It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Mind if I ask what you got for your Skyrocket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

$360 on ebay which closed Sunday. (yesterday) I have already shipped off! I bought it in San Antonio on launch day (Nov 6, 2011). It was unlocked also.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I forgot the term that explain this, but contrast ratio tricks human eyes on luminance.
Click to view quoted image

upper one is Iphone 4 (470cd/m2), lower one is SGS2 (287cd/m2). which one look brighter?

SLCD isnt derived from ah-ips-lcd.. when HTC forced to switch from AMOLED to SLCD (due to shortage of amoled), they got SLCD from Sony, samsung first then later from taiwan companies like AUO.
full term for slcd is Super-TFT-LCD developed from Sony S-LCD. (co joint venture sony+samsung, even tho it says sony, this company is located inside samsung electronic facility in korea)

sony named it slcd, htc uses the term super lcd, samsung uses superclear lcd for their own products.

Until you go outside...

SLCD2 is not the same as standard slcd. It definitely improves on it.

As you stated before. That's a matter of opinion. And as has been stated already, id rather take the opinion of sites that actually HAVE the hardware in hand than the guessing of some of you guys. Both Phonearena and Gsmarena perfer the GS3....ill go with them for now

IMHO the Skyrocket isn't as good.

oh yeah....he was wasn't he. Opps my bad and my apologies. Ill go in my corner now

:eek: It's okay.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3:
Better display - Check (Pentile sucks compared to whatever magic HTC cooked up on the One X screen)
Build quality - Check (polycarbonate beats plastic any day of the week)
User Interface - Check (Sense > Touchwiz)
Processor - TBD (the dual core S4 is no slouch)
Battery - TBD (early reviews give high marks to the One X)

Which one will have an unlocked bootloader in the US?

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Until you go outside...

SLCD2 is not the same as standard slcd. It definitely improves on it.

go outside?
main pro's of AMOLED over LCD is outdoor visibility. you can see better in amoled outdoor than LCD cuz of high contrast(deeper black), less reflection of light, even tho amoled has less luminance.

samoled hd vs ah-ips-lcd light reflection test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_chJeUKJr6s&feature=player_embedded#!

i foudn out its not improved version of SLCD, its same as LG's ah-ips-lcd.
HTC One S and One X displays detailed - GSMArena.com news

so my guess is that SLCD2 display panel is from LG or at least are from lg licensed oem.

Last edited:
Reactions: jroc

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
There's a guy who has both phones. He's not a professional phone reviewer, just a regular consumer. Check his opinion

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

There's a guy who has both phones. He's not a professional phone reviewer, just a regular consumer. Check his opinion

Do you have a link?

For me, the only thing I hate about the SIII is the silly button on its face and it's plasticky looks (and this is coming from a GN owner, so yeah). The HTC One X, for me, looks perfect.

I know that's superficial, but really, that's what it comes down to. I root/flash, so I can care less about Sense's weird multi-tasking or the fact that touchwhiz, for some reason, places the launcher on the right side of the home screen. That stuff will be gone for me; I care about design, power, and the ability for me to get in there and do work. Thus, that button really, really grinds my gears.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link?

For me, the only thing I hate about the SIII is the silly button on its face and it's plasticky looks (and this is coming from a GN owner, so yeah). The HTC One X, for me, looks perfect.

I know that's superficial, but really, that's what it comes down to. I root/flash, so I can care less about Sense's weird multi-tasking or the fact that touchwhiz, for some reason, places the launcher on the right side of the home screen. That stuff will be gone for me; I care about design, power, and the ability for me to get in there and do work. Thus, that button really, really grinds my gears.

The gs3 may look plasticy, both phones are made from the same type of plastic

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Oh I understand that; I just prefer the sleeker, more unassuming matte finish of the One X than the somewhat garish (to me), over the top, Elton John-esque design of the SIII. The first time I saw it I was reminded of those terrible phone cases one would buy at mall kiosks circa 2004.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

AGREED!
but it is also important to consider what the phone looks like IN PERSON.(if the looks matter to you)
Maybe the same material, but they do use a different finishing process. May affect the looks. Apparently the One X, the white version specifically, is susceptible to staining.

Honestly, I will wait to see BOTH in person before I judge on looks. Really only determines if I put my new SGSIII in a case or not!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link?

Yes I do
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=175785

Reactions: dmmarck

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

AGREED!
but it is also important to consider what the phone looks like IN PERSON.(if the looks matter to you)
Maybe the same material, but they do use a different finishing process. May affect the looks. Apparently the One X, the white version specifically, is susceptible to staining.

Honestly, I will wait to see BOTH in person before I judge on looks. Really only determines if I put my new SGSIII in a case or not!

It is obvious that looks are important to some people than function, but from what I have seen so far the S3 looks good to me and I will take function over form when it comes to these two phones. The features on the S3 sold the phone for me.

Reactions: jcp007

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I read an article somewhere that the us versions are coming with 4 capatitive buttons.

I heard that as well, but believe it was just speculation due to the previous versions. I would be willing to bet we see the 3 button capacitive setup.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I love the look of the s3. When i look at pictures of it, especially the blue one it gives me goose pimples. I stare at it trying to really find some thing to hate about it taking into consideration what others have said about it looking plastickey and cheap. But i just love the design!!. I think its sad that other people cannot accept that all of us are not alike and i may like something the other guy may not. I dont like the look of the one x but im not gonna go around bashing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance