I know that I will most likely be getting the Galaxy S III and I know the Google Play Store is and will be available. I want to jump right in when I get my phone, everything ready to download. I don't have a current android phone but I was wondering if I could install everything on Google Play so when I get my phone, it could sync everything I wanted. Basically so it comes pre installed with the apps I like.

Other question:

As far as launchers go, I know Go Launcher has themes. I also know Phil said that he believes that Nova Launcher is currently the best the launcher in the app store but it doesn't have themes does it? I'm not a fan of TouchWiz in terms of attractiveness but I do like their newly added features so I would like to put a theme on top it (Stock ICS theme probably) and I'd rather not root.
    05-13-2012 03:37 PM
    google play is an application store for Android OS, you cannot "install" anything on it. However when you purchase an application, it gets downloaded right away on your phone and your purchases get stored in the database so if you change the phone in the future all your purchases will be available as soon as you enter your gmail address and password associated with your google play account
    as far as the launcher, you can install any launcher available on the market and it does not require root
    Tkbredx likes this.
    05-13-2012 04:33 PM
    You can 'install' an app from your pc and it will get installed on the phone, but the phone needs to be signed into your Google account and you obviously can't do this with a new phone you don't have yet. But its much faster than doing it on the phone, I use this all the time.
    05-13-2012 04:56 PM
    You can 'install' an app from your pc and it will get installed on the phone, but the phone needs to be signed into your Google account and you obviously can't do this with a new phone you don't have yet. But its much faster than doing it on the phone, I use this all the time.
    Thanks, this what I was wondering, I knew I could do it online, I have a google account and everything I was just wondering if I could use my account to install apps before I actually get the phone that way when I do I could sign in and download the ones I installed via computer. But I got ya.
    05-13-2012 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD