Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X - detailed review

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
One MAJOR advantage the one-x has is you can buy it now. With the release timeframe of the gs and gsII in the us...who knows when it will get here.

I do agree from what we can gather, the gs3 is the superior phone. :)

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
One MAJOR advantage the one-x has is you can buy it now. With the release timeframe of the gs and gsII in the us...who knows when it will get here.

I do agree from what we can gather, the gs3 is the superior phone. :)

Samsung did they USA in June, but you're right, US carriers cannot be trusted!

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The One X camera is so good that it strips the leaves off trees! (Looking at you, GSM Arena)

Seriously, if he wants to do an actual camera comparison, then it needs to be the same conditions. Yes, that includes the freakin SEASON, time, weather, etc. I'm incredibly curious to see how the cams stack up, but it needs to be done right. Also, his screen section sounds garbage, completely contradicting what I've heard from people who've held them side-by-side: (One X blows it away in display). Finally, the performance comparison is moot, as I'll be looking at the US SGS3 with (most likely) an S4 processor. I can't wait to hold the SGS3 in my hand myself and compare it with my EVO 4G LTE.

Last edited:

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
According to a lot of reviewers the one x's 1800mh lasted longer than many phones with 2100mh+ batteries. And besides the screen and camera being better, the one x has a slightly faster quad core processor. It all comes down to whether or not you use a lot of storage, because if not the one x trumps the S3 in every way, particularly in not being ugly, both in body and UI.

you know that clock speed is not a true indication of speed right? The exynos at 1.2 ghz smokes the s3 snapdragon chip at 1.5 ghz. The quad core exynos as seen in the benchmarks obliterated the "faster" tegra 3 chip. The UI moves smoother based on the videos too. Even qaulcomms own s2 snapdragon at 800 MHz as faster than the s1 snapdragon at 1000mhz. The Samsung hummingbird chip beats them both at 1000 MHz.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
According to a lot of reviewers the one x's 1800mh lasted longer than many phones with 2100mh+ batteries. And besides the screen and camera being better, the one x has a slightly faster quad core processor. It all comes down to whether or not you use a lot of storage, because if not the one x trumps the S3 in every way, particularly in not being ugly, both in body and UI.

False. No phone with the same processor comes with a 2100+ mAh battery. And the RAZR Maxx will destroy it in battery life.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The RAZR Maxx just has a gigantic battery. That's like cheating. :p

The closest I can think of that came with a battery as large is the Atrix (I think it was like 1950mAh).

gafman

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards the one that is available from VZW. I do not think I would be upset with either one. I still have a Storm 2 that is on it's lasts legs, and I will see how long I can hold out. My back up phone will be the Galaxy Nexus.

WolvesWR18

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the article. It's a tie. Win-win for Android. People will choose based on personal tastes. Like Coke and Pepsi.

For me, coming from the GSII, Sense is much better than Touchwiz, especially with the new Sense toning down and keeping with the spirit of ICS.

GSIII has a menu button instead of an ICS style task switcher and Touchwiz that keeps you stuck in GB era with that ugly Touchwiz UI. I'm a big-time camera user and use burst mode very often. It is ridiculous that the GSIII doesn't let you choose a best shot and puts all the photos in your storage!

The contact syncing and social integration of Sense is 1000x better than Touchwiz. Sense automatically links your google contacts to Facebook and for most contacts their contact pic was set up right out of the gate. On the galaxy SII there was some asinine contact syncing process that I can't even explain. Heck showing Facebook album pics to a group of friends was easier to do thru the Sense UI then the friggin Facebook app! And I don't forget birthdays anymore because unlike the Facebook Mobile app Sense alerts me of a friend's birthday and suggest for me to post a greeting on their wall, all thru the Sense UI. No app needed. This is the type of enhancements to earned the One X my money. But that s just my personal preferences.

Oh and how can I forget. The physical look of the phone. Just drop dead gorgeous paired with that luscious 4.7" screen. First phone I've ever had where I REFUSE to buy a case. Yup, it's that nice

I am jealous of the GSIII's video recording though. That is pretty incredible. MicroSD no big deal to me as I am on the cloud for music etc and have an iPad for all the heavy stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to our own, when both devices are on network and get pushed through real paces, not paper and pictures. Then we will have something WORTH debating. : )

Reactions: Mad_Oz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm