09-06-2012 08:52 AM
239 1234 ...
tools
    Have the S3 on hold for when it gets released in Canada.

Have been wanting to switch since getting the 9900 which has been a huge disappointment for me: no auto-focus on camera, battery life barely lasts an entire work day (have to charge halfway through the day or else the battery dies by 4pm) & terrible web browser. Doesn't help that I've had to exchange it 3x since getting it on release date due to various problems.
    05-22-2012 10:37 PM
    Well First the Blackberry Blade isn't a real Blackberry 10 phone, it's just a concept being floated around (and not even by RIM themselves).

But more importantly and generally, RIM hasn't had a good track record recenty with releasing things according to schedule, and I don't think most feel like gambling a two year contract on a them out of charity or because Backberry 10 "needs our support".
    word.
    05-23-2012 05:12 AM
    Avid BB fan here but about to give up after 3 generations of the 'same ol' on their software. BB10 will struggle so ima make the switch to S3. Currently on 9900, 0S7.

Anyone else?
    I am sticking with bb until bb10 is out. I think it will be great os. i did not like android on tablets. I got first hand experience for two weeks. also I will not give up my phone keyboard

Blackberry 9810 (OS 7.1) and Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
    07-19-2012 07:41 AM
    Have the S3 on hold for when it gets released in Canada.

Have been wanting to switch since getting the 9900 which has been a huge disappointment for me: no auto-focus on camera, battery life barely lasts an entire work day (have to charge halfway through the day or else the battery dies by 4pm) & terrible web browser. Doesn't help that I've had to exchange it 3x since getting it on release date due to various problems.
    but this is the best looking phone.

Blackberry 9810 (OS 7.1) and Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
    07-19-2012 07:43 AM
    I also came over from Crackberry. I'm gonna miss that place, shame that current BB phones can't meet my needs anymore.
    07-19-2012 07:56 AM
    I am a recent convert. Broke my 9900 screen and ordered a replacement screen. Was taking to long so i took advantage of my upgrade and got the s3. Loving it so far and missing some things with BB. I will definetily fix my 9900 and use it as a backup. Also im gonna take a close look at BB10 when it comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 08:28 AM
    There are a few things I miss from my BlackBerry but after 3 weeks with my S3, I am quite happy. In many ways it's leaps and bounds ahead, of course...but there are certain things that just worked better, were easier/faster, on BlackBerry. Most notably the ability to just immediately press the keyboard for search results.

That being said, Android is very customizable and it seems like that old Apple slogan "There's an app for that" is particularly fitting. I had years to learn/tune/customize my BlackBerry so I imagine my small/minor gripes about the S3 will be fixed eventually as I learn more about Android.

I am still awaiting BB10 and hoping it brings great things and revives RIM. I can't say for sure I'll ditch Android, but I am all ears.
    klc11vb likes this.
    07-19-2012 08:55 AM
    I'm from CrackBerry. Very big BB fan, last one was the 9860. Just got very much fed up of the OS and the phone. How I had to restart after an app update, the spinning clock constantly, lack of apps I wanted etc. The phone I last had, 9860, just hardware wise not upto standards to the iPhone, Sam.sung, Sony etc but I also have a PlayBook and love the OS on that!

So on Tuesday was off work and went and bought the Xperia S and I'm really enjoying this, the quality of everything, and Android in general and selection of apps and games at my disposal.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 09:07 AM
    I'm from CrackBerry. Very big BB fan, last one was the 9860. Just got very much fed up of the OS and the phone. How I had to restart after an app update, the spinning clock constantly, lack of apps I wanted etc. The phone I last had, 9860, just hardware wise not upto standards to the iPhone, Sam.sung, Sony etc but I also have a PlayBook and love the OS on that!

So on Tuesday was off work and went and bought the Xperia S and I'm really enjoying this, the quality of everything, and Android in general and selection of apps and games at my disposal.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
    Same here. The spinning clock drove me nuts!

I came over from Crackberry a year ago. The combination of a sluggish Torch (2 of them) and lack of support on my PlayBook was what did it for me.

I teach English so the PB was perfect for presentations and lectures. Smooth and efficient. Here's the mistake I did make, I traded off my PB for a Galaxy Tablet 8.9. While I love everything about the 8.9 its extremely slow compared to the PB. BB was far ahead of everyone else as far as the specs and layout of the PB go. I should have kept it but the 8.9 is the perfect size tablet for my needs.

I went through atleast 5 generations of BlackBerry devices. I had the Pearl, Curve, Storm (worst phone ever), two Torch phones , and....... GOD I forget what my first BB was. I don't care what people over at CB say, apps are a big deal for business users. I use so many things for work off of Play Store. Since I left RIM a little over a year ago I've had the Atrix (meh phone but great speed for its time), galaxy s2, and the Galaxy S3 now.

I do plan on going back to RIM and giving them another shot when OS 10 comes out next year. While it does look like the OS in the PB, I'm confident that it's going to be amazing. Thank God for Best Buy's Buyback Program too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2012 09:29 AM
    I'm over from crackberry and the bold 9900 I really like the S3 so far
    07-19-2012 10:57 AM
    And FYI BB10 is miles ahead of current berry software, it's been in development for years. It will also include an android App player, so 2 for one. Blackberry is still the number one phone in the UK, and has 70 million users worldwide, they aren't going anywhere soon. and take a look at the BB blade, don't tell me that isn't sexy as hell.
    How do you know BB10 will be "miles ahead" of current Berry software? Nobody has seen it yet. Also, many of the features Blackberry is famous for (BBM, Secure Push Mail) currently can't be gotten to work with QNX (see Playbook). Lastly, the Blade you pictured is simply a Photoshop mock up from a Crackberry.com commenter. It's just a figment of someone's imagination.

I love my Blackberry Bold 9900, but using a SGS3 is like hopping from a Model T Ford into a Ferrari. Blackberry is dead. We have our memories. Time to move on.
    07-19-2012 11:06 AM
    I'm still a BB user, coming. from a BB 9000, 9700, 9800 & now a GS3. I use my BB 9800 while I'm at work, I'm just holding out my upgrade for a BB10.
    07-19-2012 11:28 AM
    Made the jump to the GS3 on June 21st. The device is smoking. I still have my 9900 for work and my Playbook. I gave up waiting for BB10 devices to drop. BB device release dates have been known to slip.
    07-19-2012 11:32 AM
    I had blackberries for 10 years and in fact carried 2 of them most of that time...one for work and one for personal use. In December I jumped to Android with a Galaxy Nexus...,wow. I loved blackberry but it only took me one day of using ICS to understand that the only reason I loved blackberry so much was because I had absolutely no understanding or experience of what Android was capable of....again....wow. I'm looking forward to seeing what BB10 might bring but in all honesty I can't say I would go back. The blackberry forum community was awesome but I have also discovered great and helpful Android communities as well with my GNex and now my brand new S3 ....which btw totally rocks!!!
    07-19-2012 02:01 PM
    I have used BB for many years but given the current financial situation they are in I decided to jump ship. The PlayBook was a joke in itself and was outdated before it released. I too used the fantastic BB keyboard and was very hesitant to convert to a full touchscreen device. After a few days, I am getting much better and with the keyboards you can download (SwiftKey 3), anyone can do it. I was also growing tired of the lack of apps - too many times a developer would release an app but no support for the BlackBerry. I can finally have a USAA banking app......the little things that make us smile. And that small *** screen on the 9930 to this 4.8" wonder!!!

And for those that don't know - BB10 is going to be released in Europe first, so you can bet your *** it will be delayed in the U.S. I will give BB10 a look but I doubt I will go back. There are some things I miss, but after searching and asking here, I can find just about everything I need.
    07-19-2012 08:10 PM
    I love android and all, but I'll be ditching my one x/S3 for blackberry 10. It's going to be uber awesome. Used QNX for a while, the potential is massive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 08:18 PM
    I love android and all, but I'll be ditching my one x/S3 for blackberry 10. It's going to be uber awesome. Used QNX for a while, the potential is massive.

