Anyone coming across from Crackberry?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It is illegal for a company to intentionally lie to shareholders about projections, earnings or business statistics. It has been for years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

And you're saying it's not done?? What is said during a call and what is filed within a company is two different animals. People/companies do it everyday. As long as what is said isn't written as official (i.s., signed/sealed/delivered), then you can't hold anyone to what was said.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
And you're saying it's not done?? What is said during a call and what is filed within a company is two different animals. People/companies do it everyday. As long as what is said isn't written as official (i.s., signed/sealed/delivered), then you can't hold anyone to what was said.

He or she keeps throwing it up on the wall and hopes it sticks. Trying the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result seems to be cbtraitor MO.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
With the development by RIM of a Siri like feature in BB10, I wonder if Apple will file a lawsuit against RIM. Additionally, RIM has universal search which includes being able to search the device but they have not been sued to my knowledge.

What is Apple's motto? "If we can't innovate, we litigate". :D

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What is Apple's motto? "If we can't innovate, we litigate". :D

Could have said it better. Betting Samsung will file a lawsuit to stop the new i5s and wondering where Apple will get their chips which I heard they used to get from Samsung.

bludgeon

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Been a BB user since 07... Now gave Droid a chance. On s3 and enjoying. But can't give up my current BB just yet. Using both. Enjoying both. But I dunno how BB is ever gonna level with what Droid can offer.

I'm thinking that for every BB phone and new software they make, Droid's coming up with more and more stuff to make life easier and more fun. I still love the push email, keyboard and the sexyness of that plain black body.. but at the moment, I don't see myself buying a new BB anytime soon should my ever 9900 give up on me.

Maybe someday... :-\

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

So true. I have two examples, apple does it all the time and yet they don't get touched. Secondly correct me if I am wrong but didn't Jim Ballsless (like my pun) get in sh#t in Canada for lying to shareholders by fudging numbers and or facts pertaining to RIM to the tune of 45 million penalty a few years back.

The truth is that company big wigs are involved in inside trading and laying about their companies all the time. That's how they make easy money. Stock market is biggest scam ever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
He or she keeps throwing it up on the wall and hopes it sticks. Trying the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result seems to be cbtraitor MO.

Lol. I see what happens when someone disagrees with you. So what you're saying is, that RIM's executives are all totally and utterly lying criminals and that all the numbers they presented are nothing but a mummers farce. Go ahead and make yourself a tinfoil hat, buddy. You think shareholders don't have a dozen independent agencies looking into the validity of RIMs claims as we speak?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So true. I have two examples, apple does it all the time and yet they don't get touched. Secondly correct me if I am wrong but didn't Jim Ballsless (like my pun) get in sh#t in Canada for lying to shareholders by fudging numbers and or facts pertaining to RIM to the tune of 45 million penalty a few years back.

The truth is that company big wigs are involved in inside trading and laying about their companies all the time. That's how they make easy money. Stock market is biggest scam ever.

They sure like to stretch the truth, I,all grant you that. However they generally don't like to lie outright. Doing so has resulted in countless successful mega-million dollar lawsuits initiated by shareholders.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I see what happens when someone disagrees with you. So what you're saying is, that RIM's executives are all totally and utterly lying criminals and that all the numbers they presented are nothing but a mummers farce. Go ahead and make yourself a tinfoil hat, buddy. You think shareholders don't have a dozen independent agencies looking into the validity of RIMs claims as we speak?

Insert sound effect ("chirping crickets"). Your tin foil hat is on too tight. ("chirping crickets")

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I can finally have a USAA banking app......the little things that make us smile.

The little things indeed. This is what drove a wedge between me and my BlackbBerry...the USAA app. When I needed to deposit a check and had to asked my dad if I could use the 3GS I let him have, I knew my undying love for BlackBerry was in fact dying. I have had the 4S since release. Then when the GSIII released, I jumped at the chance to have one. I'm enjoying it :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIII

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Rim has confirmed a quad core CPU at least in the touch version, and several devs have talked about work they've been doing on a 64 bit project. Google doesn't always get the best stuff. RIM's QNX base for BB10 is way more powerful than Android. I think even Jerry would probably agree. I mean for goodness sake it can run android apps inside it without a stutter and it's a massively different software ecosystem. I think judging what BB10 will be like from your precious experience to BB is like trying to compare windows 95 to Windows 7. It's a whole different league, son.

Completely wrong here. RIM has said they were going for the dual core S4 processor, same as in the s3.

Also, there's no reason to believe that qnx is more powerful than android. The Playbook runs qnx and still doesn't outshine top android devices in benchmark tests.

I had a blackberry before this, a 9700, and I've tried the bold 9900. I've heard all this before. "Just wait till x comes, then bb will leapfrog the competition" (where x is surepress touchscreen, os6 webkit browser, os7 hardware improvements, playbook os 2.0 etc.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Completely wrong here. RIM has said they were going for the dual core S4 processor, same as in the s3.

Also, there's no reason to believe that qnx is more powerful than android. The Playbook runs qnx and still doesn't outshine top android devices in benchmark tests.

I had a blackberry before this, a 9700, and I've tried the bold 9900. I've heard all this before. "Just wait till x comes, then bb will leapfrog the competition" (where x is surepress touchscreen, os6 webkit browser, os7 hardware improvements, playbook os 2.0 etc.

That's absolutely false. I watched all the all the DevCon programs, they have stated multiple times that they will use a quad core.

The playbook can't beat the competition because of hardware, not software. There is reason to believed that QNX is more powerful, any unbiased Dev will tell you as much, the ability for CPU and ram scaling, software flexibly and management and kernals with the ability to do just about anything is what makes it unique. It can smoothly run platforms like android inside of it. It's like comparing windows 98 to windows 7. You can trick out, skin and modify windows 98 to make it really nice, but it will never be as potentially powerful as windows 7.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

you do realize that quad vs dual does not mean double performance. in fact performance gains are minimal at best. only battery life is affected. what is the point of carrying phone and charger together because your "mobile" device will not last entire day without recharging at some point. qnx is more powerful, simple and more clean os in my opinion. I've had first hand experience with Android tablet and one word that comes to my mind is cumbersome. nothong special at all. only reason why android is popular is because it is free. nothing stops rim from doing the same but I hope it will not happen because security is the worst on Android and somehow I feel more comfortable keeping my private data on blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I do agree that qnx is an amazing os. However, the deal breaker wont be hardware but ecosystem, and myself being someone that has come from using BBs for years can tell you RIM has no ecosystem and is a solid 16-24 months to having one let alone a decent one. So please stop mentioning hardware as software and apps is the key. As of now the playbook is just beginning to being a true complete tablet what 18 months after release. If BB10 customers have to wait an additional 18 months after lunch for decent app ecosystem, do you really think Rim will survive in current form or on their own. Don't get me wrong I don't want Rim to fail or go under but I am realistic, one of the major reasons I jumped ship to android till my next upgrade in 2015. By then we will truly see where Rim is going to be and not by next year with one phone lunch.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
No quad-core processors for first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices - Neowin

Blackberry 10 does not have quad core. Look it up literally anywhere. Folks on crackberry confirmed it a while ago.

And to bitek, i didn't say that quad core was twice as fast as dual. I was just pointing out that crackberrytraitor was wrong.

Also android phones and tablets are not free, they're often more expensive. They're popular because people like buying them and using them.

Reactions: Syrous44

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No quad-core processors for first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices - Neowin

Blackberry 10 does not have quad core. Look it up literally anywhere. Folks on crackberry confirmed it a while ago.

And to bitek, i didn't say that quad core was twice as fast as dual. I was just pointing out that crackberrytraitor was wrong.

Also android phones and tablets are not free, they're often more expensive. They're popular because people like buying them and using them.

I know I heard devs talking about quad cores and developing software for quad cores CPUs, but after reading that there is no refuting that it seems all but certain the first gen BB10 devices will not have them.

Oh and when he said Android is free, I'm pretty sure he was referring to how Android O.S. is free, which means manufacturers don't pay for it and create more diverse products with more bang for the buck. At least I hope that's what he meant.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Vaporware. RIM will be barely in existence by this time next year. They are hemorrhaging money and people. Many huge corporations, like the one I work for, are dumping them for iPhone. Nobody wants to use a Blackberry when their personal iPhone or Android phones are so much better,

Bro wait for BB10 I only got a droid cause my upgrade had been fermenting for a while. RIM needs your support now more than ever. I'm getting one off contract as soon as it hits the street. It'll be out in October you're almost there.

And FYI BB10 is miles ahead of current berry software, it's been in development for years. It will also include an android App player, so 2 for one. Blackberry is still the number one phone in the UK, and has 70 million users worldwide, they aren't going anywhere soon. and take a look at the BB blade, don't tell me that isn't sexy as hell.

[URL=http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/189/blackberryblade.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Could have said it better. Betting Samsung will file a lawsuit to stop the new i5s and wondering where Apple will get their chips which I heard they used to get from Samsung.

Samsung needs Apple far more than Apple needs Samsung. Apple is sourcing their chips and screens from other companies and they also have their own chip design in house. This is going to cost Samsung billions of $$ in revenue that their board and shareholders are not at all happy about. But when you mess with the bull you get the horns.Samsung has no grounds to file a lawsuit against the i5. Thats just delusional. Not quite as bad as people thinking QNX will ever go anywhere but pretty close.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital