Apple blocking One X in US. Could S3 become their next target?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand Apple. But anyways, they wouldn't dare to do something like that to Samsung for one other reason: 25% of the current iPhone is made by Samsung. I am sure Apple will find new suppliers for their new phones.

Rumor was Apple put in a big order for the flexible Amoled screens. I bet they would like to get Samsung replaced.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well in case anyone here wants to order a One X, Amazon has them in stock for $129.99 AmazonWireless: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T)

Personally I'm eager to get my hands on the GS3 and with NINE MILLION pre-orders it's a sure thing to CRUSH the "Next iPhone".. :) Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!

9 million pre-orders? Is that globally? Got a link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple blocking One X in US. Could S3 become their next target

9 million pre-orders? Is that globally? Got a link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

All the tech bloggers are reporting that, just google it and you'll find lots of links.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

From what I gathered from an apple fansite is that the ban is due to some Sense software that infringes on an apple patent and is not found in android itself.

The patent unvolves Android "scanning" the content of text messages and emails looking for things like telephone numbers, street addresses, and email address and making them "active links" so that you can click on them and open the dialer, maps, etc. As far as I know, this *is* actually part of Android itself, but the case was against HTC specifically.

HTC had previously said that they have implemented a "workaround" (not sure what that means, exactly) but the ITC and Customs are holding the One X phones on the grounds that they have to check and "make sure" the new change is sufficient to no longer infringe on this patent.

The long and short of it: Apple should never have been issued this patent in the first place. You cannot patent a concept. You *must* patent an actual product. Apple should not have been allowed to patent this functionality any more than I could patent the idea of a tall, round container with a handle, used for transporting water.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone from Apple made a call and paid a little money to make this all go down. Android is *slaughtering* then in market share, and they know it. I could see them fighting dirty. Lord knows they have the money to buy whatever influence they want from our corrupt government.

artanis

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

?

Do you have that contact number for the ITC?

I think we should pass that number along to everyone waiting on them to finish their investigation so we all can verify that it has priority.O:)

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
That was exactly my point when I first read about the patent/customs issue! I was dumbfounded at the apparent lack of due diligence on HTC's end!?

It was unique to HTC as in it was the result of a ruling that was set to go into effect April ____. All parties knew it was coming. There is no such ruling against Samsung at this time.

As for HTC, it might have been beneficial had they attempted to prove they removed the patent violation prior to launching the phones in the first place though. Now they pay with their stock price and a lot of pissed off consumers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey