Facts vs. Rumors?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for this since I'm sure this is all covered somewhere, but I'm having a hard time sorting out what is confirmed and what's not around this. Can someone help me out to make sure I have this right?

• US Annoucement: June (confirmed)
  • US 3G Version Release: June/July (rumor)
  • US LTE Version Release: December (rumor)
  • Carriers: Nobody confirmed, but all majors rumored (?)

I am trying to decide on whether to order the EVO 4G LTE and stay with Sprint another 2 years or wait until this is released and switch to Verizon.

But if anything's been confirmed above about the release dates or anything (like the LTE has been confirmed to not come out until December), I'm not sure I want to wait that long for it.

I'm kind of committed to waiting (for now) if I'm correct on the above.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There will be no difference as far as a 3g/LTE release. The December release date for LTE was due to a heavy accent by the guy who said it. The boys at Cnet understood the man as saying "december" when he was really saying "this summer". Insert korean accent and you can see how confusion might come out of this. The GS3 can run on US 3G in the international form, it's all about getting the LTE version ready for the US bands. Not sure what version T-Mobile will be getting....they don't have LTE I think?

Verizon was the first to be rumored to get it after some sharp eyed person saw traces of it identifying itself browsing the web. The Sprint rumor was reported by The Verge coming from a person "in the know".

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ah, thanks. Didn't realize the LTE/December thing (apparently missed a follow-up story or a correction), so that helps make my life easier. If the LTE wasn't coming until December, I probably wasn't going to wait around for it.