Question for Samsung owners

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This is mostly about Touchwiz. There is surprisingly little info on the web.

• Does integration with Facebook/Google+ work well? e.g. when you add an account will it merge contacts without problems?
  • How is the integration with Exchange? Is the Samsung mail client good enough or will I need to buy one from the play store?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used Touchwiz either. Am particularly interested in Exchange...more exactly in if there's an email unread count widget that works with it. Sense had one, and since moving away from Sense I have yet to find anything else that works (all the unread count widgets seem to be Gmail only, and don't display a number of unread Exchange mails).

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the Facebook app and Yahoo app on my GS2ET4G. The Touchwiz mail client/facebook/messaging client works OK but I just prefer the other.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the default touchwiz email client. Setting up accounts is easy. It also has proper notifications as well as unread # bubble on top of mail icon.

Only problem I have noticed is an occasional instance of deleted mail reappearing as new, and same with read mail. Maybe I don't wait long enough for it to register before I close the app, idk.

May be an isolated Skyrocket issue as well.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have an E4GT and i have the same email returning issues. I also get emails dating from Dec 31 1969

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My grandmaw has the Galaxy S and I set up her phone to sync with Facebook. Intergration was easy and it works well. Lol :p

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I also get emails dating from Dec 31 1969

Can you do me a favor and reply to one of those with instructions to tell my future self to invest in Microsoft, Google, and Apple? Might as well throw in all the World Series and Superbowl results too. And also tell me not to date "Meghan" no matter how pretty she is. I'll PM you my contact details from where I was living in 1969/70. Thanks!

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the GNote and integration with Exchange is wonderful. My work uses an Exchange server for mail/calendar/contacts and the stock email syncs wonderfully with it. Emails push right to the phone and are sent immediately. You can set it up for audio notifications but I don't care for that. I do use the notifications bar however and that works well. If you have multiple accounts you can have a combined view if you want it.

As to Facebook also seems to work very well. You can set the phone to sync with your contacts no troubles there.

This is an Android phone and everything Google works well including Gmail and G+, you can also sync that calendar and contacts easily.

TW as a launcher is ok. Since I went to ICS leak I had been using Nova as the launcher and prefered that - but the CM9 RC0 stock is so free of lag, so quick to respond I wouldn't change a thing right now.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the GNote and integration with Exchange is wonderful. My work uses an Exchange server for mail/calendar/contacts and the stock email syncs wonderfully with it. Emails push right to the phone and are sent immediately. You can set it up for audio notifications but I don't care for that. I do use the notifications bar however and that works well. If you have multiple accounts you can have a combined view if you want it.

Good to know...I was thinking of getting Touchdown however I will play around with it before I go and spend $20 that is not needed. Work will cover it but still no use if it's not needed.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I use my phone for work a lot and I had to resort to using 3rd party email clients to get everything to work properly, and I'd rather not. I also read some reviews that said Sense did this kind of thing much better than TouchWiz.