May 3rd has passed. What is your next move?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait for the SGS3 reviews. I may get the SGS3, the One X, or even wait for a possible Note 2. Depends how my Captivate survives.

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with my galaxy nexus. Said it before and i'll say it again, if it have touchwiz on it, i'm not interested.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will definitely be getting it. I could also get the Evo 4G LTE, but I just like the looks of the GS3 better. Performance wise they will be pretty much the same, but I prefer the sleek looks and TW over Sense. I appreciate the modifications Sprint made to the Evo, but I am hoping that they will leave the GS3 as is....maybe minus the physical button and going for the new standard capacitive button arrangement that's on the Evo and One X. I had the Evo 4G and 3d before the GS2, and the GS2 just made me a believer. I am anxious to see the overall performance of the GS3 with the S4 processor in it....unless someone surprises us with the magic numbers.... 5250. Doubtful, but one can dream!

Sedrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Not True - 10 GB available for data (music, etc) is just not enough. And I don't understand why if carriers (remember this is an ATT decision - international version has 32 GB (26 available)) want to have fixed memory they don't give additional options like Apple (16, 32, 64) or now the SGIII (16,32, 64) in addition to micro SD expansion. In this day and age you shouldn't have to micro manage your storage.
+1. The only reason I'm not jumping to the One X is I'd have to dump 2/3s of my music collection that I have on the 32gig iPhone. I'm not interested in spending my evenings 'managing' my music collection.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the off contract price, I may sell my skyrocket and pick up the SGSIII to back up my Galaxy Note or vice versa depending on when the GNote get ICS from AT&T.

Although the One X looks nice, I will stick with Samsung since I have had several and I actually like touch wiz fine.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Its going to be between the Verizon sgs3 and the Verizon one x. I will have to wait and compare them both, hopefully they both will be at ctia.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its going to be between the Verizon sgs3 and the Verizon one x. I will have to wait and compare them both, hopefully they both will be at ctia.

The GS3 on Verizon showing up at CTIA, which starts tomorrow, is very very unlikely. Samsung always makes a special event showing the different versions for the different carriers at the same time. They already announced a USA tour for June, so, don't expect to see the GS3 there. The biggest news out of CTIA in regard to Verizon so far is the introduction of the Droid Incredible 4G LTE, doubt very much to see a One X for Verizon since it's an AT&T exclusive phone, they might have something based on the One X without being the One X, like the Evo 4G LTE on Sprint.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 on Verizon showing up at CTIA, which starts tomorrow, is very very unlikely. Samsung always makes a special event showing the different versions for the different carriers at the same time. They already announced a USA tour for June, so, don't expect to see the GS3 there. The biggest news out of CTIA in regard to Verizon so far is the introduction of the Droid Incredible 4G LTE, doubt very much to see a One X for Verizon since it's an AT&T exclusive phone, they might have something based on the One X without being the One X, like the Evo 4G LTE on Sprint.

Not too sure about the June thing myself. They were not clear on June being the tour or release. Different sites are quoting June as the release window, but the presser seemed really ambiguous. Anybody seen confirmation either way??

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not too sure about the June thing myself. They were not clear on June being the tour or release. Different sites are quoting June as the release window, but the presser seemed really ambiguous. Anybody seen confirmation either way??

I am going to guess here and equate the June USA tour with the unveil at London. Between the unveil and the european release is about 3.5 weeks. So I am going to say we might see the phone available by the end of June if the tour is in the beginning of June, otherwise, end of July.....ugh....waiting....not fun!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Im planning on calling Sprint, I'm eligible for an upgrade now and I really need a phone. So I would like to have the E4GLTE until the GS3 comes out 2-4 weeks after. The return policy for Sprint is 14 days so Im going to call and see if when the GS3 comes out they'll let me switch to that without any fees.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Im planning on calling Sprint, I'm eligible for an upgrade now and I really need a phone. So I would like to have the E4GLTE until the GS3 comes out 2-4 weeks after. The return policy for Sprint is 14 days so Im going to call and see if when the GS3 comes out they'll let me switch to that without any fees.

Hm...they are not as lenient as they used to be. Especially on two brand new flagship phones. If you can hold out until the GS3 is out would be much better.