If BB10 lives up to its billing, I may take a look but I have owned enough RIM devices to see that there is sometimes more hype. Don't get me wrong. RIM does an excellent job of getting their OS to squeeze every ounce of performance with meager hardware. RIM has lost its focus on the UX, something Samsung has excelled at.Simply look at the number of RIM and Apple owners who are transitioning to Android. There is a reason that the Android OS is the most popular OS versus RIM and iOS. The TouchWiz skin that Samsung overlays on the OS make the device more user friendly and enjoyable.
    07-19-2012 08:30 PM
    I used to use a blackberry. RIMM no longer has an advantage on anything anymore, BB10 has to be a major success for RIMM to make a comeback. but i doubt they are going to be able to "wow" anyone. People are hoping BB10 become a ground breaking revolution in technology which is going to end up in dissapointment, like any other hyped product or software.
    Totally agree with. As a former BB and Crackberry crusader I too made the switch to android and I am very pleased. First of before I get into this I am still hoping Rim sticks around for years to come and gets customers. However to all the people here saying wait till BB10 hits its going to be revolutionary and the best. No its not here is way. From what i have seen of the 4 big sneak peeks with BB10, its going to be a leveling playing field with android and will be a bit better than ios. 1) the camera real cool timewarp feature, however win 8 will have this as nokia bought the company that created it. Also the GSIII with its 20 shot burst mode is practically same thing you pick the best picture. 2)swipe multi tasking and all apps running at the same time cause of gnx. Hello android ics and jelly bean have amazing multi tasking and run plenty of apps at same time. 3) keyboard. Not original its a cross between swiftkey 3 and Samsung's old swipe keyboard function. From watching the demo vids i can honestly say typing with swiftkey 3 is faster. 4) Notification bar or page. Sorry jelly bean notifications alot better and smoother.
    The one major plus that Android has now with jelly bean is the google card feature and google voice which has been proven to be the sire killer, hence apple being sue happy on nexus devices. Case closed so how will BB10 be better. Its not it will finally be in the game but thats about it.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 08:43 PM
    RIM has a major advantage in its proprietary communications platform that is still the envy of the industry though Samsung is making a run at developing a similar platform. BB10 first as stated earlier needs to catch up and get back in the game then take the next step forward. The question remains whether the faithful can be drawn back in time.
    07-19-2012 08:54 PM
    If BB10 lives up to its billing, I may take a look but I have owned enough RIM devices to see that there is sometimes more hype. Don't get me wrong. RIM does an excellent job of getting their OS to squeeze every ounce of performance with meager hardware. RIM has lost its focus on the UX, something Samsung has excelled at.Simply look at the number of RIM and Apple owners who are transitioning to Android. There is a reason that the Android OS is the most popular OS versus RIM and iOS. The TouchWiz skin that Samsung overlays on the OS make the device more user friendly and enjoyable.
    Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously after you write the words touchwiz, user friendly and enjoyable in the same sentence. But let's get one thing straight. Blackberry has had it's head up it's *** for years, I agree. They developed a few awesome features and tried to ride them for all they were worth. But QNX is absolutely amazing. It's totally out of android's league. It smoothly runs android apps INSIDE it's own environment. And as Mr. Heinz will happily tell you, the BB10 device is a beast. It's quad core, and they are looking to put the first ever 64 bit CPU in a phone. Take a look at a few of the features in BB10. It's going to rock, and they are taking their time to make it a masterpiece. If the management at RIM didn't have reason to believed that BB10 would rock the market, they would just sell the company. And they're not stupid, they've been in the game since long before iOS or android were ever thought up.

07-20-2012 12:25 AM
    If you had a realistic idea of what it will take just to re-gain market share, you should know better that it will take more than one great device. RIM will have to catch up first before it can the lead.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    07-20-2012 03:32 AM
    If you had a realistic idea of what it will take just to re-gain market share, you should know better that it will take more than one great device. RIM will have to catch up first before it can the lead.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    Roger that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 08:47 AM
    I'm from Crackberry. Just visiting though, while I wait for BB10. Decided I can't knock it until I've tried it, so I've been test driving a Dinc2 for the last few months.

I'm not going to lie, I do enjoy Android much more then I thought I would, it's tasty Kool-Aid. My BB roots run deep though, so as long as BB10 lives up to it's hype, I plan on returning to it.
    07-20-2012 08:57 AM
    I recently got rid of my Blackberry - Blackberry is a good brand, but that's it.
    RIM is years behind its competitors. Who knows what the future holds? But, if anything, RIM is a prime example of how a business should NOT be run. Extremely poor management and being "out of touch" with what the customer wants has led to RIM's deterioration in the market.

However, I do not believe RIM is going to tank by any means. On a global level, certainly not, and for the purposes of OS security - they are the best.
    07-20-2012 09:02 AM
    Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously after you write the words touchwiz, user friendly and enjoyable in the same sentence. But let's get one thing straight. Blackberry has had it's head up it's *** for years, I agree. They developed a few awesome features and tried to ride them for all they were worth. But QNX is absolutely amazing. It's totally out of android's league. It smoothly runs android apps INSIDE it's own environment. And as Mr. Heinz will happily tell you, the BB10 device is a beast. It's quad core, and they are looking to put the first ever 64 bit CPU in a phone. Take a look at a few of the features in BB10. It's going to rock, and they are taking their time to make it a masterpiece. If the management at RIM didn't have reason to believed that BB10 would rock the market, they would just sell the company. And they're not stupid, they've been in the game since long before iOS or android were ever thought up.

And for all that, it will still have the one thing that will make it pale in comparison to Android ..a closed
    ecosystem. The customization and openness of android is the reason for its success. Its the reason why android is beginning to overtake ios and it's the reason why BB10 will not match or come close to it in popularity. That and the fact that it will be competing with a new iphone and a new Nexus phone will make it very tough for RIM. I wish RIM well, but I dont see them replicating their past success.
    Ps There are some people like me that actually like TW!! For me it is user friendly and enjoyable.
    07-20-2012 09:06 AM
239 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD