With the recent rumored Sony leak showing a phone releasing in June/July to feature the S4 Pro, could that be the case for this phone? That's mighty impressive, as I didn't think it'd be ready by then. Thoughts?
    05-07-2012 03:39 PM
    LD,

I know you're trying to find ways to help Samsung redeem themselves from this debacle. However, I think your friend was wrong and nobody west of the Atlantic is happy with this phone. S4 Pro would certainly go some ways in mending things but the Exynos 4 Quad really is a bare minimum for this phone to be worth an upgrade.
    05-07-2012 04:26 PM
    That would be great if they'd manage to sneak that thing in before setting it lose here to fight the S4 powered One x and Evo 4G LTE. Will it happen? I doubt it.
    05-07-2012 04:29 PM
    I doubt it considering it seems like it will be out sooner than later. All of the carrier's in Canada have announced they will have it in time for summer. So if we use the technical start of summer being what June 20th this year we should see the North American versions specs in the next week or so.
    05-07-2012 04:42 PM
    Never heard of the S4 Pro... How does it stack up against the Exynos processor in the international version. And is S4 compatible with LTE?
    05-07-2012 05:51 PM
    I would be willing to wait a month or two for an upgraded processor in the SGSIII. It would definitely sell better.
    05-07-2012 06:30 PM
    Never heard of the S4 Pro... How does it stack up against the Exynos processor in the international version. And is S4 compatible with LTE?
    It's the same as the S4 but instead of an Adreno 225 GPU it has either an Adreno 305 or 325 which is supposed to be 4 times faster than the 225 if memory serves me correct. Basically, it eliminates the current weak part of the S4 and should really boost a lot of the graphics benchmarks.
    Tkbredx likes this.
    05-07-2012 09:44 PM
    I would be willing to wait a month or two for an upgraded processor in the SGSIII. It would definitely sell better.
    Only as far as the general consumer goes, people that buy phones because they look cute but have no idea what a Snapdragon, Exynos, Arm9 or Arm15 is. Us technically blessed people would definitely be willing to wait though if it's only a month or two. :-)
    05-07-2012 09:46 PM
    It would be perfect timing to have an upgraded US version of the S3 with S4 Pro. As long as the carriers don't remove features like NFC which they've done before.
    05-07-2012 10:42 PM
    It would be perfect timing to have an upgraded US version of the S3 with S4 Pro. As long as the carriers don't remove features like NFC which they've done before.
    You know Sprint won't, they are the first ones with that Ewallet thing or whatever they call it, so you know NFC is staying in their version.
    05-07-2012 10:52 PM
    It's the same as the S4 but instead of an Adreno 225 GPU it has either an Adreno 305 or 325 which is supposed to be 4 times faster than the 225 if memory serves me correct. Basically, it eliminates the current weak part of the S4 and should really boost a lot of the graphics benchmarks.
    Oh, thanks, seems nice. Would definitely give the GS3 the one boost that it really needs to put it over the One Series, iPhones, and other top notch devices in the US. As much as I would like to wait I dont think I could lol. I've been waiting too long. Using this outdated, broken down, piece of *inserts thousands of curse-words* Palm Pre sucks. Omg I hate this thing.
    05-07-2012 10:54 PM
    Oh, thanks, seems nice. Would definitely give the GS3 the one boost that it really needs to put it over the One Series, iPhones, and other top notch devices in the US. As much as I would like to wait I dont think I could lol. I've been waiting too long. Using this outdated, broken down, piece of *inserts thousands of curse-words* Palm Pre sucks. Omg I hate this thing.
    OMG...you have Pre still? Is it at least a Pre Plus? Not that it makes a huge difference! Too many cards!!! LOL... you must be the most patient person in the world! Talk about an upgrade where you can feel the difference....wow...just wow....
    05-07-2012 10:57 PM
    OMG...you have Pre still? Is it at least a Pre Plus? Not that it makes a huge difference! Too many cards!!! LOL... you must be the most patient person in the world! Talk about an upgrade where you can feel the difference....wow...just wow....
    Nope, lol, Palm Pre. No plus, no 2, no 3. The original. Haha. I hate that too many cards thing, I still get it to this very moment. I'm on my 5th Pre from insurance. So many hardware malfunctions. It just keeps breaking, the power button is gone and my earpiece doesn't work so I don't call people. Every time I was going to get a new phone it seemed like a better one was coming out so I was stuck running around in circles chasing a new device. I wanted the Epic 4G for Sprint but we got it so late I figured I could go one more inning with my Pre and wait for the iPhone 4S. Then I said no, I rather android. So here I am dying, ready to get my GS3.
    05-07-2012 11:12 PM
    Holy hell man. I remember my Pre! Homebrew'd to hell and back. It was honestly still chugging along pretty well until about a year ago - then the touchscreen just died on me. I was pretty bummed when I had to move to Android at first (EVO for a month then EVO 3D), but I've really grown to love it since then. Sucks that the OS never got the attention it truly deserved, on both the software and hardware side.
    Tkbredx likes this.
    05-08-2012 12:03 AM
    Holy hell man. I remember my Pre! Homebrew'd to hell and back. It was honestly still chugging along pretty well until about a year ago - then the touchscreen just died on me. I was pretty bummed when I had to move to Android at first (EVO for a month then EVO 3D), but I've really grown to love it since then. Sucks that the OS never got the attention it truly deserved, on both the software and hardware side.
    You could say that again, it had endless possibilities. Apple, Microsoft, and Google really passed up on something amazing. Its the Microsoft Courier of operating systems. Just imagine WebOS cards, notfications, gestures, and just type on Android. *gets teary eyed* If they had that + TW new features I'd be willing to do anything to get my hands on a GS3
    05-08-2012 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD