Rogers [+USA?] Galaxy SIII could feature new Exynos chip and LTE

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/ad-ba...y-s-iii-could-feature-new-exynos-chip-and-lte

Well then, what have we here? A Google ad for the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S III, which seems to indicate it'll carry Sammy's new Exynos 4 chip, in addition to 4G LTE connectivity? The screenshot above was sent our way by AC reader mhsobhani, who says it popped up while he was searching around for info on the Galaxy S III. It's significant because we've been hearing over the past few weeks that the North American LTE version would ship with a Snapdragon S4 chip instead of Samsung's new Exynos 4 Quad, on account of radio issues.

Of course an ad banner is hardly conclusive, but if this turns out to be accurate, it could be good news for a possible AT&T Galaxy S III, as Rogers operates on the same HSPA and LTE bands as that network. Though it's worth clarifying that even if this does turn out to be the case, it's still possible that other U.S. Galaxy S III's could end up with the S4, particularly if they operate on CDMA and LTE.

In any case, the exact details of the North American Galaxy S III models remain uncertain, and much of this is still speculative. We'll keep you posted if any further details come our way.

Thanks Alex Dobie - now let's speculate further...

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rogers [+USA?] Galaxy SIII could feature new Exynos chip and

It's probably not the Exynos 4 but rather the Exynos 5 Dual. If this is true, Samsung just won my heart back. Heck, I would even go along with an Exynos 4 with LTE

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Fingers crossed ATT gets it this way. I know the ad could be wrong, but I would be happy with the 5 dual. Getting it either way, but maybe I wouldn't need to upgrade as soon.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Interesting to say the least, more so that Rogers is advertising for this phone already tells me the release is going to be sooner than later.

I sent an email to my Rogers rep who deals with our company just to see if he has any more information...I know they typically do not but it's worth a shot

soap

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Throw in a Mali-604 and a SAMOLED HD+ screen and we've got a winner

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

That's great news. My contract is up in September with Rogers. I can see a renegotiation with Rogers for the S3 and a better deal!!! I wonder if Bell or Telus will be getting the same?

drparanoid1

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

Very excited for this phone. I'm getting it from Rogers regardless so an Exynos 5 would just be icing on the cake! Also, it could be a mistake or a slip up, it does seem possible that Rogers knows more than they are leading us to believe. They already have ads running for the S3 online. I don't think we could expect the phone any later than mid-late June in Canada. Rogers got the One X early, so why not the S3? I guess we will have to wait and see...

seeingwhite

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Don't you guys think it was more than likely a mix up from Roger's advertising department?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

OMG, if this is true... win, win, win, win, WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung said last year they were concentrating more heavily on lte products. Everyone ASSUMES the new soc will not work with lte. I don't know why they would launch one that wouldn't personally. Not that I'm right but...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Don't you guys think it was more than likely a mix up from Roger's advertising department?

Probably is, but it's nice to wish isn't it? The nice thing is that if you don't expect it and it shows, you're happy, if it doesn't show, then you're still happy because you're still getting a great phone.

seeingwhite

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Probably is, but it's nice to wish isn't it? The nice thing is that if you don't expect it and it shows, you're happy, if it doesn't show, then you're still happy because you're still getting a great phone.

Yeah. The problem for me is that stories like this get my hopes up. ;)

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Are Rogers phones easy to unlock/get unlocked? I am on AT&T, but looking to buy off contract. Rogers usually seems to put less bloat/branding on theirs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae