Quad Core + 4G LTE in Canada?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding it's not that current quad-core chips are incompatible with LTE; it's that they don't have LTE capability in the SoC, so it needs to be implemented by adding an extra chip on the device. The integrated LTE on the SoC, as the S4 does it is the preferred alternative as it keeps devices thinner and uses less battery life. Adding more chips puts a bigger toll on the battery.

Basically, if a carrier wants that quad-core chip and LTE, all they have to do is request it and deal with shorter battery life and a possibly slightly bigger device because of the extra circuitry.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
oh, short battery lift and bigger device! :(

but, do phones bought from US work in canada, like LTE phone from US bring it to canada?

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
oh, short battery lift and bigger device! :(

but, do phones bought from US work in canada, like LTE phone from US bring it to canada?

Probably not since each carrier uses a different band for LTE although if you bought an AT&T LTE phone it will work on Rogers since they use the same bands.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Probably not since each carrier uses a different band for LTE although if you bought an AT&T LTE phone it will work on Rogers since they use the same bands.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Am I understanding this right. You're saying I could get lte on Att with the phone from Rodgers?