It Sucks....Not Anymore

It Sucks....Not Anymore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
After reading Alex Dobie's write-up today, it got me wondering how many people initally thought the GS3 sucked but have now changed their minds. I am one of those people.

For me after watching many videos on GS3 including hands-on videos from CTIA, I've found myself wanting the phone. The smoothness of the software, and the design elements just make the device look awesome. What's everybody's opinion on this?

Last edited:

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
As someone who doesn't get to upgrade till August 1st, I plan to wait until I see real world reviews and feedback from regular users of both in the forums. So, my response is... I dont respond to stupid polls.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So far it looks like 6 or 8 people liked it from the get go.

It's interesting because on May 3rd when the the device was released I read a bunch of threads people saying they were disappointed. I must have been in the minority. Maybe I should have added to option for those who liked it from the get go. Oh...well.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting because on May 3rd when the the device was released I read a bunch of threads people saying they were disappointed. I must have been in the minority. Maybe I should have added to option for those who liked it from the get go. Oh...well.

Released is when its in your local phone store not across country.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

You can generally accept " I don't vote for stupid polls" as "I always liked it from the beginning".

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I think if you wouldve put this in the HTC One X or E4GLTE thread you wouldve gotten more people saying they change their mind. I posted a poll there saying whos getting the E4GLTE and who's getting the GS3. The galaxy loss like 20-1 last time I checked lol. I too remember defending the GS3 from all its haters though.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Where's the option of "I want a hands on, or at least detailed reviews of one first, rather than some tradeshow tests."? That seems to be the more intelligent option, than making opinions this early.

Jayshmay

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The One X isn't even an option to be considered because of it's non-removable battery. I won't be getting the SGS3 for a while though because I'm saving to move back home, I'll probably just have Amazon send it to my sisters address and get it from her when she pucks me up from the airport.
I don't have much doubt that the SGS3 will be upgraded to Jelleybean sometime early next year.

garfnodie

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Software is irrelevant to me, once a system dump is out, all the nifty software bit will get pulled out and ported over to other stuff. As for hardware, bleh. I have an E4GT and love the phone, but it's a boring looking phone, and so is the GSIII. Samsung is in a position to make a phone as beautiful as the iPhone 4S, but better with a bigger screen and running Android, but they insist on phone that look plasticy. I don't mind them being made of plastic, but they don't have to look like plastic to be made of plastic.

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I liked it from the beginning, so no option on the poll is for me. I could choose "I don't respond to stupid polls", but then I'd be lying since I'd be responding to this one (and it's as stupid as they get).

Ah, well, I lied.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am not likely to buy one as I just bought my current phone in December so that will have to last for another two years. BUT.....I like the functionality the phone is reported to have. I would love to have the Exnos(sp) processor running on Verizon LTE, but the S4 seems to be OK, but why do we always have to compromise with CDMA/LTE? Someone fix this.

I guess I am one that doesn't like the look of Sense or Touchwiz.. I don't LIKE their looks with the cartoon icons, big classless widgets, and with sense the orange and green colors, but I don't mind the additional functionality they bring. I would prefer all of this functionality but with the complete theme of Stock ICS.

Folks are disappointed because they were expecting the phone developed in their imagination and instead they got the phone developed by Samsung. Kinda like marriage---we expected THIS...... instead we got THAT... and now we have to deal with it.

If I HAD to get another phone right now... I would get this one.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Software is irrelevant to me, once a system dump is out, all the nifty software bit will get pulled out and ported over to other stuff. As for hardware, bleh. I have an E4GT and love the phone, but it's a boring looking phone, and so is the GSIII. Samsung is in a position to make a phone as beautiful as the iPhone 4S, but better with a bigger screen and running Android, but they insist on phone that look plasticy. I don't mind them being made of plastic, but they don't have to look like plastic to be made of plastic.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of people love the design of the gs3, including myself, and to me, the current iphone generation is the most thoughtless, emotionless, industrial, doubles as a ruler straight, uncomfortable in the hand feeling, tiny screen sporting, senseless use of glass wearing piece of crap ever designed. Sorry, I am holding back, but in a forum like this I can't really write how I feel about the iphone design. This whole cheap plastic feeling is just not true, my gs2 is sturdy and survived many drops. I don't need to have to work out to carry a phone made of Steel and glass that's sensitive to drops and has reception issues. The iphone 4 personified "Form over function" with its badly designed external antenna system. But I am beating a dead horse here, so I am just going to stop.

cwmacey

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's to Hoping!!!

Well I have had my GNex on Big Red since it came out. I would have to say that I am pretty happy overall. Granted I had to buy a 3800mh battery so that it would last me 24 hours, which is really the only downfall.

I was upset that Verizon didnt get the Galaxy S II. I was very excited for that. Then the GNex came out and I was like "oh well". After reading about all the buzz for the 3. I am kinda excited about all of the cool features and specs. Two things that I am concerned about though are, 1. What's the battery life going to be like? 2. I read a rumor that the Verizon version is only going to be a Dual Core Snapdragon S4. Something about the quad-core not playing friendly with LTE. I really hope thats not the case :'(

Melon Bread

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Did not care about it during all the pre-realease hype. Did not care about it when it was revealed. After the write up and further reading, I STILL do not care about this phone. Has nothing going for it that is revolutionary or worth an upgrade (Not a Wiz guy) from anything released in the last 4 months.

By the time it gets released here it will be irrelevant or we get a back ally variant (Like the SGH-T989 aka the T-Mobile Galaxy SII).

I have a upgrade in December (and maybe August), and like stated before this is not worth the time in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance