It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Both phones without the skins would be two boring phones. This is why android is so great because it gives us choices. You like vanilla android, and you made the right choice by getting the Galaxy Nexus. I want my phone to be packed with features, so I will getting the SG3, and I want a phone with a menu button.

Samsung would not have 9M preorders if they released the S3 as vanilla android phone with no features,

Totally agree!! +1

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I am returning my LTEvo as well. I thought I would have something more than my experience with the OG Evo. I was super hyped about this phone, but now going to exercise my 14 day return and get the s3.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Just looked at the One X, Galaxy Nexus, and Samsung S2 today. The display on the One X is very nice, but only slightly better than the Gnex and S2. The sharpness of text was almost identical, even with max zoom. For me, the biggest difference between the 3 was that the One X was brighter and more pure white. The Gnex and S2 had the typical amoled blueish tint. I liked that about the One X display the most. Otherwise, they were equally good. For me, I really want to see and get feedback on how visible they are outdoors in sunlight. So I will wait until the S3 comes out and then compare the two. Because the One X has so many problem right now, and the many advantages of the S3(bigger removeable battery, expandable storage, better FF camera, better video capabilities, software features), I will most likely get the S3.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at the One X, Galaxy Nexus, and Samsung S2 today. The display on the One X is very nice, but only slightly better than the Gnex and S2. The sharpness of text was almost identical, even with max zoom. For me, the biggest difference between the 3 was that the One X was brighter and more pure white. The Gnex and S2 had the typical amoled blueish tint. I liked that about the One X display the most. Otherwise, they were equally good. For me, I really want to see and get feedback on how visible they are outdoors in sunlight. So I will wait until the S3 comes out and then compare the two. Because the One X has so many problem right now, and the many advantages of the S3(bigger removeable battery, expandable storage, better FF camera, better video capabilities, software features), I will most likely get the S3.

One X is easily usable outside in direct sunlight.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

One X is easily usable outside in direct sunlight.

I assume it is better than the typical LCD? My Samsung Captivate was pretty good in sunlight back in the day, but now I think the newer displays are better, even LCD. From what I've read, amoled in general is better than LCD in direct sunlight as it is less reflective and has much better contrast/blacks.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I assume it is better than the typical LCD? My Samsung Captivate was pretty good in sunlight back in the day, but now I think the newer displays are better, even LCD. From what I've read, amoled in general is better than LCD in direct sunlight as it is less reflective and has much better contrast/blacks.

Best display I've ever seen in direct sunlight. It's not even slightly annoying to use in direct sunlight.

Amoled is okay in direct sunlight, but lacks in brightness which is what really hinders it.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Best display I've ever seen in direct sunlight. It's not even slightly annoying to use in direct sunlight.

Amoled is okay in direct sunlight, but lacks in brightness which is what really hinders it.

Have you seen the GNex and S2? How would it compare to them? I saw one review that compared the S3 and One X in direct sunlight and the S3 rated better.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen the GNex and S2? How would it compare to them? I saw one review that compared the S3 and One X in direct sunlight and the S3 rated better.

I owned an S2. It's not even close. I have seen a gnex outside. Not that great.

Also compared to an iphone 4S the One X puts it to shame.

One review said that, but the rest rate the One X screen better. Alex Dobie even said as much on google+. He's seen them both side by side.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. I will wait to see both, S3 and One X. The display is important to me but so are other things. I just saw the One X today and to me it was better, but only slightly so than the S2 and Gnex. The crispness of the text even zoomed in was about equal. I did like the brightness and pure whites of the One X though. Direct sunlight visibility will be the most important display factor for me since indoors, to me, they are so close. I just wish the One X didn't have so many issues. Hopefully they will be fixed by HTC as I have no interest in rooting.

NateBoii

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

im not taking anything away from the one x but the consumers themselves are the ones
having some issues with the device. maybe they will get fixed maybe they wont. but the non expandable memory and the non removable battery with no sd slot of the one x is a definate deal breaker. even if the display is slightly better, which is the only plus i see for the one x. also no multitask, dnt really like sense and the s3 looks better to me.

i probably wont be getting either but waiting for that end of yr batch to see what it brings, then make my decision on a device. so im just giving my honest opinion on both. its a no brainer to me. i like more features otb, removable batts, multitask, and expandable memory., plus the look and sleekness of s3. but at the end of the day, if you like what you have, then youve won. as always different strokes for different folks, get what suits you.

Reactions: akronevan2

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Both phones without the skins would be two boring phones. This is why android is so great because it gives us choices. You like vanilla android, and you made the right choice by getting the Galaxy Nexus. I want my phone to be packed with features, so I will getting the SG3, and I want a phone with a menu button.

Samsung would not have 9M preorders if they released the S3 as vanilla android phone with no features,
Yeah its nice to have a choice.

The features sort of remind me of bloatware installed on Pc's. Stuff that just gets janky and causes conflicts. Its why the updates take so long. The engadget team hated on the software and loved the hardware.

I get a little excited by the software features but then I come to my senses.
S voice will be fine when it works like Siri.
S beam...Never gonna use that.

All share should be nice....

Its really the hardware that looks great, I love storage!

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I just read that the GSIII comes with four different display modes(dynamic, standard, natural, and movie). I can't wait to get a look at the natural or movie modes. I just went back to my Vivid from the One X and while the screen was nice I simply can't support the direction that HTC is trying to take android regarding multitasking. Hopefully Samsung will have more memory available after boot and allow me to leave YouTube or the browser and not have them reload when I return a few seconds later

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site

just check this video here... it's from one guy who did a few videos on xda already having the phone in romania

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wRaFSDIPo[/YT]

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I owned an S2. It's not even close. I have seen a gnex outside. Not that great.

Also compared to an iphone 4S the One X puts it to shame.

One review said that, but the rest rate the One X screen better. Alex Dobie even said as much on google+. He's seen them both side by side.

Lol @ that shameful retina display....ha ha

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

I now have S-voice on my one x, a tiny USB dongle+64 gig stick in my right pocket, and an external USB battery in my briefcase. Victory.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

He said while carrying extra gear around so his phone can function like a real phone. :p

Well, supposedly you guys are all excited to carry an extra battery, so that's pretty much the same, and I always carry a flash drive anyway, and I only need it with my phone when I'm on a plane and don't have access to cloud storage, so I fail to see the big difference, perhaps you can enlighten me good sir.

Chura4u

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I wonder why they keep pushing iPhone 4S in those comparisons, its so outdated compared to this two beasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781