Specifically I am interested in the design of the AT&T version of this phone. Was the physical design of the S2 on AT&T same as the international one? Also any rumors on when the S3 could possibly be coming to the US?
    05-18-2012 02:09 AM
    The ATT SGS2 removed the physical button and had 4 capacitive buttons. Pretty much the same otherwise. Who knows about the gs3.

I imagine they will do the same this time.
    Just a guess. Hope they show it soon!
    05-18-2012 02:17 AM
    They will probably remove the physical button because it will look like the iPhone sitting on the self as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-2012 02:53 AM
    According to phonearena, it was last minute addition to the one released in the UK. Doubt that it will be excluded on the US version.
    05-18-2012 06:16 AM
    Specifically I am interested in the design of the AT&T version of this phone. Was the physical design of the S2 on AT&T same as the international one? Also any rumors on when the S3 could possibly be coming to the US?
    So you had a change of heart I see. Glad you came to your senses and PLEASE don't make threads LIKE THIS again! Thank you!
    05-18-2012 11:26 AM
    I hope they don't screw with it too much, I like the current design. And for the sake of cranking these things out fast enough and getting them to US consumers as well, they should just leave it as it is for each carrier besides the internal specs that need to be changed to work for each carrier. Since Samsung likes copying Apple in many ways, having the same excact look for the phone for each carrier would make the device more internationally recognizable and cut down on production costs.
    05-18-2012 11:45 AM
    I hope they don't screw with it too much, I like the current design. And for the sake of cranking these things out fast enough and getting them to US consumers as well, they should just leave it as it is for each carrier besides the internal specs that need to be changed to work for each carrier. Since Samsung likes copying Apple in many ways, having the same excact look for the phone for each carrier would make the device more internationally recognizable and cut down on production costs.
    Good points Manny. Also like the availability of cases if the design stays the same. The Japanese version IS slightly thicker though, so that may happen here as well. Especially if it has same processor and the 2 gb ram.
    05-18-2012 01:05 PM
    Anyone here own a Skyrocket and going to stick with it? Just curious since the ICS update is sure to be soon! Still think it's a cool phone, but the GS3 is the real deal!
    05-18-2012 01:10 PM
    Anyone here own a Skyrocket and going to stick with it? Just curious since the ICS update is sure to be soon! Still think it's a cool phone, but the GS3 is the real deal!
    Exactly. Skyrocket and upgrading.
    Sounds like the initial disappointment is fading.
    Really hoping for the 2 gb ram and SOON!
    05-18-2012 01:23 PM
    I also hope they keep the current design. Unless they go all soft keys (Gives it more of a stock ICS feel, other than that I like the physical home button).
    05-18-2012 01:26 PM
    I also hope they keep the current design. Unless they go all soft keys (Gives it more of a stock ICS feel, other than that I like the physical home button).
    Yeah I would be ok with it if they used the capacative button setup from the One X
    05-18-2012 01:32 PM
    If they go with the software buttons that will end it for me. Will just keep plugging away on my nexus s4g.

It's not really a stock ICS thing but rather a GNex thing.

05-18-2012 01:34 PM
    This is not upto Samsung. Each carrier signs a contract for a certain device on their network and they can demand any changes they want. Then they get the software, add their own apps (bloatware) and test on their network.

This is what US carriers do.
    05-18-2012 03:59 PM
    I hope they go software keys. The whole point of doing software keys is to further distance Android from iOS. Even putting capacitive buttons would be a step backwards in my opinion.

At the very least I hope that if Verizon gets the SGS3 that they go with the onscreen buttons.

Personally, I want and am for anything that puts further apart the way Android works in relation to other platforms.
    05-18-2012 04:21 PM
    My skyrocket is on ebay as we speak! Auction ends Sunday!
    05-18-2012 05:09 PM
    I don't really want software buttons, that will take space away from the screen. If they try to make up for it by giving us a bigger screen together with the software button, the screen resolution will be slightly odd. I just hate giving up screen real estate for buttons that are perfectly fine at the bottom of the device.
    randyw likes this.
    05-18-2012 05:48 PM
    So you had a change of heart I see. Glad you came to your senses and PLEASE don't make threads LIKE THIS again! Thank you!
    Yeah the multi-tasking fiasco on the HTC One X made it a deal breaker for me. While I love the hardware of the One X, the quirks and the bugs on the new Sense 4 is something I am not willing to live with. That means now I am leaning towards its biggest competion, the Galaxy S3
    randyw likes this.
    05-18-2012 06:45 PM
    Just give me a version with a physical camera button and I'll be happy. Not counting on it happening though. But I hate having to touch the screen to take a picture. It's just an awkward way to hold the phone and my finger ends up getting in the way of the screen half the time if I move it at all. It's just annoying.
    05-18-2012 07:02 PM
    I'm so used to a home button on my iPod Touch, that I don't think one being present on the S3 would bother me... However I am curious what will happen... I've never used a Galaxy Nexus and I wonder if the US carriers would want there to be a bit larger screen to accommodate the on screen buttons or if they will go the same route on the S2.
    05-19-2012 01:42 AM
    I hope they go software keys. The whole point of doing software keys is to further distance Android from iOS. Even putting capacitive buttons would be a step backwards in my opinion.

At the very least I hope that if Verizon gets the SGS3 that they go with the onscreen buttons.

Personally, I want and am for anything that puts further apart the way Android works in relation to other platforms.
    Hah!!! The only reason for the on screen buttons is to lower the manufacturing cost and cheapen the device. IMO it has nothing to do with iOS

I would even prefer capacitive button over the physical button but the physical button I definitely preferred over the software buttons.

While I respect your right to your opinion, I disagree and for my sake hope you are made unhappy. Because I really want this phone but wouldn't get it if you got your way.

05-19-2012 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD