Samsung Galaxy S3-Multitasking, LED Notification and more videos

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Can the calendar app be synched with my Outlook?

My 2 year old galaxy s (epic 4g) syncs my mail/cal/contacts with my work's exchange server, I bet the new one can too. Never tried syncing the calendar to just a normal at-home desktop install of outlook though.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3-Multitasking, LED Notification and more vid

Loving the LED notification. Best implementation since the Nexus One, IMO.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Great videos, I am just curious if you can force the browser to default to desktop mode. When I tried G-Note, after a reboot, the browser would go back to mobile. Does anyone know if the S3 is able to stay on desktop?

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Me: Thank you so much for all your videos. The One X has the issue after you open 4 or 6 apps. Does the same happen when you open lets say 6 apps total? Will it continue where it was? Can you let us know? You don't have to make a new video. Thank you very much.

MisterDumi on XDA aka AlexDmi: Nope, it's good from what i've seen

Returning my One X on the 29th :D

What about YouTube? Can I have a video playing and switch to the home screen and it keeps playing? The HOX is awful. It has no multitasking. I'm selling mine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

What about YouTube? Can I have a video playing and switch to the home screen and it keeps playing? The HOX is awful. It has no multitasking. I'm selling mine.

I have the same question, though I don't need it to keep playing in the background. I just need to know if I watch, say, 30 seconds and leave to send a text will it:
- At least hold the place where I paused so I can start it again?
- Continue to load in the background?

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I have the same question, though I don't need it to keep playing in the background. I just need to know if I watch, say, 30 seconds and leave to send a text will it:
- At least hold the place where I paused so I can start it again?
- Continue to load in the background?

I think what you are looking for is what blackberry Playbook does which is as close to PC multi-tasking as you can get. In looking at other ICS devices, none has that kind of multi-tasking. The youtube video on multi-tasking does show that the page saves where you stopped.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I think what you are looking for is what blackberry Playbook does which is as close to PC multi-tasking as you can get. In looking at other ICS devices, none has that kind of multi-tasking. The youtube video on multi-tasking does show that the page saves where you stopped.

Yea.
That's exactly what their new OS is amazing at doing.
I reckon BB10 will have the same functionality.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

I can't say the YouTube video really helps in terms of the problems we're seeing on the One X. For the webpage he just went to the home screen and back in. For the Play Store he went to the home screen, then opened S Voice but did nothing data intensive with it, went back home, then back to the Play Store. I'm pretty sure I could recreate this on my One X.

What I'd love to see is loading the page, switching directly to the Play Store and heading to an app, switching directly back to the browser (and seeing if the page is still there), and using the browser to search for info on the app (just an example). I'd then like to make sure that when he switches directly back to the Play Store that we're still on the app page. I don't know why but the going back to the home screen thing really bothered me haha it's like clicking Show Desktop every time.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I can't say the YouTube video really helps in terms of the problems we're seeing on the One X. For the webpage he just went to the home screen and back in. For the Play Store he went to the home screen, then opened S Voice but did nothing data intensive with it, went back home, then back to the Play Store. I'm pretty sure I could recreate this on my One X.

What I'd love to see is loading the page, switching directly to the Play Store and heading to an app, switching directly back to the browser (and seeing if the page is still there), and using the browser to search for info on the app (just an example). I'd then like to make sure that when he switches directly back to the Play Store that we're still on the app page. I don't know why but the going back to the home screen thing really bothered me haha it's like clicking Show Desktop every time.

I see your point. Maybe OP can post another video demonstrating what you are saying. My current MT4G can do everything as you discribed. I am suprised the One X can't especially running Sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol