GS3 v HTC Evo 4LTE

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I, like many others am waiting for my Evo to break free from customs, then I see the threads for the GS3 and then I think ummmm, that seems like a nice phone,

Any thoughts on which one is better?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
With the addition of pirated software like S-Voice and why not Smart Stay that are part of the Nature UXI Samsung software, why not just get the Evo? If you are looking at a straight comparison, it still depends on your preferences. Phone Arena did a video comparison versus the One X by HTC and still picked the SG3.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
From a benchmark standpoint, the sg3 will win a bit. But in the real world I doubt a gs3 running cm9 will be any different user experience as a evo4glte on cm9. The hardware on both is pretty damn good it seems.

if htc really 'fixes' the multitasking 'problem' then it looks like it will be down to sense vs tw (unless you're going to flash roms anyways), the feel you like, and the screen you like. At least, that's my current line of thinking.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not wait for the SG3? I am sure that some company will "borrow" software from the Evo and make it possible to add to the SG3.

str3tchnut5

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Why not wait for the SG3? I am sure that some company will "borrow" software from the Evo and make it possible to add to the SG3.

The Htc has features that I like over the SG3, such as hdmi port, Enhanced Camera, Kickstand for watching movies. The SG3's quad core seems to be a battery drainer and its really not that much faster than the Snapdragon processor on benchmark tests!

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, sprint has worst network and doesn't even have 4g yet so its hard to even compare them, I'm just waiting till Verizon one x and s3 models are announced, then I will start comparing

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Htc has features that I like over the SG3, such as hdmi port, Enhanced Camera, Kickstand for watching movies. The SG3's quad core seems to be a battery drainer and its really not that much faster than the Snapdragon processor on benchmark tests!

The port at the bottom of the phone can be connected to HDTV with a micro-HDMI cable.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

And the international gs3 was shown to almost double the battery life of the one x while watching videos and is a good 10% longer lasting in every other test.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

The camera on the S3 is better than the One X according to reviews.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The camera on the S3 is better than the One X according to reviews.

Yup, according to this comparison review by GSM Arena, the picture and video quality on the GSIII is much better than the OneX.

(see pages 5-6)
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com

This review almost made me cancel my pre-order for the EVO LTE, but I think I'm going to stick with it since I haven't heard any news yet on a GSIII release date for Sprint.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I say GS3. Gave had two HOX's and although nice phones. I just prefer Samsung for ease of rooting and such. Dealing with bootloaders unlocking fastbooting boot img. Then flashing and such just flat out sucks to me

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't see no Hdmi port.

the Evo lte micro usb is also a mhl port can be converted to hdmi, the gs3 has this to.

In the battery test the video was double with gs3

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
  • Things like the default camera app, music and video are better on Touchwiz and in fact I don't think a 3rd party app will be needed.
  • Unlocked bootloader, easy root and great dev support is another plus.
  • I really like that in Samsung phones most of the UI is dark themed (probably due to AMOLED) rather than the blinding white in Sense.
  • Samsung phones have had the best browser, it has no lag like seen in Sense browsers.
  • No multitasking issues.
  • Menu button instead of the stupid menu bar in many apps. Long press on menu opens search - no such feature in Sense.
  • Great social integration, esp the face tagging, grouping photos by contacts recognized, automatic sharing.
  • I will find Smart Stay very useful when reading ebooks, though it won't work in the dark.
  • Sound Alive equalizer in the GS3 seems just as capable as Beats Audio and it will work in both speakerphone and earphones.
  • Custom vibration patterns

IMO all the software features on the GS3 make it more desirable than the E4G / OneX. And I am an Evo owner so I'm not biased.

The only things that could be considered better in the Evo / OneX is the non pentile LCD screen but from all accounts its not a big issue, and low light camera performance. I am perfectly happy giving up my kickstand and I don't care about the 'cheap plastic' which will make the phone more durable.