Anyone coming across from Crackberry?

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry 10 would certainly have to produce something 'special' to combat with the likes of Android and Apple, period...

Two weeks ago, I ordered a BlackBerry 9900; I've used one before, when it was first released, and I use to love my 9700. Let's just say the BlackBerry 9900 lasted 48 hours before I boxed it and returned it.

I've been using an iPhone and an Android for about two years plus now. I tried the HTC One X, but when 21st June came around, I was using my Samsung Galaxy S3, and have been ever since...

Thats the problem. From what they showed nothing their wowing me really. Only thing that might blow minds is tatt and cascade integration in the ui and overall flow of os. These look promising. Everything else looks like catch up to put them on a even playing field. Time will only tell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

OniBerry

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I used a 9900 for almost a year, but fed up with unresponsiveness and constant lagging.

Bought my G3 last week and haven't looked back. Unless BB10 can zip me up after going to the bathroom, I don't think I'll be returning to that platform. Can't really make a decision until I see what they have to offer. All the demos and screen shots they are 'leaking' don't really do anything to sway my decision either way.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats the problem. From what they showed nothing their wowing me really. Only thing that might blow minds is tatt and cascade integration in the ui and overall flow of os. These look promising. Everything else looks like catch up to put them on a even playing field. Time will only tell.

Their multitasking set up looks really nice too, plus You can run all your android apps. That keyboard looks insanely better than any android keyboard as well, even swift key. I dunno, we'll just have to see.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Their multitasking set up looks really nice too, plus You can run all your android apps. That keyboard looks insanely better than any android keyboard as well, even swift key. I dunno, we'll just have to see.

The keyboard does look interesting and promising, I am just not a swiping to insert the word fan myself. Will have to test to see how accustomed people will get to swiping and typing at the same time. Also want to see how the predictive engine will work on the qwerty devices. If the touch keyboard will truly change the industry, will we going to see the end of qwerty BBs in the near future.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
RIM is dead. Corporations are dumping them as quickly as they can. Usually for iPhones for security and management reasons over Android. There is zero developer interest in current or future Blackberry OS'. Dead as Dillinger.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
RIM is dead. Corporations are dumping them as quickly as they can. Usually for iPhones for security and management reasons over Android. There is zero developer interest in current or future Blackberry OS'. Dead as Dillinger.

I will agree with you on loosing corporate support. However, developers are actually saying good things about coding for BB10 so I wouldn't say developers leaving RIM aside just yet.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Most major companies (not all)/government agencies still prefer Berry. They sold over 20 million devices this year more than HTC, Motorola or Windows Phone. I phones have terrible security compared to Blackberry BES.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Most major companies (not all)/government agencies still prefer Berry. They sold over 20 million devices this year more than HTC, Motorola or Windows Phone. I phones have terrible security compared to Blackberry BES.

Yeah, the Iphone has the terrible security the US Government uses.

Companies use them as they are locked into a contract with RIM for a set period of time.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the Iphone has the terrible security the US Government uses.

Companies use them as they are locked into a contract with RIM for a set period of time.

yes and no.

u're right about the contract, but u're wrong about implying iPhones have as good a security as BBs. BBs security encryption is rock solid. It's the only reason why the company's surviving. Hell even governments can't break it. They'd rather get RIM's permission to access it and jump through all the legal sha-bangs to get that, than to attempt cracking the security themselves for access into your messages!...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
yes and no.

u're right about the contract, but u're wrong about implying iPhones have as good a security as BBs. BBs security encryption is rock solid. It's the only reason why the company's surviving. Hell even governments can't break it. They'd rather get RIM's permission to access it and jump through all the legal sha-bangs to get that, than to attempt cracking the security themselves for access into your messages!...

I didn't say the Iphone has the same security as BlackBerry, did I? All I said was the Iphone must have terrible security - terrible enough that the government uses them. The member I quoted said the Iphone has terrible security compared to Blackberry. This I agree, but they (Apple) must have something in place in order to meet DoD acceptance. :confused:

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung should buy rim... think of how many users they would gain just by bbm alone.. nearly most of the UK

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
That's your President. And he uses a BlackBerry because he isn't smart enough to use anything else. :D

He uses a Blackberry because it's the most secure phone in the world.

And the DoD doesn't use I phones. They have an iPhone app that can be used to access low security data from employees own smartphone, but the only phone that has full clearance and is issued by the DoD is blackberry.

http://www.stripes.com/news/ipads-iphones-and-other-top-mobile-devices-still-banned-from-dod-networks-1.156997

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say the Iphone has the same security as BlackBerry, did I? All I said was the Iphone must have terrible security - terrible enough that the government uses them. The member I quoted said the Iphone has terrible security compared to Blackberry. This I agree, but they (Apple) must have something in place in order to meet DoD acceptance. :confused:

The only U.S. government agency that plans on using Apple products is The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The only reason they are even allowed to do so is that have lowest level of security clearance. No other U.S. government agency has plan to use anything besides Blackberry. Fail.

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
He uses a Blackberry because it's the most secure phone in the world.

And the DoD doesn't use I phones. They have an iPhone app that can be used to access low security data from employees own smartphone, but the only phone that has full clearance and is issued by the DoD is blackberry.

iPads, iPhones and other top mobile devices still banned from DOD networks - News - Stripes

While this article was from 2011, and this was the case when this article was published. This isn't the case any longer with the Iphone - thanks for trying. :D

iPhone, Android to be OK’d for official use - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only U.S. government agency that plans on using Apple products is The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The only reason they are even allowed to do so is that have lowest level of security clearance. No other U.S. government agency has plan to use anything besides Blackberry. Fail.

Keep telling yourself that.....

http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._choice_of_apple_iphone_or_android_phone.html

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Your article from 2010, and was about a consideration. And it didn't happen. the only thing the Army allows is for soldiers to bring their own iPhones for basic use. Nice try, though. Neither of the links you posted says otherwise. The Army is still issuing Blackberries.

You're really trying to hard, man. First you were wrong about the DoD, and now you just keep going. You're on a roll.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae