This is what I wanted from the GS3...Sony killed it

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
None of these things are better than the GS3 other than a 13MP camera and we all need those right? *rolls eyes* I read somewhere that after you get to like 8 megapixels on phone cameras it doesnt even really matter. The lens is the determining factor for the quality. (I could be more than wrong, I barely remember) But still. The software sucks, the phones not sexy, and the screen is smaller.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
None of these things are better than the GS3 other than a 13MP camera and we all need those right? *rolls eyes* I read somewhere that after you get to like 8 megapixels on phone cameras it doesnt even really matter. The lens is the determining factor for the quality. (I could be more than wrong, I barely remember) But still. The software sucks, the phones not sexy, and the screen is smaller.

Yeah, it's much more about optics...I'd rather have an 8MP camera with good optics than a 13MP camera with average or poor optics.

They still shout about mexapixels though, because the general public still thinks more MP = better camera.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's much more about optics...I'd rather have an 8MP camera with good optics than a 13MP camera with average or poor optics.

They still shout about mexapixels though, because the general public still thinks more MP = better camera.

And don't forget the added "benefit" of huge file sizes with a resolution that high. I get a kick out of people that take 12 mp pictures and then complain that they can only see 1/8 of the picture on their computer, or wonder why they can't email more than 1 picture at a time.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For some people, but not for me and a few million other people that bought various versions of the gs2 and note.

You want to know something funny? I was on the market just a few weeks/months ago for a tablet so I could use it for my class e-textbooks/pdfs. Reason being whenever I read the pdf's on my 4" Epic 4G screen, after 2 or 3 pages, when I look away my vision is blurry as hell and get a mild headache. The screen is too small and I'm straining my eyesight with the small text on the small screen. So this Galaxy note or GS3 is PERFECT with screen size, for me! I also enjoy watching movies on my Epic 4G so it will just be better with a BIGGER screen!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You want to know something funny? I was on the market just a few weeks/months ago for a tablet so I could use it for my class e-textbooks/pdfs. Reason being whenever I read the pdf's on my 4" Epic 4G screen, after 2 or 3 pages, when I look away my vision is blurry as hell and get a mild headache. The screen is too small and I'm straining my eyesight with the small text on the small screen. So this Galaxy note or GS3 is PERFECT with screen size, for me! I also enjoy watching movies on my Epic 4G so it will just be better with a BIGGER screen!

Yep, I am sure you'll love it. I went from the HTC Touch (2.8") to the Palm Pre (3.1") to the Evo 4G (4.3" 480 x800) to the Evo 3d (longer screen, still 4.3 though qhd) to the Epic 4G Touch, so I am not about to go for a smaller screen.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

That was a point that I was trying to make at a different thread where I had the same complaint, headaches after reading comics and everything. People thought I was crazy.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That was a point that I was trying to make at a different thread where I had the same complaint, headaches after reading comics and everything. People thought I was crazy.

Love the Marvel app!!

You have no idea how much I have to read AND how happy I am that I don't have to carry HUGE textbooks around in my backpack. Thats why I love E-textbooks/pdf's because I can read/study on the go wherever/whenever I want because my phone is embedded on me, lol! These bigger screens on these phones are just what I need, can't say enough about it!! YES, there is a need for bigger screens!!

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sensors make a difference, but the lens plays a bigger difference. Sony makes the sensor for Nikon dslrs so might be very good.

sent from one of my 4 gold leafed iphone 4s's

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol