09-06-2012 09:52 AM
239 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm throwing the bs flag on 70wpm on your BlackBerry. Video proof? And it better not be slang or two or three letter words.
    I'll dig out my old bold 9000 (I sold my 9700) but only if you admit after I do it that blackberry is the ultimate typing platform.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    07-25-2012 09:36 PM
    Good for you. So please tell us why you left BB yourself as you keep talking about them like you made a mistake leaving or something. We are not saying Rim is dead or bashing BB10. We left BB6 and BB7 devices as of now BB10 does not exist apart from keyboard everything else is a demo app showing sliding between apps. As of now BB10 is nothing but vaporware. When it will come out and I test it then I will make full judgment. However I can say BB7 and BB6 are laggy choppy and vastly outdated to competition. That is why I left and got tired of all the broken promises from RIM. However, I do hope they prove me wrong but track record not great now is it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I left Blackberry because of terrible web browsing, and 720p screens.

07-25-2012 09:38 PM
    I'm throwing the bs flag on 70wpm on your BlackBerry. Video proof? And it better not be slang or two or three letter words.
    I don't doubt he can type that fast. However i doubt its on a BB because every time i typed more then 20-25 words per min my 9800 started to lag and or spinning clock. Same on my sister inlaws 9930 so i am calling it bs as well because a BB cant process fast enough, I don't know maybe just my experience but lagged on two BBs. On a pc I believe him.

07-25-2012 09:53 PM
    I don't doubt he can type that fast. However i doubt its on a BB because every time i typed more then 20-25 words per min my 9800 started to lag and or spinning clock. Same on my sister inlaws 9930 so i am calling it bs as well because a BB cant process fast enough, I don't know maybe just my experience but lagged on two BBs. On a pc I believe him.

LoL at "a blackberry can't process fast enough" Care to make a Digital Cash Bet? I can get 60 wpm without even trying. You're so full of crap about the spinning clock, unless you had a ton of apps running in the background. Just because you fail doesn't mean everyone does. Need proof it can be done? Here's one of many you tube videos of someone getting over 75 wpm on a berry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egie4ApwoUg

I've hit 70 and would be willing to do it again for a little cash wager. I'd put a clock next to it so you could see and everything. Put up, or shut up.

07-26-2012 05:48 AM
    I would ALMOST pay to see this feat with predictive text and autocomplete turned off.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    07-26-2012 07:08 AM
    Use to be a real crackberry addict. Stuck with my 5th BlackBerry when everyone was switching to android.
    Bought the playbook the first day it was out. And then disappointments just kept adding up.

No apps, all of RIM's promises lies. I don't have any faith in them anymore, it's just let down after let down.

Bought an HTC desire s, and now a fancy nexus.
    I wish good luck to RIM and their BB10

07-26-2012 07:35 AM
    I came from bb about a week ago to the S3. I'll go back once bb10 comes out but until them I'm giving some other devices a spin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 07:39 AM
    As I watched that video, my heart rate went up! Flipping heck that was quick...

LoL at "a blackberry can't process fast enough" Care to make a Digital Cash Bet? I can get 60 wpm without even trying. You're so full of crap about the spinning clock, unless you had a ton of apps running in the background. Just because you fail doesn't mean everyone does. Need proof it can be done? Here's one of many you tube videos of someone getting over 75 wpm on a berry.

I've hit 70 and would be willing to do it again for a little cash wager. I'd put a clock next to it so you could see and everything. Put up, or shut up.

07-26-2012 08:38 AM

Like I said in my post. It could of been both BBs I was using. Thank you for proving me wrong, I stand corrected and I apologized if I made a blanket statement. However, I am still standing by the fact that RIM has more deficiencies then benefits compared to the competition. You yourself left because of screen resolution and sub par browser. In truth BB7 and BB6 are nothing more then BB5 with faster browser, fancier skin, manues, and themes, with hardware boost and minor add ons. It is getting tired, I hope RIM wows with BB10 but from what I have been seeing so far nothing revolutionary. Before you flame me, I will reserve my final judgment when i test it. And yes the video you attached was quite impressive.

07-26-2012 09:08 AM
    are you kidding. after being 2 generations behind anything with blackberry for so many years I ran over. The galaxy s3 is light years ahead of anything blackberry has right now. I know BB10 is right the corner ( or so they say ) and it will be a giant step forward but I was not willing to wait any longer. I am not sorry I did. I am happy
    07-26-2012 09:30 AM
    70 wpm on a 9000 is pretty good. You should be around 80-85 on a 9900.
    07-26-2012 10:01 AM
    Looks like Qantas has dumped BlackBerry for Apple.

Qantas Switches From Blackberry to Apple

Dell and IBM already left this year....RIM recently lost a lawsuit and ordered to pay 147.2 million....the bleeding continues.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    07-26-2012 11:34 AM
    that video... imao
    07-26-2012 12:54 PM
    I do miss the unified inbox on my berry, but that's it. My gs3 has a wonderful led with different colours depending on what type of notification I'm getting. Typing speed is a judgement call, it can take some getting used to but anyone can learn to type on glass.

As far as Blackberry being the best phone if you don't want your employees having any fun, that's true,but it's also true of a feature phone. That's why RIM Iain doing so badly with byod.

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm not saying that no one should buy a blackberry or that Android is for everyone. I'm just pointing out that a lot of the old reasons to prefer Blackberry don't really exist anymore ,hence the defections of people like me or the OP.
    07-26-2012 02:04 PM
    Like I said in my post. It could of been both BBs I was using. Thank you for proving me wrong, I stand corrected and I apologized if I made a blanket statement. However, I am still standing by the fact that RIM has more deficiencies then benefits compared to the competition. You yourself left because of screen resolution and sub par browser. In truth BB7 and BB6 are nothing more then BB5 with faster browser, fancier skin, manues, and themes, with hardware boost and minor add ons. It is getting tired, I hope RIM wows with BB10 but from what I have been seeing so far nothing revolutionary. Before you flame me, I will reserve my final judgment when i test it. And yes the video you attached was quite impressive.

I agree with everything you said here, especially is 6 and 7 being spruced up BB 5. I might even go farther than that. And I left blackberry because I wanted my phone to do many different things that Blackberry couldn't. But I still would say that if all you use your phone for is calls and text/email/im-based communication, the blackberry is still the best choice.

07-26-2012 03:21 PM

Dell and IBM already left this year....RIM recently lost a lawsuit and ordered to pay 147.2 million....the bleeding continues.
    They're not losing money, they're losing REVENUE. That's a big difference. They sold over 20 million devices so far this year, they're not pulling money out of the piggy bank. Making less money is a lot different then losing it.

07-26-2012 03:24 PM

LoL. Dell switched to Windows phone since Microsoft offered to hook them up for almost free. IBM only allows you to bring your iPhone/Android that you already own to work. And they block you from using them with IBM's internet, I cloud and siri and half a dozen other features for iPhone and internet on Androids essentially crippling them. Only the BlackBerry is allowed to use every feature at IBM and has Carte Blanche access to everything, because of the power of BB security. So if you work at IBM and want the web on your phone, you need a Berry.

http://news4geeks.net/2012/05/25/ibm...droid-devices/

You know who else uses a Blackberry. The mother******* POTUS.

07-26-2012 03:34 PM
    I agree with everything you said here, especially is 6 and 7 being spruced up BB 5. I might even go farther than that. And I left blackberry because I wanted my phone to do many different things that Blackberry couldn't. But I still would say that if all you use your phone for is calls and text/email/im-based communication, the blackberry is still the best choice.

I am glad we can finally agree on something. Yes BBs are great communications tools however consumers want more. With how iphone and android redefined what a smartphone is meant to be. BBs are closer to a super feature phone then smart phone. Yes they handle texting email organization and calling superbly, but that's all they seem to be offering of value. Everything else is either outdated or under performs. RIM really needs a grand slam with BB10 to stay relevant (mostly in consumer market) If they screw this up I can see windows taking their spot in a year or two.

jcp007 likes this.
    07-26-2012 07:59 PM
    They're not losing money, they're losing REVENUE. That's a big difference. They sold over 20 million devices so far this year, they're not pulling money out of the piggy bank. Making less money is a lot different then losing it.

They lost a freaking lawsuit....this is not revenue......holy crap, dude.
    07-26-2012 09:06 PM
    I am glad we can finally agree on something. Yes BBs are great communications tools however consumers want more. With how iphone and android redefined what a smartphone is meant to be. BBs are closer to a super feature phone then smart phone. Yes they handle texting email organization and calling superbly, but that's all they seem to be offering of value. Everything else is either outdated or under performs. RIM really needs a grand slam with BB10 to stay relevant (mostly in consumer market) If they screw this up I can see windows taking their spot in a year or two.

Nicely put. What got me was the lack of applications and support with BB versus the other platforms. Too many times an app was released without support and/or integration with BB.
    07-26-2012 09:09 PM
    They lost a freaking lawsuit....this is not revenue......holy crap, dude.
    Yes, and cost of that lawsuit comes out of their revenue.

07-26-2012 09:23 PM
    Yes, and cost of that lawsuit comes out of their revenue.

Jesus...never mind.
    07-26-2012 10:06 PM
    In other news, Samsung reports 5.9 billion Q2/2012.....

Samsung checks in with a $5.9 billion operating profit for Q2 2012 | Android Central

BAM!!! lol
    07-26-2012 10:11 PM
    AC seems to be slow tonight - this was a double post.
    07-26-2012 10:11 PM
    I left BB a couple of months ago and haven't looked back. I just bought a cheap device first to try it out (HTC Raider) and that was enough of a taste for me. I then had the Samsung Note and now have the Galaxy S III and absolutely love it.

My BB was fine when I had it but what made me leave were the constant problems performance wise. It did heat I needed it to do and did it well until the problems started. At that point I asked myself why I was still sticking with BB.

Now I couldn't be happier with my S III and can do things my BB could never do. I love the huge eco system compared to BB and now enjoy apps with friends on Android and iPhone. I didn't know what I was missing until I left BB. I was most worried about how I would find the typing on full touch devices but have found that not to be an issue at all and feel that I'm now faster typing with the S III.

I sincerely wish RIM the best and hope they rebound from their current situation but don't really see myself going back regardless of how great BB10 is unless they somehow massively boost their eco system.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on Bell Mobility
    07-26-2012 11:23 PM
239 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD