Samsung Galaxy S3 is known to be composed of plastic, but it will be polycarbonate like HTC One X. Great news, huh?
    05-22-2012 04:32 PM
    And you know this how?
    05-22-2012 05:17 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 is known to be composed of plastic, but it will be polycarbonate like HTC One X. Great news, huh?
    Think this was already known. Saw the Phonearena story confirming, but many people don't care. They will say it still "looks" and "feels" plasticky.

Honestly, looking forward to buying the SGS3 myself, but no substitute for in hand experience. Only difference for me is whether I case it or not.
    05-22-2012 05:20 PM
    05-22-2012 05:22 PM
    And you know this how?
    Read it from news!
    05-22-2012 05:43 PM
    Yeah, I found out how people were complaining about GS3 will be made up of plastic. I guess not many people care!
    05-22-2012 05:44 PM
    Polycarbonite IS a plastic. More specifically, a thermo plastic.
    rlb likes this.
    05-22-2012 07:01 PM
    Yes, Phonearena covers this in their article.
    The point is they are using the same material as HTC, just with the hyperglaze finish.
    Many people still mistakenly believe it to be the same "cheap" plastics used in previous models.
    equishd likes this.
    05-22-2012 08:24 PM
    Yup, just a different type of plastic. Tomato/tomato, plastic/polycarbonite.
    05-22-2012 08:28 PM
    It's funny when all the One X fan boys thumb their noses at the S3 saying it is crap because it is made of plastic, yet they have never held or even seen one in person. Then they go on to say that the One X is so good because it is made with polycarbonate. Like said previously, polycarbonate IS plastic. The One X may be made with a slightly higher grade of plastic, but everyone should just wait until the phone is out and see/feel it for themselves before judging.
    05-22-2012 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD