Anyone coming across from Crackberry?

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
When BB10 was unveiled they announced it for release in October the same day, so I think you may be mistaken, there's only been one delay of an official release date. In his recent interview with Crackberry Kevin, he said a January release, hopefully this hold true. If it came out "years ago" it would have been the most amazing device on the planet. QNX is amazingly powerful, whether or not it's a success is debatable, but what's not is that it stomps iOS and Android in raw power and potential of kernels. It can run Android apps inside itself for hecks sake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I think you might be mixing up the first demo and the dev alpha release with the OS announcement which occurred a bit earlier - in 2011 actually.

Rough timeline: RIM announces bb10, RIM releases bb7 promises bb10 devices in first half of 2012, RIM delays devices to late 2012 (they never specifically said October, but many were guessing that'd be a likely time), RIM delays bb10 to early 2013.

Qnx is good, but consumers who care about running android apps will buy an android phone rather than mess around with sideloading barely functional versions of them onto their phone. I'm sure that if Google and the oems cared about running blackberry apps on their devices they could make it happen, but there are almost no blackberry exclusive apps worth getting.

Also I think RIM removed the sideload feature from the playbook due to piracy issues, so it's not really a selling point anymore.

http://www.androidauthority.com/playbook-sideloading-feature-73757/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43504/rim-blackberry-q3-results-mixed-bag
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you might be mixing up the first demo and the dev alpha release with the OS announcement which occurred a bit earlier - in 2011 actually.

Rough timeline: RIM announces bb10, RIM releases bb7 promises bb10 devices in first half of 2012, RIM delays devices to late 2012 (they never specifically said October, but many were guessing that'd be a likely time), RIM delays bb10 to early 2013.

Qnx is good, but consumers who care about running android apps will buy an android phone rather than mess around with sideloading barely functional versions of them onto their phone. I'm sure that if Google and the oems cared about running blackberry apps on their devices they could make it happen, but there are almost no blackberry exclusive apps worth getting.

Also I think RIM removed the sideload feature from the playbook due to piracy issues, so it's not really a selling point anymore.

http://www.androidauthority.com/playbook-sideloading-feature-73757/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43504/rim-blackberry-q3-results-mixed-bag

They actually only suggested that "It's likely we'll launch BB10 in the first half of next year" they didn't actually announce a firm release date. Don't even get me started on how often their "predictions" were delayed. But only one official release date was pushed back.

And the App player is being updated as we speak to work with Google play and have deeper os integration, which Google will be happy to allow since it make them more money. I'll certainly ditch my Android phones in a second if BB 10 has better features and can use all my favorite apps.

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on BB when they foisted the Storm on me with no way out and no properly functioning phone no matter how many of them VZ gave me. The day I got rid of the BB and bought a used Droid 2 to finish my contract was one of the best days of my business life. I wish them well and I hope they make a comeback, but I can't see myself ever going back.

Thats my story with BB as well. The first storm put a taste in my mouth which is still there both against BB and VZW.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still a CrackBerry and a user of Blackberry products due to my playbook. But I like Samsung products and my upgrade was over the summer. I doubt I will buy a BB10 phone before my two year contract ends. But if BB10 is good for my playbook then there is no reason not to get a BB10 phone when they are released.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I defend Blackberry you have a problem with it. If I don't you have a problem with it. Quit acting like such a Negative Nancy. I will modify my post the moment a mod tells me it was out of bounds. But unless you've ever used a BB storm, I don't think you can understand how much fail it was or comment on the validity of my hyperbole. Failed coat hanger abortion was the least inappropriate way I could think of describing the thing.

First, your defense of Blackberry has everything to do with the fact that their future is uncertain and that their market share has declined precipitously. This is an opinion shared by many other like me who are realistic.Therefore, no need for name calling. As someone who has owned a RIM device as my primary driver, I sincerely hope that the BB10 is a success.

The use of hyperbole to make a point is fine as long as you don't exceed the bounds of decency. Most mature people capable of reasonable judgement would have thought a little longer to describe the Storm as a horrific attempt as a product offering that was dead on arrival.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll delete them for you. Its really unnecessary to say things like that. You can get your point across without bringing up stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Alrighty. Thank you and I apologize for taking up your time with our little dispute.

jivegirl14

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Made the switch in July and could not be happier. I had a Bold 9900 and totally love my Samsung Galaxy SIII. It's such an amazing phone. The camera is fantastic and I love how you can customise the phone to make it truly yours. Just back from the UK and so glad I had this phone for my holidays . So many have the S3.... But whenever people saw mine they said "Wow, I want one."
I wish RIM well with Blackberry 10,however in my opinion they have to beat the Samsung Galaxy SIII to get my interest. I don't think they can.

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had 3 different BB's. I really did my best to love them and support them. I love a lot of things about them, but they just absolutely refuse to keep up. Realistically; they are so far behind its like they don't want to stay in business. They announced the Playbook, and when they announced it, its specs were way ahead of the competition, guess what? By the time it actually hit store shelves, the competition beat them to the consumer as far as specs went. Its the same old story over and over again, every "OS" was suppose to change the "Face" of BB, it didn't.

I love BB I really do, I hope for their sake they actually got it right this time with BB 10, I hope it makes them 100 Billion dollars. I am secretly wishing and hoping inside that BB 10 and its new devices will blow me away and make me put down my GS3, and buy one of them! I doubt that will happen though, like I said BB has been running their company like they don't want to compete. They rested on their laurels for to long and got blown away by the competition. BlackBerry, I really wish you the best of luck with your new OS and devices, I really hope they are so slick and smooth that I come back, I really do.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone. The I too had several models dating back 2006 but lost faith that RIM would not be so reluctant to develop an OS that was more app friendly and devices with hardware to rival the competition. I also wish them well with BB10. I have had my GS3 since June 21st and haven't looked back. That is not to say that I won't take a hard look at them. It is all about personal preference and what works best for you regardless of the platform or hardware.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Reactions: Syrous44

minnick

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Bro wait for BB10 I only got a droid cause my upgrade had been fermenting for a while. RIM needs your support now more than ever. I'm getting one off contract as soon as it hits the street. It'll be out in October you're almost there.

And FYI BB10 is miles ahead of current berry software, it's been in development for years. It will also include an android App player, so 2 for one. Blackberry is still the number one phone in the UK, and has 70 million users worldwide, they aren't going anywhere soon. and take a look at the BB blade, don't tell me that isn't sexy as hell.

[URL=http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/189/blackberryblade.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It really IS NOT sexy as hell. I came from CB and was an avid fan as well. The first bold was an amazing device and still my favorite as far as purely communications go (email, take, typing in general) due to the nice keyboard. But they have really dropped the ball over the past few years. I know hindsight is 20/20 but damn, were they that complacent? Bb10 looks much better than current bb software but that really isn't saying much.

Coke or diet coke, it's still horribly bad for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

DEES_BANGER

May 15, 2012
Visit site
blackberry! My nexus did way more in a few months then my blackberry did in 4yrs! Its to late for them to compete...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
RIM may be in critical condition but, rumors of their demise may be grossly exaggerated. They have a long road to hoe. Hopefully, BB10 will have some surprises and possibly some great hardware to match. If not, then we could be talking another story. I am willing to keep an open mind but I changed OS platforms after being disappointed too many times.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
RIM may be in critical condition but, rumors of their demise may be grossly exaggerated. They have a long road to hoe. Hopefully, BB10 will have some surprises and possibly some great hardware to match. If not, then we could be talking another story. I am willing to keep an open mind but I changed OS platforms after being disappointed too many times.

From what i am seeing form the crackberry forums. The leak of the rumored full touch device that is going to be final commercial release is ugly as sin. With both Motorola and nokia releasing beautiful and elegant designs and what Samsung has this year and iphone5 around the corner. RIM might have killer os coming up but hardware looks like cheep garbage to me. I see their full touch flopping like their storm and torch full touch series. And the rumored qwerty design is based on the bold 9900, dont know how fast consumers will get bored with that. So from hints and leaks hardware other then tech specs dosnt look promising at all for the time being.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
From what i am seeing form the crackberry forums. The leak of the rumored full touch device that is going to be final commercial release is ugly as sin. With both Motorola and nokia releasing beautiful and elegant designs and what Samsung has this year and iphone5 around the corner. RIM might have killer os coming up but hardware looks like cheep garbage to me. I see their full touch flopping like their storm and torch full touch series. And the rumored qwerty design is based on the bold 9900, dont know how fast consumers will get bored with that. So from hints and leaks hardware other then tech specs dosnt look promising at all for the time being.

From the two fuzzy photos available that show only the front it doesn't look that bad at all. And the bold 9900 is a great looking phone. A Bold 9900+720x720 screen+quad core S4 pro CPU+BB10=me throwing money at RIM.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been thru my share of BB's and loved them with my last being the Torch 9800..wich was great for the 1st yr I had it but then started having problems with it that got worse.

I'm no stranger to Android but am glad I made the switch and haven't looked back. I will admit I still go on crackberry to get wallpapapers tho lol

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
From the two fuzzy photos available that show only the front it doesn't look that bad at all. And the bold 9900 is a great looking phone. A Bold 9900+720x720 screen+quad core S4 pro CPU+BB10=me throwing money at RIM.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

To each his own. I do agree the qwerty will look amazing as the 9900 looks sexy. To me the touch leak is fugly, not to u which is cool. As for me my overall deciding factor will be rims ecosystem. If its same old same old from rim I am never coming back. If they make something on even keel with ios and android i definitely will give them another go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781