Reactions: Tkbredx

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hm...they are not as lenient as they used to be. Especially on two brand new flagship phones. If you can hold out until the GS3 is out would be much better.

Figured that, hopefully they'll be nice to me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping this comes to Verizon. I'm eligible for an upgrade this weekend but I'm ok waiting until this summer until we find out for sure about this phone. My Fascinate is rocking a buttery sooth ICS install so I'm not in a rush

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I would get a Skyrocket if you need a phone now. One of the reasons why people are disappointed with the S3 is because it s only marginally better than the S2, which means a lot of S2 owners like me don't have any incentive to upgrade. The 4.5" on the skyrocket is already quite big and the 4.8" might go past the limit. The 720p is nice but it depends on the person if they can appreciate the 300+ dpi. Many can't see the difference, especially when holding the phone further back. Even on a 720p screen, you'll still need to pinch to zoom text on webpages. The camera, build quality, and even perceived speed aren't that different. The jump from dual to quad core is less significant than from single to dual, almost imperceptible in many cases. It depends on how optimized the software is, and most definitely ain't optimized. You can also find better deals on the skyrocket since it is an older model. Then again, a lot of people come here because they want the newest, fastest, and greatest for the bragging rights and ego, regardless of what they may consciously believe. :p

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still planning to try out the One X for 30 days while waiting for the SIII.

I planned to order one yesterday but between Amazon being backordered and the rather significant bugs (wifi mostly) I'm in a holding pattern here.

It sucks because I want to start my Android experience but it's a waiting game! Add to the fact that I'm concerned that I'd rather have a new Nexus or Note than the SIII...but that means waiting even longer. I guess I can always sell the SIII if something better comes out!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I would get a Skyrocket if you need a phone now. One of the reasons why people are disappointed with the S3 is because it s only marginally better than the S2, which means a lot of S2 owners like me don't have any incentive to upgrade. The 4.5" on the skyrocket is already quite big and the 4.8" might go past the limit. The 720p is nice but it depends on the person if they can appreciate the 300+ dpi. Many can't see the difference, especially when holding the phone further back. Even on a 720p screen, you'll still need to pinch to zoom text on webpages. The camera, build quality, and even perceived speed aren't that different. The jump from dual to quad core is less significant than from single to dual, almost imperceptible in many cases. It depends on how optimized the software is, and most definitely ain't optimized. You can also find better deals on the skyrocket since it is an older model. Then again, a lot of people come here because they want the newest, fastest, and greatest for the bragging rights and ego, regardless of what they may consciously believe. :p

This is just exactly how I feel towards GSIII. I love my Skyrocket (the design imo much better than GIII) and I see no reason to rush and preorder GIII with it's just slightly bumped up specs. We also have to keep in mind that when it finally reaches USA it won't have Exynos processor and most likely will be replaced with the same qualcomm LTE chip as in Skyrocket. So to me this phone is an insignificant upgrade... I might get this phone though probably later this year when I'm due for a line upgrade but I'll have to see hOw the ATT version will look like first and if nothing interesting will come out by that time. The fact that it doesn't have Samoled plus is also kinda disappointing

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is just exactly how I feel towards GSIII. I love my Skyrocket (the design imo much better than GIII) and I see no reason to rush and preorder GIII with it's just slightly bumped up specs. We also have to keep in mind that when it finally reaches USA it won't have Exynos processor and most likely will be replaced with the same qualcomm LTE chip as in Skyrocket. So to me this phone is an insignificant upgrade... I might get this phone though probably later this year when I'm due for a line upgrade but I'll have to see hOw the ATT version will look like first and if nothing interesting will come out by that time. The fact that it doesn't have Samoled plus is also kinda disappointing

The Snapdragon SoC in the Skyrocket is third generation (S3).

The Snapdragon SoC that will probably be in the Galaxy SIII is fourth generation (S4). This is the same SoC in the HTC One XL (USA Variant).

You can see a good comparison here (MSM8960 = S4, MSM8660 = S3 (reference devices)):
AnandTech - Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Performance Preview - 1.5 GHz MSM8960 MDP and Adreno 225 Benchmarks

Reactions: dalvik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton