I plan to use a OB Defender case on a possible SG3 purchase. Never had a device with Gorilla glass. Is the screen still as responsive with screen protector that comes with the Defender case?
    05-19-2012 12:16 AM
    I plan to use a OB Defender case on a possible SG3 purchase. Never had a device with Gorilla glass. Is the screen still as responsive with screen protector that comes with the Defender case?
    GG2 is supposedly thinner than the original, so it should be more responsive. Shouldn't be a problem.
    05-19-2012 01:25 AM
    It sounds as if the OB Defender screen protector could optional and not need to be used. Don't know as I have never had a device with Gorilla glass.
    05-19-2012 10:36 AM
    I've used an OB defender with both a bionic and a razr, works wonderfully.

Though the gorilla glass is incredibly scratch resistant, the actual display behind it can still be damaged by a drop or two. Even more so with the thinner models of phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    05-19-2012 10:43 AM
    Scratch resistant meaning that it will resist scratches from keys and other pocket contents?
    05-19-2012 11:18 AM
    Scratch resistant meaning that it will resist scratches from keys and other pocket contents?
    I've had my epic for two years without any protection. Not a single scratch on the screen. Carried in my pocket all the time.

My daughter carries her epic in her book bag all the time and you should see some of the crap she throws on top of her phone. It also has a pristine unprotected screen and has had her phone for 2 tears as well.

05-19-2012 11:29 AM
    Exactly right.

I've seen several devices with shattered displays, but flawless gorilla glass. Mostly in the razr right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    05-19-2012 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD