Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I`m an artist and I love the concept of the galaxy note... I love the size of the S-Pen Tip and how accurate it is but I just have one problem with it, I have small hands so I find the device HUGE!!!
SO I recently heard about the Galaxy S3 having something called the C-pen. It`s supposedly THE SMALLEST TIPPED capacitive stylus (a mere 3mm) ever made and is designed to work with the GS3 Screen. My question is..... How big is his compared with the S-Pen? Does anybody know the size of the tip of the S-Pen? I would really appreciate if someone who has seen the accessory answer this.

I am using an LG Nitro HD at the moment..... I wanted a 720p screen phone that wasn`t over 4.5" so I decided on this over the galaxy nexus... but I think I can up the game to the 4.8" screen of the galaxy S3 if I were to be a satisfied artist with the C-pen, specialy when the phone has so litle Bezel.

Please provide your advices also.... I appreciate your replies, Thanks in advance.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The tip of my s pen is slightly more than 1 mm according to my ruler. Hope that helps.

Sounds like its roughly twice the size then?
If this is the main reason to buy the phone, I would think hands on would be important.

Also would point out that some of the accessories may be released a few months later than the handset as well. That may be a factor.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't watch the unveiling of this phone as I wasn't considering it at the time, but I've since hopped on the "this is probably my next phone" train due to nothing else coming down the pipe for big red.

Was there a video showing this "C-Pen" or anything??? I haven't found anything on it, I'm rather intrigued.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does the C-Pen do? Does it have functionality similar to the S-Pen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ruq-XCobiWQ[/YT]

Video of the C-Pen. Although it still doesn't show it working! LOL I'm curious as to how precise, if it has "note like" features, etc. Hmmm.

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Man, that thing looks sweet compared to other capacitive styli I`ve used.... The tip is so small!! There are things I don`t like about the GSIII but the C-pen might be worth looking past all those flukes.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
It looks cool but like the S Pen on the G Note its still just a stylus. I dont think the Galaxy S III has any apps like the G Note has for its S Pen but that could change

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
It looks cool but like the S Pen on the G Note its still just a stylus. I dont think the Galaxy S III has any apps like the G Note has for its S Pen but that could change

From videos I have seen it has s memo on it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
How does the C-Pen differ from the S-Pen!?!?!?

Because if it has the same functionality -- for example, you can write and draw different line width depending on how hard you press against the phone -- then the Samsung Galaxt S3 is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note!

Indeed, does anyone know if there are any plans to "port" the S-applications of the Galaxy Note to the Galaxy S3, either "officially" by Samsung or by someone at XDA?

Wow, I hope so!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Its nice that the tip looks smaller than standard styli but the S-Pen and the C-Pen are two completely different technologies. The great thing about the S-Pen is it uses a Wacom digitizer so that its not only indicated location but also pen pressure. With the S-Pen The harder you press the thicker the line, the lighter you press the lighter the line. If the GSIII had a wacom digitizer they'd be crowing about it, and I haven't heard a peep. There also appear to be no buttons on the C-Pen, unlike the S-Pen.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Its nice that the tip looks smaller than standard styli but the S-Pen and the C-Pen are two completely different technologies. The great thing about the S-Pen is it uses a Wacom digitizer so that its not only indicated location but also pen pressure. With the S-Pen The harder you press the thicker the line, the lighter you press the lighter the line. If the GSIII had a wacom digitizer they'd be crowing about it, and I haven't heard a peep. There also appear to be no buttons on the C-Pen, unlike the S-Pen.

Okay, here is an actual video using the C Pen.

Click to view quoted video

You know, that may actually be enough.

Mostly, the S-Pen is just used for circling and annotating things. If the handwriting analysis were a little better, maybe use it for that, too. I would guess that relatively few people actually use the "drawing" capacity of the S-Pen for anything, except for maybe to "play."

kyan-

May 2, 2012
Visit site
No pressure sensitivity on C-Pen. S-Pen has Wacom pressure sensitivity. And you NEED this if you're thinking of doing decent drawing, which I love to do on my intuos5.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out where to buy the C-Pen? I'm seeing a few places offering pre-orders, but nothing from any of the US carriers.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If it's a decent price, I'd definitely like to pick one of these up. I really hope they have some apps available that will utilize it.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
just got mine from the android central store (cheap plug) works nicely with it, but it says it can work with other tablets and devices in the description. not fully true. tried it on my nexus 7 and it pretty much sucks.