I have a question. Dose the samsung galaxy s3 have a quad core gpu or the same gpu which is a mail-400mp. Im puzzled because on youtube the represenitive showing of the phone was saying it had a quad core GPU which I think its bulls***ht. Heres the video tell me what you think

venom1561
    05-05-2012 03:32 PM
    The international version seems to have an upgraded Mali 400. I don't know how many cores it has, or if that is even the right terminology. I'm guessing it doesn't have multiple physical gpus since I haven't heard about SLI or anything like that.
    05-05-2012 03:54 PM
    Yes the mali 400 is quad core... so is the s2... but new one is just clocked higher
    05-05-2012 05:19 PM
    Yes the mali 400 is quad core... so is the s2... but new one is just clocked higher
    The s2 is not quad core you must be remedial
    05-06-2012 02:14 AM
    Funny lol

venom1561
    05-06-2012 02:39 AM
    Im talkin about the graphics..which is the mali 400..
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_(GPU)
    05-06-2012 12:30 PM
    First of all there is no reason to insult people on here, especially if you don't know what you're talking about yourself.

The Exynos 4410 itself is a dual core unit running on two ARM 9 cores. The Mali 400 is the GPU that's also part of the SOC. There is only ONE Mali 400, but it is a quad core unit.

From the ARM website:

"Scalable from 1 to 4 cores the Mali-400 MP enables a wide range of different use cases, from mobile user interfaces up to smartbooks, HDTV & mobile gaming, to be addressed with a single IP. One single driver stack for all multi-core configurations simplifies application porting, system integration and maintenance. Multi-core scheduling and performance scaling is fully handled within the graphics system, with no special considerations required from the application developer"

And here is the link to the site so you can do some research before you call someone else "remedial".
    05-07-2012 10:07 AM
    First of all there is no reason to insult people on here, especially if you don't know what you're talking about yourself.

The Exynos 4410 itself is a dual core unit running on two ARM 9 cores. The Mali 400 is the GPU that's also part of the SOC. There is only ONE Mali 400, but it is a quad core unit.

From the ARM website:

"Scalable from 1 to 4 cores the Mali-400 MP enables a wide range of different use cases, from mobile user interfaces up to smartbooks, HDTV & mobile gaming, to be addressed with a single IP. One single driver stack for all multi-core configurations simplifies application porting, system integration and maintenance. Multi-core scheduling and performance scaling is fully handled within the graphics system, with no special considerations required from the application developer"

And here is the link to the site so you can do some research before you call someone else "remedial".
    Thanks...just dont understand why people cant do a quick search before chatting sh1t on here
    05-07-2012 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD