It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

swaze

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Just a FYI....I see people quoting 64 GB internal storage for the SGS3...........I can't recall one being announced with that option. Just that they "could" come in that size. So labeling that is a mistake unless you have a carrier who has annouced it as an option. Otherwise I believe most will be 16 or 32.

Also the EVO LTE supports 64 GB sdxc cards plus 16 GB internal so thats 80 GBs. Plenty of room for all to enjoy so thats really not a comparison. I know this because i use the same 64 gb card in my evo 3d.

swaze

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site

@crackberry
look the the pics posted by wilfred, i just dont know how the screen of SGS3 wins over One X?
maybe you can provide an explanation.

It doesn't these fan boys just need to make themselves feel better. The one X screen makes the SGS3 pentile screen look like an old floor model TV.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't use the one x with the way multitasking is working right now. Until that is fixed (and hopefully doesn't appear in the sprint version) there is no reason to buy one in my mind.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't these fan boys just need to make themselves feel better. The one X screen makes the SGS3 pentile screen look like an old floor model TV.

Really??? You sound like the fanboy to me. I have absolutely no problem with the fact on paper the One X DOES have a better screen.....however in real life situations lets be honest here the screens from what we have seen are damn near the same quality. They are both very good.

Have you personally held both phones to compare the "old floor model" if so I would love to see your review and pictures to show us all how crappy the screen is.

Again I have no problem with someone liking a phone better than another but neither of these phones are leaps and bounds better than the other in any category. As I have said before the deal breaker for me is that the One X doesn't have a SD slot and does not have a removable battery. Many others hold the same feeling which is why they will also be choosing the SIII over the One X.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

@crackberry
look the the pics posted by wilfred, i just dont know how the screen of SGS3 wins over One X?
maybe you can provide an explanation.

Pretty sure the guys at the all russian site mobile-reviews don't have a GSIII, so yeah, fake as hell. Just go to the store and take a look yourself.

No one on this forum cares what you have to say. Alot of people on this forum like the phone and will be getting it, so please stop being a troll.

Meh, around half the people in this 10 page thread are of the same mind. if you weren't looking to argue with HTC fanboys you wouldn't click on a thread titled "It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3"

Though I do agree that this thread doesn't belong here.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

This is getting childish people!! My phone is better than yours?!?! C'mon!! The REAL enemy here is the fruity drones/slaves that have the elitist mentality that their company is superior to the rest!! How about.....the HTC One X and the SGS3 is/will be BETTER than the iphone 5!! Android breathren UNITE!!!

....lol, this is all tongue and cheek here people and in no way I'm I condoning the harsh treatment of apple users as well.....sort of.....lol! :cool:

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is getting childish people!! My phone is better than yours?!?! C'mon!! The REAL enemy here is the fruity drones/slaves that have the elitist mentality that their company is superior to the rest!! How about.....the HTC One X and the SGS3 is/will be BETTER than the iphone 5!! Android breathren UNITE!!!:

Haha! Right on!

Sent from my International HTC One X.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

This is getting childish people!! My phone is better than yours?!?! C'mon!! The REAL enemy here is the fruity drones/slaves that have the elitist mentality that their company is superior to the rest!! How about.....the HTC One X and the SGS3 is/will be BETTER than the iphone 5!! Android breathren UNITE!!!

....lol, this is all tongue and cheek here people and in no way I'm I condoning the harsh treatment of apple users as well.....sort of.....lol! :cool:

And on that note........this argument should be settled

Reactions: LazrRocketArm

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=173747

This is the link of the forum where you can clearly see GSM arena's bias toward the S3.
Comprises of camera test pics for both.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

Said the X owner. :) j/k. Websites, just like people, are biased, just look at the apple biased website bgr.com. I will wait until the S3 appears and make up my own mind whether or not to buy it and most people who want the S3 are doing the same, however, there are people who are buying it no matter what.

Reactions: LazrRocketArm

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I say enough of arguing which is better.

They are both great phones, equally as good. Just get the phone you like better. It is all personal preference.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I agree it IS personal preference.
I do not begrudge HTC fans for thinking they have an excellent phone in the One series.
Just stop trying to convince everyone the One X is better.

Phonearena did rate the GSIII at 9.3 and the One X at 8.5. NOT saying it is better. Never used it myself. Just trying to point out that not all of these sites could be biased, right?

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Everybody knows the gsm arena article was biased crap, ie showing colorfull pictures taken during day with the s3 vs pictures taken in dark overcast for the one x.

If you honestly think pen tiles looks better you know nothing about screens. The pixels are wider apart, and the colors are less true. That's a fact. Samsung is using pen tile as a cost cutting method. But you go ahead and tell yourself your samoled looks better because gsm arena told you so. Maybe someday you'll actually convince yourself it's true. Unless you end up seeing somebody's one x.

And to the other guy, he didn't say it was an overall better phone, he said twice the phone. Which is why I said 300mh and removable sd is not half a phone.

i may know nothing about screens but my eyes are good and what my eyes see is that the S3 screen looks way better in the comparison pics, take a look...

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen the GSIII screen in person, but I have compared the Note and One X in store, and I can safely say that the One X blew the Note's screen out of the water, and it wasn't close. Same with the Nexus.

Moral of the story: wait till you get both of these phones in your hands. I didn't believe all of the talk I heard about the One X screen; until I saw one in person that is. It's great, and is definitely the best available right now.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen the GSIII screen in person, but I have compared the Note and One X in store, and I can safely say that the One X blew the Note's screen out of the water, and it wasn't close. Same with the Nexus.

Moral of the story: wait till you get both of these phones in your hands. I didn't believe all of the talk I heard about the One X screen; until I saw one in person that is. It's great, and is definitely the best available right now.
^^^^ that's how you choose a phone

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

The question everyone has to decide for themselves - is the screen enough to make you choose HTC?

The LCD screen is the only clear advantage the One series has, and there are some other factors to consider - e.g. visibility in daylight, the effect of the color modes, vibrancy vs natural color etc. I will be the first to admit that Pentile+SAMOLED is not the best tech in the world and has issues, but the end product is what we judge.

Apart from that, the cameras are pretty close, and then what we are left with is a huge list of features on the GS3 which HTC cannot match. The software on GS3 is better (TouchWiz, browser, multitaskting) and it has more hardware features, but that may not matter to some people. It also comes unlocked and with good dev support which is very imp to me.

The Evo 4G LTE is a much better competitor than the One X since it has sd card and approx the same size battery.

In the end, pick what you like best, can't go wrong with any of these amazing phones. All this fighting and attacks are pointless.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I find it hard to believe no reviews have mentioned such a huge problem, if it exists. I'm guessing its either non-final software, or HTC did this to save battery life.

edit - according to a post on XDA - "The problem is HTC stated that the phone is working the way is intended to be. I would wait for a solution if HTC acknowledge the problem which they haven't"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000