View Poll Results: It Sucks....Not Anymore

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • I thought GS3 sucked but now I want it.

89 30.07%
  • GS3 still sucks, give me One X.

102 34.46%
  • I am waiting for iPhone 5.

10 3.38%
  • I don't respond to stupid polls.

95 32.09%
05-17-2012 05:55 PM
42 12
tools
    I loved it from the beginning. like jorrod6 said (Folks are disappointed because they were expecting the phone developed in their imagination and instead they got the phone developed by Samsung.)

People want this or that. I will get this phone depending on when the /note 2 come out if it comes and if Sprint gets it.

I also read that we will/might be getting dual cores. As fast as they are S4, If that's what comes out, then I'll just hold on to EpicT. Maybe they can do like the rumored LG phone for Sprint and put in a separate LTE radio.

Launchers can be changed, The phone being Plasticy, hating TWZ, These are all IMO excuses and comments that people make to justify not getting any of Samsung's phones. Their phones are the best phone out their and sell the most for a reason. everyone has there Opinion but so many people that said those comments, to me anyway have yet to use the phone just basing it on what people have told them.

Like the Iphone. Its a great phone but alot of people want or have it just because someone told them its the best phone. I guess that's why marketing and advertising is so important. A lot of people believe what they hear about.
    I have to agree, no one here has actually had the chance to play with the phone and you simply cant judge a book by its cover. That being said everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so if you dont like the Galaxy S III then dont buy it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2012 06:44 AM
    I don't think it sucks but it's only underwhelming due to the fast pace of burning through hardware. No longer is it exciting to hear about "more and more" specs because there's going to be that group that's going to want more than what's offered. Also, since a good portion of the Android community love to root their devices and flash roms, these new features will be rendered useless once it's flashed so then you're left with hardware and IMO, there's better looking hardware out there.
    05-11-2012 06:47 AM
    My samsung captivate soured me to ATT+Samsung combo. Never again. Go One X.
    05-11-2012 07:35 AM
    I like the Galaxy S III for what it can do. Or at least, what people who have held the phone first-hand are saying about it.

But, really. I can only afford a second-hand Galaxy S II.

Poor me.
    05-11-2012 07:56 AM
    It still sucks and will continue to do so. Whatever good it has ruined by Glossy cheap plastic.

Sent from my EVO 3D using AC app
    05-11-2012 08:40 AM
    I wish you would have allowed for the possibility that we may have always liked the phone. In similar polls on other sites that gets about 45% of the vote.

The real issue may be that it is not the biggest and the best. The Note still holds the crown.

The Galaxy S III is a mid-size flagship phone. That is a new concept.
    05-11-2012 08:56 AM
    I kind of have the opposite reaction.

It really looked fascinating at first but the more and more I hear about it, the more and more I'm tempted to go ahead and get the Evo 4G LTE (Sprint user here).

I'm currently sitting on a Galaxy 1 Epic 4G and I'm not impressed with Samsung's support. It took us FOREVER to get Eclair, there were problems with the keyboard, and the GPS was absolute garbage. So my confidence in Samsung is not the best.

The other thing I'm concerned with is that even though Samsung has introduced a lot of neat features on the S3, I wonder what that's going to be like with future upgrades compared to other devices running the more generic Android experience. I foresee huge problems with Samsung trying to get all the features working in a newer version of Android. HTC also has a better track record with updating devices than Samsung.

Granted, the development team for the Epic 4G has been fantastic, and I'm currently rocking ICS daily with no problems. That's one thing Samsung phones have going for them, they are easy to unlock and develop on while HTC phones appear to be more difficult (even though they say they are working on it, unlocking bootloaders, etc).

Really interested to see some reviews on the G3, as Evo 4G LTE reviews should start coming in soon.
    05-11-2012 09:10 AM
    i knew the gs3 could never live up the hype, but it had to be competitive with the one x/s line and i think they did that.. i love the htc phone, but i am turned off by the non-removable battery and the non-expandable storage.. and let's be honest here, we, the normal people will never know the difference in screen technology.. all i know is that whenever i see my brother's galaxy nexus, the screen looks awesome.. as for the camera, i like both the htc and samsung cameras, so they are a wash (same for the UI).. and since i'm staying with verizon, it will really depend on how the verizon's variant of the one and the galaxy series will look.. i'm really hoping they reduce the screen size to a 4.3-4.5 range.. but back to the original poll question, i was somewhat indifferent, but the more i see the hands-on videos and compare to what's out there or might come out, the more impressed i am with the gs3.. of course in the end it will all depend on what the carriers get and that will be the true deciding factor for me..
    05-11-2012 12:21 PM
    Always liked it, always wanted it. Pretty sad that people need other people to tell them that it is a quality device. By now I would think the average cell phone geek should know quality hardware when they see it. This is the best phone made today, they don't get any better, YET. Maybe next month but not today.
    Great write up, Great job Samsung. The US Carriers better not ruin this phone.
    Vinny
    05-11-2012 12:56 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of people love the design of the gs3, including myself, and to me, the current iphone generation is the most thoughtless, emotionless, industrial, doubles as a ruler straight, uncomfortable in the hand feeling, tiny screen sporting, senseless use of glass wearing piece of crap ever designed. Sorry, I am holding back, but in a forum like this I can't really write how I feel about the iphone design. This whole cheap plastic feeling is just not true, my gs2 is sturdy and survived many drops. I don't need to have to work out to carry a phone made of Steel and glass that's sensitive to drops and has reception issues. The iphone 4 personified "Form over function" with its badly designed external antenna system. But I am beating a dead horse here, so I am just going to stop.
    I agree with the idea that everyone's idea of beautiful design is going to be different, but I didn't say it had to look like an iPhone, I just said as beautiful as one. I also didn't say the plastic felt cheap, but that it looks cheap, two different things. My GS2 feels just fine and sturdy as well, just still feels and looks like plastic. I think what HTC and Nokia are doing is great, they're changing things up a bit. Samsung's phone however are still boring looking flat front glass with uninspiring back's. The GS2 and GS3 look largely the same as the original Galaxy S phone. At least Apple made a pretty dramatic change, design wise, between the 3/3s and the 4/4s, and I'd love to see Samsung do some dramatic design changes as well. Now a days, you can have really great industrial design and killer specs in the same package.
    05-11-2012 01:11 PM
    I look at the Galaxy S III as being a slimmer Galaxy Nexus with a slightly better screen, better camera, bigger battery, nicer software features for those who like TouchWiz (me) or use a different launcher anyways (most of us), and a few physical keys that I miss having on the Nexus. I like the idea of dedicate back, menu, and home keys that are always in the same location. I dislike them moving around on the screen constantly depending on which application I'm using or the orientation of the phone. I like having more of the screen available to use rather than the on-screen buttons (a little more on-screen real-estate is always good).

Basically, the Galaxy S III is the hardware of the Galaxy Nexus I wish existed and the software I'd like to have on it.
    05-11-2012 02:07 PM
    I wonder if Austin Powers has one of these? Muaahahaha
    05-11-2012 02:32 PM
    It doesn't sound like the One X is coming to Verizon. Until they announce the GS3 there aren't many choices. Maybe Motorola will come out with a better Razr. I would buy a GN off contract if Verizon would match the Google price.
    05-11-2012 07:10 PM
    i love my S2, and i will buy the S3 cuz is a better phone, the best phone to date.
    05-11-2012 10:04 PM
    I'll admit that i was a bit disappointed with the design, but its starting to grow on me more and more, and i've already pre-ordered one. So yeah, can't wait to get my hands on it !
    05-12-2012 08:57 PM
    I kind of have the opposite reaction.

It really looked fascinating at first but the more and more I hear about it, the more and more I'm tempted to go ahead and get the Evo 4G LTE (Sprint user here).

I'm currently sitting on a Galaxy 1 Epic 4G and I'm not impressed with Samsung's support. It took us FOREVER to get Eclair, there were problems with the keyboard, and the GPS was absolute garbage. So my confidence in Samsung is not the best.

The other thing I'm concerned with is that even though Samsung has introduced a lot of neat features on the S3, I wonder what that's going to be like with future upgrades compared to other devices running the more generic Android experience. I foresee huge problems with Samsung trying to get all the features working in a newer version of Android. HTC also has a better track record with updating devices than Samsung.

Granted, the development team for the Epic 4G has been fantastic, and I'm currently rocking ICS daily with no problems. That's one thing Samsung phones have going for them, they are easy to unlock and develop on while HTC phones appear to be more difficult (even though they say they are working on it, unlocking bootloaders, etc).

Really interested to see some reviews on the G3, as Evo 4G LTE reviews should start coming in soon.
    GPS on my Fascinate was garbage too, until I put ICS on it. Now it locks almost instantly. I think it's a software problem.
    05-13-2012 09:44 AM
    I was like mehhh when I was watching the launch show of Galaxy S3 because there was nothing surprising. However, after reading several reviews, I start liking it and wanna become the first one to buy the phone. It was funny that the first choice just described me. Cant wait to see S3 to be release.
    05-17-2012 05:55 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD