Galaxy S III Processors

1yanks7

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My friend has been telling me that the t-mobile version of the GS3 is going to have a 1.4 GHZ quad core, and that every other company is going to have a dual core because we all have LTE. I dont know if he is BS'ing me or what.

Thanks,
Brenden

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could be right. Not sure about the exact bands it supports, but last years SGSII on T-Mobile had the Snapdragon in it, not the Exynos. Depends on if the quad-core supports HSPA+ 42mbps.

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the most likely thing will be for all carriers in the us to use the same processors. HTC (so far) isn't rolling out a One based phone with the Tegra 3, so I'm guessing that Samsung is unlikely too as well.

Thomasdoc

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If the US versions, e.g. ATT don't have the quad core the improvement in the device seems to be more incremental than truly a leap forward. What would we be looking at, then? Bigger screen, better resolution, possibly 64GB internal storage, and what else that is worth the $$? Why, if we already have a GS2, would we not simply wait another cycle for a truly better device (e.g. in terms of processing power, power consumption, etc). Let me say it out loud, I am NOT an Apple fan, quite the opposite, but iphone 5 should have a field day.

Last edited:

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If the US versions, e.g. ATT don't have the quad core the improvement in the device seems to be more incremental than truly a leap forward. What would we be looking at, then? Bigger screen, better resolution, possibly 64GB internal storage, and what else that is worth the $$? Why, if we already have a GS2, would we not simply wait another cycle for a truly better device (e.g. in terms of processing power, power consumption, etc). Let me say it out loud, I am NOT an Apple fan, quite the opposite, but iphone 5 should have a field day.

Iphone 5 has a chance to even WIDEN its lead in the mobile department. Who would have thought that going into the year with the innovations Samsung was poised to make. Apple is probably gonna throw out the first a15 dual and pretty much eff up Android for a well.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Should be interesting. Very possible.

Is there anyone that is willing to give up LTE for a faster phone (Not necessarily switching phone services but in terms of preference)? I know that by me being with Sprint and not living in one of the cities that will most likely get LTE first (New Orleans) if it were possible I would probably get the Exynos processor instead of the S4.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not giving up LTE. Love the speeds on my skyrocket. Understand those in areas unsure of when they get LTE. I would go international if that were the case.

Thomasdoc

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. You need as much download speed as possible to have a decent use out of your phone since many apps depend on that. If you are a frequent traveler, you live and die by your phone. But, if the US GS3 is not head and shoulders above the GS2, why bother. BTW, I am starting to follow the windows 8 phone story line. If they come out with a really good phone in the fall I like the cross-platform possibilities (windows 8 phone - tablet - laptop - PC). There is opportunity there.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I am starting to follow the windows 8 phone story line. If they come out with a really good phone in the fall I like the cross-platform possibilities (windows 8 phone - tablet - laptop - PC). There is opportunity there.

Forgot Xbox and Zune. I thought about this for the longest. But iDevices are being compatible with everything we use from tvs, cars, appliances, etc. And Android devices are almost there. Chrome OS is getting better lol. Especially Samsung ( Samsung WiFi Washer and Dryer hands-on (video) -- Engadget )

I do like the possibility of Windows 8 being on all my devices. It could make windows a strong competitor. But at the end of the day iPhone is cross-platform with more than just other computer related devices. Its integrated in homes and everywhere else. Android is on the way to being there as well. And to me integrated everywhere seems better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37