become available.

It could be a Note 2. However, you should note that Samsung has specifically said the Exynos 5 is for tablets, and this device just so happens to have the exact same screen resolution and type as the Galaxy Tab 7.7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: seeingwhite

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay