All the hatred towards the GS3 is ridiculous

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen so many blogs and forums have people whining and angry at Samsung for this phone, and it makes no sense (pun not intended).

This is why -

- if the tech was ready, Samsung would've included SAMOLED+. Do you think they didn't want to? It would be a huge feature.

- It will have a better (Exonys) or same (S4) cpu than the best phone out now (One X). And the gpu is the best right now.

- You may call TW ugly (personal opinion) but it has a lot more features than Sense 4. Use a custom launcher and enjoy all the TW features.

- If you want, the plastic back cover can be replaced with a $2 one from ebay which will come in all kinds of materials

- It takes better video and the quality of photos is not yet known, but does have a newer sensor.

- Samsung makes the only phones that are easy to root (HTC dev unlock is total bs, Moto has locked bootloaders). This phone will be officially supported by CM9. It will be extremely well supported by devs

People are acting as if Samsung deliberately held back features (hint, they aren't Apple). They did the best they could and I will be getting this phone when it comes to the US.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Kind of true in a way, i can't say if the SG3 is good or not because i have not actually held one
in my hand and messed with it. I guess those dogging it can give an accurate review of it
even though they have never held one in their hands either.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Most of the noise is coming from people who have zero hands-on experience with the device. You can't judge a phone as a failure by looking at a couple dozen jpegs on the Internet. Let's wait until people have used this for a week or two (when the full reviews start appearing)

Last edited:

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I think the international version looks like a beast. The lack of amoled+ was a serious letdown, but the rest of the phone is on par or better than everything else out there. I'm not sure what people were expecting...

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Blame the hype of dreaming rumor artist. That said Samsung would be hard pressed to come up with a more uninspired physical design

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say the phone is a failure, as it will probably sell millions worldwide. Will I buy one, though? No.

To me, a dual-core A15 is better than a quad-core A9. And for me PenTile is a deal-breaker and will always remain so. Personal preference? Absolutely! That's what make choice so important.

Am I saying people shouldn't buy it? Not at all. Buy what works best for you, and I'll do the same.

What I really want though is a DROID RAZR Maxx with a Qualcomm S4 chipset and a true RGB HD screen. Until I can get something like that, I'll stick with my LG Spectrum.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
People who hate on the Galaxy S 3 are either Apple fans or use an HTC Device lol ok seriously though, I see nothing wrong with the phone's design and it isnt what it looks like that matters, its what it does that matters.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
People who hate on the Galaxy S 3 are either Apple fans or use an HTC Device lol ok seriously though, I see nothing wrong with the phone's design and it isnt what it looks like that matters, its what it does that matters.

Yes, hit nail on head. Went today to see the One x for myself. Nice looking phone, but still not buying myself. Want to replace my Skyrocket and probably with SGSIII.

Might wait until I can see a demo unit for myself. Absolutely nothing better than first hand experience when considering $200 or more for a purchase.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the design and plan on getting this if It comes to Verizon relatively soon

Sent from my BAMF! Rezound via Tapatalk 2

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There was a really good series of pictures of the S3 alongside the Galaxy Nexus on one of the blogs (think it was engadget but don't sue me if I am wrong ;)). It is pretty clear that Samsung have followed and developed from this perspective, without the curved screen. The synergies between the two designs are pretty clear. I seem to remember the Nexus being hailed as a wonderful design at launch.

I personally don't like shiny plastic but I have the feeling that these are similar to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 backs which actually feel pretty good in the hand. Worst case scenario, someone makes a profit selling me a soft touch plastic rear cover for ?3, if I really can't get along with the supplied one. I like the phone and will likely be getting it as soon as. TouchWiz may find itself behind a launcher and later rooted out of existence if I should so feel the need but isn't that the joy of having choices.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I think the new shape is ugly but I'm super excited about everything else it has to offer. I really wish they wouldn't have made it look like a big, white nexus. I don't understand why everyone gives touchwiz such a hard time. I think it's brilliant myself.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not that the SGS3 is a bad phone (it's great actually). It's just that since it was a Galaxy phone, I was expecting it to have new technology that wasn't presented in previous android phones. That's what they did with SGS2 and SGS. Those two phones were both bleeding edge pieces of technology.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not that the SGS3 is a bad phone (it's great actually). It's just that since it was a Galaxy phone, I was expecting it to have new technology that wasn't presented in previous android phones. That's what they did with SGS2 and SGS. Those two phones were both bleeding edge pieces of technology.

They did what they could I think. The new Exonys is a great cpu, the display tech just isn't ready, and you have to realize Samsung has to design their phones so Apple doesn't sue them for some nonsense reasons yet again.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The question is....do we need more processing power RIGHT NOW? Is there any app out there that won't run on current gen phones? Did the UI look fast and fluid to you on the GS3 when you watched the videos?

In the day of the Galaxy S we had the Snapdragon with it's slow poke Adreno futzing about on a loaded down with Sense struggeling Evo, we all thought it was blazing fast back then until Mr. Hummingbird joined the party. The screen was a revelation and the GPU and TW were significantly smoother than all Evo class devices. Then comes to GS2, it again made everything else seem slow, especially the Evo 3d, the Sensation and the Photon. The current crop of phones all have a pretty fast UI, I played with a Razr the other day and it was ok, my GS2 still seemed faster, and we watched the GS3 rip through it's UI at blazing speeds. In a way, history repeated itself, we just didn't get hardware that was announced but not quite yet ready for the mass market. I just hope the S4 chip in the US version will not let the phone down. Playing with an S3 powered Galaxy Note the other day, I was pretty disappointed by the rather choppy screen to screen transitions.

Last edited:

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The question is....do we need more processing power RIGHT NOW? Is there any app out there that won't run on current gen phones? Did the UI look fast and fluid to you on the GS3 when you watched the videos?

In the day of the Galaxy S we had the Snapdragon with it's slow poke Adreno futzing about on a loaded down with Sense struggeling Evo, we all thought it was blazing fast back then until Mr. Hummingbird joined the party. The screen was a revelation and the GPU and TW were significantly smoother than all Evo class devices. Then comes to GS2, it again made everything else seem slow, especially the Evo 3d, the Sensation and the Photon. The current crop of phones all have a pretty fast UI, I played with a Razr the other day and it was ok, my GS2 still seemed faster, and we watched the GS3 rip through it's UI at blazing speeds. In a way, history repeated itself, we just didn't get hardware that was announced but not quite yet ready for the mass market. I just hope the S4 chip in the US version will let the phone down. Playing with an S3 powered Galaxy Note the other day, I was pretty disappointed by the rather choppy screen to screen transitions.

You think the S3 powered note was bad? Try turning on a live wall paper. The thing straight up stops and freezes.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You think the S3 powered note was bad? Try turning on a live wall paper. The thing straight up stops and freezes.

It had a live wallpaper on and a bunch of widgets. We took the widgets off and used a static wallpaper...didn't seem to get much faster.

I was pleased to see the AT&T One X running smoothly, I have similar hopes for the GS3, I wonder how it will handle the pop out video thingy...not like I will use that much other than to use it to make iPhone users cry.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Blame the hype of dreaming rumor artist. That said Samsung would be hard pressed to come up with a more uninspired physical design

100% agree. An incremental upgrade plus a huge rumor mill leads to a ton of disappointment

2 words here iSheep and Sensebugs.

Lol but I completely agree. This phone hasnt been given its fair chance.

I would classify mself as neither, yet I am disapointend in the S3. I may still get it, but I've never owned an iPhone nor a Sense phone. Good job at generalizations though.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Who is hating on the phone? The same people who hated on the Galaxy S II. There's fanboys on all sides. Get used to it. If you ignore the fringe elements that flood the tech sites, most people including the tech bloggers are still disappointed with it. Is it alright to be disappointed in a device? ABSOLUTELY! Especially when it is the successor to the best selling Android phone and a direct iPhone competitor. Do you think the phone is perfect and there's nothing wrong with it? Well, this is not a site for you then. There was plenty wrong with the original S II that the S III did not address, and there are plenty of things the competition have done better, which have absolutely nothing to do with lack of available tech. These forums are used to discuss and compare the S III to the competition, and all the opinions that go along with it, not some bubble of optimism and fanboy positivity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae