May 3rd has passed. What is your next move?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The Snapdragon SoC in the Skyrocket is third generation (S3).

The Snapdragon SoC that will probably be in the Galaxy SIII is fourth generation (S4). This is the same SoC in the HTC One XL (USA Variant).

You can see a good comparison here (MSM8960 = S4, MSM8660 = S3 (reference devices)):
AnandTech - Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Performance Preview - 1.5 GHz MSM8960 MDP and Adreno 225 Benchmarks
Thanks for the link. I must have missed something, I'm positive this Snapdragon S4 will be in GSIII. Hopefully by the end of this year we will see this phone in the US. I might pick it up then.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't matter, my upgrade isn't coming around until June. HMM how convenient that's the rumored month for the GS3 LTE version. WOOT! My Galaxy S is still going strong now running Team Hacksung ICS, its buttery smooth even with 370MB of RAM and a 1GHz single-core.

Sounds good. Personally I got sick of VZW's "walled garden" where updates for the G-Nex get stalled in the approval process and every phone you buy loses half it's value due to being a proprietary piece of Verizon hardware. (I'm looking at you Nexus).

So I got an international Note and signed up for Straight talk Unlimited. It's been so reliable and fast. Also I can have any unlocked device I want and the resale on them is way better than VZW's phones. Now to try out the Team Hacksung CM9 for Note...

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I must have missed something, I'm positive this Snapdragon S4 will be in GSIII. Hopefully by the end of this year we will see this phone in the US. I might pick it up then.

It's almost certainly going to be the S4...though a small hopelessly optimistic part of me is hoping for the S4 Pro (same processor, much better GPU).

Hopefully by next month, you mean!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I find both the new Evo LTE on Sprint and the GSIII tempting options but I currently have a GSII Epic 4G Touch and a year left on my contract. Im thinking I'll just wait it out and see what the next Nexus is or the next Galaxy Note. I want that S-Pen like you wouldn't believe.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It's almost certainly going to be the S4...though a small hopelessly optimistic part of me is hoping for the S4 Pro (same processor, much better GPU).

Hopefully by next month, you mean!
Yes hopefully by next month:) However I'll be able to upgrade my line sometime by the end of this year :)

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping this comes to Verizon. I'm eligible for an upgrade this weekend but I'm ok waiting until this summer until we find out for sure about this phone. My Fascinate is rocking a buttery sooth ICS install so I'm not in a rush

ICS is great on our phones, isn't it? Are you running Hacksung (CM9), AOKP, or something else?

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the 32GB One X, and I don't use it for music storage. I don't know why so many of you aren't using Google Music, and using internal storage for the times when you don't have a reliable connection. 10GB of storage is no reason to pass up the One X. In such an advanced forum as this, I can't believe how many people complain about local storage. It's mind-boggling. I still haven't loaded any music onto my device.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32GB One X, and I don't use it for music storage. I don't know why so many of you aren't using Google Music, and using internal storage for the times when you don't have a reliable connection. 10GB of storage is no reason to pass up the One X. In such an advanced forum as this, I can't believe how many people complain about local storage. It's mind-boggling. I still haven't loaded any music onto my device.

You must have that cheap and truly unlimited data plan that works in airplanes and areas with bad reception/no wifi. Congratulations!

And no, 10GB does not hold all of my music nor even my smaller, limited, version that I currently keep on my phone. Then there are the videos I have on my phone, the local storage I keep there to prevent the need to carry a flash drive, etc.

Do I REQUIRE all of that on my phone at all times? No, of course not. Is it something I've grown accustomed to having and would prefer to have on my expensive, top of the line, flagship phone for the next 2 years? Damn straight.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that since Im getting a part time job during the summer and planning on getting myself a phone and a tablet, if the S3 isn't available on AT&T before grad school starts up again I will be getting a Skyrocket/Galaxy Nexus instead. So Samsun has until August to give me my phone.

In your guy's opinion is that a decent alternative? I really want the S3 but I can only have so much patience.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that since Im getting a part time job during the summer and planning on getting myself a phone and a tablet, if the S3 isn't available on AT&T before grad school starts up again I will be getting a Skyrocket/Galaxy Nexus instead. So Samsun has until August to give me my phone.

In your guy's opinion is that a decent alternative? I really want the S3 but I can only have so much patience.

Skyrocket is a good phone, and if you can handle the size, the Note would be awesome. Samsung said USA in June though, so you'll be set with the GS3 I assume.