CNET UK is stating the LTE version of the S3 will not come out until December. Has anyone else heard this? Is this true????

"The HSPA version of the S3 is going to be available in Europe first towards the end of May, then in the other countries that use the GSM standard. An LTE version for the US will follow, but not until December. Sorry America!"

Samsung Galaxy S3 tested in hands-on video | CNET UK
    05-03-2012 09:53 PM
    Nope. Stop spreading rumors. Samsung tweeted and announced Summer around the olympics.
    05-03-2012 09:59 PM
    I heard summer, which would be August at the latest.
    05-03-2012 09:59 PM
    It's all speculation and rumor at this point, Samsung has not said yet!
    05-03-2012 10:00 PM
    Samsung has explicitely stated USA-June.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...eading-us-june

That could be the launch date, but judging by the SGS3 launch in Europe, they are wanting a quick launch-release turn around. Unless they are only releasing on T-Mobile, that means LTE.
    05-03-2012 10:33 PM
    I would love to know where cnet got december from? If the US tour is in June it shouldn't be much later until they release it. Once Samsung introduced all the versions for the Galaxy S and S2, it didn't take much longer until the phones were available.
    05-03-2012 10:47 PM
    Samsung said Summer. Besides there would be no point in releasing the S3 in America in December. The iPhone would be out then and the S3 is already somewhat beatable now, in another month or two something better will already be out.
    05-03-2012 11:00 PM
    Samsung has explicitely stated USA-June.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...eading-us-june

That could be the launch date, but judging by the SGS3 launch in Europe, they are wanting a quick launch-release turn around. Unless they are only releasing on T-Mobile, that means LTE.
    they said 3g/lte phones for USA, Korea, and one other country. will be out in summer
    05-03-2012 11:08 PM
    By december Sprint might actually have one or two LTE markets up in running, but it'd be a long shot.
    05-03-2012 11:12 PM
    Edit: someone pointed out that the speaker said, "the summer" which with his secondary English is entirely believable. I'll go watch the vid again.
    05-04-2012 09:31 PM
    Lol "summer" release.

Yeah why does this sound familiar....

Oh yeah! Motorola Droid X! Let's advertise a phone pre-sale showing off how it's the first phone to do Flash Player on a mobile device (not entirely true, but let's let the market goons have their fun eh?) and then turn around and say oh by the way we're glad you bought it, but it's shipping with Android 2.1, and needs 2.2 to use Flash. You can expect Android 2.2 update in the summer*!

*summer officially ends Sept 22nd ish. Way to release a phone smack dab in the middle of July, tell everyone it's a Flash Player ready phone, then tell them "don't worry, it's gonna update in the summer!" making people believe ok, mid to end of Aug the latest. Ahhhhhhhh crap it's mid Sept and we still haven't got the update out! Let's just rush it out the door on the VERY LAST DAY OF SUMMER just to make deadline. Fail.

Just because they say summer, doesn't mean June/July/August. If it does come out sooner than Sept, be happy. Given the Olympics, I would expect a July release, but we'll see. Too bad I refuse to buy this phone anyway. Pentile screen, no thank you.
    05-05-2012 11:22 AM
    they said 3g/lte phones for USA, Korea, and one other country. will be out in summer
    That's what I said...?
    05-05-2012 07:06 PM
    If that's true, the one other country better be Canada.
    05-05-2012 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD