05-04-2012 09:57 AM
    Holy canoli, Batman!!
    05-04-2012 10:13 AM
    OMG.... Anyone spare $849.99
    So at JC Penney's that's $850.00 right?

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk
    05-04-2012 10:16 AM
    I honestly figured it would be more than that. That's probably what it will cost off contract when it comes out. Still, $850!?!? That's a lot of coin to drop on a phone.
    05-04-2012 10:17 AM
    It says coming soon - pre order - end of May beginning of June.

i.e. If you buy it you won't get it early.
    05-04-2012 10:20 AM
    Millions of uk sellers will have it up as well in a few days
    05-04-2012 10:22 AM
    I honestly figured it would be more than that. That's probably what it will cost off contract when it comes out. Still, $850!?!? That's a lot of coin to drop on a phone.
    Yes, yes it is...although the way most of us use them these days, it is literally a laptop in your pocket. So the price is not as bad as it seems when you put it in perspective. It's the monthly fees that are killing us! But I would never spend this much on a phone, I am happy to wait to get it at the subsidized price.
    05-04-2012 10:23 AM
    Why would anyone preorder a phone when the price has not been announced, especially an android phone that won't likely sell out.
    05-04-2012 10:24 AM
    Why would anyone preorder a phone when the price has not been announced, especially an android phone that won't likely sell out.
    One of the UK carriers announced the price at 499 Pounds. Which comes out to a little over $800. So $850 on eBay sounds about right for the moment.
    05-04-2012 10:27 AM
    Yes, yes it is...although the way most of us use them these days, it is literally a laptop in your pocket. So the price is not as bad as it seems when you put it in perspective. It's the monthly fees that are killing us! But I would never spend this much on a phone, I am happy to wait to get it at the subsidized price.
    I've purchased one phone at full price, the Palm Pre. I was pigeonholed into a Instink and I had to get out of it, so I bought the Pre. Although, I talked to Sprint and explained how I was having all sorts of problems with the Instink within the 30 day trial period and they told me to wait until the updates came out, so I did. Well, it didn't fix that POS and then I was outside of my 30 day window. Sprint stepped up and credited me for the Pre purchase price! I love Sprint man, they are so good to me!!
    05-04-2012 10:28 AM
    Uk price has been announced... But it will vary around the £500 mark
    05-04-2012 10:48 AM
    Delete this post
    05-04-2012 01:55 PM
    To put it in a less friendly perspective, the unlocked One X I don't believe ever hit that high of a price, and currently runs at $610 from Expansys, and Amazon has the AT&T version for $550. However, $800/$850 doesn't look like it will be the market price. See below.

One of the UK carriers announced the price at 499 Pounds. Which comes out to a little over $800. So $850 on eBay sounds about right for the moment.
    That UK carrier is presumably including VAT. Ebay is not. Without VAT, handec is selling the SGS3 for 416.49, which works out to $673. Expansys hasn't yet given a price yet.
    05-04-2012 02:23 PM
    That UK carrier is presumably including VAT. Ebay is not. Without VAT, handec is selling the SGS3 for 416.49, which works out to $673. Expansys hasn't yet given a price yet.
    He's going to have to buy it in the UK in order to export it to the US since the US version is coming later. So I assume he'll have to pay the VAT.

Yes, I imagine it's like that UK retail price won't match the US retail price when we get the US version. But it looks like the eBay seller is probably going to buy the UK version and export it first.
    05-04-2012 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD