I am wondering should i wait for Next Nexus or get S3?
    Main things i was disappointed about on S3 were:
    only 8mp camera,
    plastic body,
    only 2 gb of ram.
    Now obviously i wont be using all the 2gb and all the other spec would not make a Huge difference but knowing i bought something in rush when i could have waited for nexus, (IF) it has better specs.
    I would love to hear your opinion, and if you were to spend money on phone would you wait? or go for S3 knowing nothing much is gonna change.
    Thanks
    05-17-2012 03:57 AM
    ^
    im not sure if there will be 2nd generation SGS3, if there is, maybe u can wait for that.

2nd generation = improved version, just like SGS2 got an improved version.
    05-17-2012 05:22 AM
    you got it wrong mate, i was talking about google's nexus. i didnt wanted to add word galaxy infront of nexus cus that name of a phone, i was talking about brand line "nexus" owned by google.
    05-17-2012 05:27 AM
    Google announced yesterday, they're going to dish out 5 different units from different manufacturers for the next nexus launch in November....instead of their usual preferred chosen 1 manufacturer.
    Google Changes Tack on Android - WSJ.com
    05-17-2012 06:42 AM
    Nexus brand has never been about top of the line spec'ed out phone. It's always been more about the pure Google experience (not all that impressed). I do not see an upgraded gnex coming out unless it's a whole new phone.

05-17-2012 07:42 AM
    hard question i was thinking about it too..
    but until we dont see any leaked specs i dont think its possible to compare
    also the next Nexus will be Android 5.0 NIB but the SGS3 will be an upgrade so it should slow down the phone
    05-17-2012 07:46 AM
    The next nexus will be a range of 5 phones coming in November from what was mentioned in the WSJ yesterday about Google.
    Instead of choosing 1 preferred supplier, they're going to do a range of manufacturers and release all in one go.

I'd post a link to the article, but it won't let me yet...
    05-17-2012 08:54 AM
    05-17-2012 09:15 AM
    Nexus brand has never been about top of the line spec'ed out phone. It's always been more about the pure Google experience (not all that impressed). I do not see an upgraded gnex coming out unless it's a whole new phone.

I couldnt care less about it if it didnt change the speed too much,
    My Main concern is camera. While every company is stuck on 8mp, if iphone or nexus gets 12 or more, it would suck for me cus i take tons of pictures with my phone and honestly who wouldnt love to have SLR quality pictures from phone.
    05-17-2012 07:33 PM
    hard question i was thinking about it too..
    but until we dont see any leaked specs i dont think its possible to compare
    also the next Nexus will be Android 5.0 NIB but the SGS3 will be an upgrade so it should slow down the phone
    Are you sure about upgrading to android 5 will make S3 slow? did that happen with S2 being upgraded to ICS? this is the first time im hearing about this issue so plz let me know if this is true. thanks
    05-17-2012 07:35 PM
    has any of you seen Nokia 808 PureView camera? its mouth drooling. 38mp!
    05-17-2012 08:01 PM
    With Android, every 2-3 months there is a new superphone with better specs.
    Every year there is a Nexus with the latest stock OS.

It's all a matter of which phones your carrier has and how much you are willing to wait. The hype machine for next Nexus and iPhone 5 will start soon, and I can almost guarantee there will be a Samsung GS3 Pro and Note 2 with SAMOLED+ HD, 2GB Ram etc released before the holidays.

I'm in the US, its easier here since we have 2 year contracts and I can't afford to break them, so I only upgrade once its over. And since no carrier has announced GS3 yet, I have a few months before I have to make this decision
    05-17-2012 08:37 PM
    Op with that attitude you will always be waiting for the next phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2012 08:40 PM
    The very same question was posed in an earlier thread on the same page. Get the SIII.
    omar300i likes this.
    05-17-2012 09:34 PM
    has any of you seen Nokia 808 PureView camera? its mouth drooling. 38mp!
    MP doesn't mean quality...it means size. Quality is determined by lens/sensor; hence, the X one is tops right now. Looks like we will not be able to get it on Verizon...what a shame.
    omar300i likes this.
    05-18-2012 06:34 AM
    If you are that concerned with SLR quality of your smartphones Camera, there might only be 1 (NOKIA) that would come remotely close. And, regarding the 2gb og Ram..... This will not become the standard till the next generation of phones. I say go with the S3...the S2 had one of the best cameras out there more of the same isn't a bad thing.
    05-19-2012 01:18 AM
    mega pixel count means nothing to image quality.
    S3 doesn't have 2Gb ram, only 1Gb. That said I've seen no proof that there is any point to having 2Gb. My original HTC Desire has < 200Mb (I think) and runs gingerbread (and a bunch of apps) just fine.

If you wait for the next google phone there will be rumours of the next Galaxy / HTC / whatever, then you'll wait for that and suddenly you'll be 2 years down the line. Technology is throwaway nowadays, just get the best thing at the time you need/want it.
    omar300i likes this.
    05-19-2012 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD