View Poll Results: It Sucks....Not Anymore

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • I thought GS3 sucked but now I want it.

89 30.07%
  • GS3 still sucks, give me One X.

102 34.46%
  • I am waiting for iPhone 5.

10 3.38%
  • I don't respond to stupid polls.

95 32.09%
05-17-2012 05:55 PM
42 12
tools
    After reading Alex Dobie's write-up today, it got me wondering how many people initally thought the GS3 sucked but have now changed their minds. I am one of those people.

For me after watching many videos on GS3 including hands-on videos from CTIA, I've found myself wanting the phone. The smoothness of the software, and the design elements just make the device look awesome. What's everybody's opinion on this?
    05-10-2012 05:44 PM
    As someone who liked this phone from the get go, my response is... I dont respond to stupid polls.
    05-10-2012 06:00 PM
    As someone who liked this phone from the get go, my response is... I dont respond to stupid polls.
    + eleventy
    Tkbredx likes this.
    05-10-2012 06:02 PM
    + eleventy
    That was expected...that's why you have the option. I am only concerned about the # of people that did not like the device before but have now had a change of heart. The other options are really irrelevant.
    05-10-2012 06:07 PM
    As someone who doesn't get to upgrade till August 1st, I plan to wait until I see real world reviews and feedback from regular users of both in the forums. So, my response is... I dont respond to stupid polls.
    05-10-2012 06:09 PM
    So far it looks like 6 or 8 people liked it from the get go.
    05-10-2012 06:21 PM
    Maybe slightly disappointed, but still plan on getting the ATT version.
    05-10-2012 06:26 PM
    So far it looks like 6 or 8 people liked it from the get go.
    It's interesting because on May 3rd when the the device was released I read a bunch of threads people saying they were disappointed. I must have been in the minority. Maybe I should have added to option for those who liked it from the get go. Oh...well.
    maxrobes2000 likes this.
    05-10-2012 06:29 PM
    It's interesting because on May 3rd when the the device was released I read a bunch of threads people saying they were disappointed. I must have been in the minority. Maybe I should have added to option for those who liked it from the get go. Oh...well.
    Released is when its in your local phone store not across country.
    05-10-2012 06:34 PM
    You can generally accept " I don't vote for stupid polls" as "I always liked it from the beginning".
    05-10-2012 06:48 PM
    I think if you wouldve put this in the HTC One X or E4GLTE thread you wouldve gotten more people saying they change their mind. I posted a poll there saying whos getting the E4GLTE and who's getting the GS3. The galaxy loss like 20-1 last time I checked lol. I too remember defending the GS3 from all its haters though.
    05-10-2012 07:03 PM
    Where's the option of "I want a hands on, or at least detailed reviews of one first, rather than some tradeshow tests."? That seems to be the more intelligent option, than making opinions this early.
    05-11-2012 12:17 AM
    The One X isn't even an option to be considered because of it's non-removable battery. I won't be getting the SGS3 for a while though because I'm saving to move back home, I'll probably just have Amazon send it to my sisters address and get it from her when she pucks me up from the airport.
    I don't have much doubt that the SGS3 will be upgraded to Jelleybean sometime early next year.
    05-11-2012 01:12 AM
    Software is irrelevant to me, once a system dump is out, all the nifty software bit will get pulled out and ported over to other stuff. As for hardware, bleh. I have an E4GT and love the phone, but it's a boring looking phone, and so is the GSIII. Samsung is in a position to make a phone as beautiful as the iPhone 4S, but better with a bigger screen and running Android, but they insist on phone that look plasticy. I don't mind them being made of plastic, but they don't have to look like plastic to be made of plastic.
    giograves likes this.
    05-11-2012 01:46 AM
    I liked it from the beginning, so no option on the poll is for me. I could choose "I don't respond to stupid polls", but then I'd be lying since I'd be responding to this one (and it's as stupid as they get).

Ah, well, I lied.
    sndplace likes this.
    05-11-2012 01:56 AM
    Well, I am not likely to buy one as I just bought my current phone in December so that will have to last for another two years. BUT.....I like the functionality the phone is reported to have. I would love to have the Exnos(sp) processor running on Verizon LTE, but the S4 seems to be OK, but why do we always have to compromise with CDMA/LTE? Someone fix this.

I guess I am one that doesn't like the look of Sense or Touchwiz.. I don't LIKE their looks with the cartoon icons, big classless widgets, and with sense the orange and green colors, but I don't mind the additional functionality they bring. I would prefer all of this functionality but with the complete theme of Stock ICS.

Folks are disappointed because they were expecting the phone developed in their imagination and instead they got the phone developed by Samsung. Kinda like marriage---we expected THIS...... instead we got THAT... and now we have to deal with it.

If I HAD to get another phone right now... I would get this one.
    05-11-2012 02:05 AM
    Software is irrelevant to me, once a system dump is out, all the nifty software bit will get pulled out and ported over to other stuff. As for hardware, bleh. I have an E4GT and love the phone, but it's a boring looking phone, and so is the GSIII. Samsung is in a position to make a phone as beautiful as the iPhone 4S, but better with a bigger screen and running Android, but they insist on phone that look plasticy. I don't mind them being made of plastic, but they don't have to look like plastic to be made of plastic.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of people love the design of the gs3, including myself, and to me, the current iphone generation is the most thoughtless, emotionless, industrial, doubles as a ruler straight, uncomfortable in the hand feeling, tiny screen sporting, senseless use of glass wearing piece of crap ever designed. Sorry, I am holding back, but in a forum like this I can't really write how I feel about the iphone design. This whole cheap plastic feeling is just not true, my gs2 is sturdy and survived many drops. I don't need to have to work out to carry a phone made of Steel and glass that's sensitive to drops and has reception issues. The iphone 4 personified "Form over function" with its badly designed external antenna system. But I am beating a dead horse here, so I am just going to stop.
    s14tat and sndplace like this.
    05-11-2012 02:09 AM
    Well I have had my GNex on Big Red since it came out. I would have to say that I am pretty happy overall. Granted I had to buy a 3800mh battery so that it would last me 24 hours, which is really the only downfall.

I was upset that Verizon didnt get the Galaxy S II. I was very excited for that. Then the GNex came out and I was like "oh well". After reading about all the buzz for the 3. I am kinda excited about all of the cool features and specs. Two things that I am concerned about though are, 1. What's the battery life going to be like? 2. I read a rumor that the Verizon version is only going to be a Dual Core Snapdragon S4. Something about the quad-core not playing friendly with LTE. I really hope thats not the case
    05-11-2012 02:27 AM
    Did not care about it during all the pre-realease hype. Did not care about it when it was revealed. After the write up and further reading, I STILL do not care about this phone. Has nothing going for it that is revolutionary or worth an upgrade (Not a Wiz guy) from anything released in the last 4 months.

By the time it gets released here it will be irrelevant or we get a back ally variant (Like the SGH-T989 aka the T-Mobile Galaxy SII).

I have a upgrade in December (and maybe August), and like stated before this is not worth the time in my book.
    05-11-2012 02:46 AM
    Preference towards TouchWiz/Sense is irrelevant because you can always d/l Go Launcher EX.
    05-11-2012 03:25 AM
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that it sucks, but my preference has always been, and remains, towards the HTC One X/Evo 4G LTE.
    20blks likes this.
    05-11-2012 03:54 AM
    Horrible choice not to allow users to choose an option that they liked the phone from the start.
    05-11-2012 05:12 AM
    Some people critisize the design, rounded corners and so on. I would much, much rather have a smartphone that looks like the Galaxy SIII than the Droid X!!!!!
    05-11-2012 05:22 AM
    I loved it from the beginning. like jorrod6 said (Folks are disappointed because they were expecting the phone developed in their imagination and instead they got the phone developed by Samsung.)

People want this or that. I will get this phone depending on when the /note 2 come out if it comes and if Sprint gets it.

I also read that we will/might be getting dual cores. As fast as they are S4, If that's what comes out, then I'll just hold on to EpicT. Maybe they can do like the rumored LG phone for Sprint and put in a separate LTE radio.

Launchers can be changed, The phone being Plasticy, hating TWZ, These are all IMO excuses and comments that people make to justify not getting any of Samsung's phones. Their phones are the best phone out their and sell the most for a reason. everyone has there Opinion but so many people that said those comments, to me anyway have yet to use the phone just basing it on what people have told them.

Like the Iphone. Its a great phone but alot of people want or have it just because someone told them its the best phone. I guess that's why marketing and advertising is so important. A lot of people believe what they hear about.
    05-11-2012 05:30 AM
    Well, there's a saying that it's even better than I imagined. This doesn't go with S3. It's worse than I'd ever imagine. But I haven't been a Samsung fan ever so not a big deal for me. New phone will be HTC One X or One S.
    05-11-2012 06:38 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD