S3 will be fastest selling gadget in history Analysts predict Android usage will swell from an estimated 350million users today to one billion by end of 2013

In the history of gadgets, none has picked up such an army of fans before launch. The Samsung Galaxy S3 has already received nine million pre-orders before launch - even with few people getting to play on Android's latest smartphone until it arrives in the UK on May 29. When the phone arrives, it will instantly become the fastest selling gadget in history, beating out the iPhone 4S's four million units sold in three days. It also tops the first iPad's two million tablets in two months, and the Microsoft Kinect system - which allows you to wave at your television via the Xbox 360 games console - which shifted 2.5 million units in 25 days. Samsung has reportedly hired 75,000 workers to keep up with the demand, with the company confident of meeting all pre-orders. The company is said to have the capacity to churn out five million phones per month - or 66 phones per worker per month. Most of the orders will have come through network carriers across the world, based on customer pre-orders, upgrades and anticipated demand. The carriers will have pre-allocated the majority of this stock to customers, with a surplus to act as a 'buffer' in case demand exceeds their supply. In the UK, Carphone Warehouse has confirmed that the S3 is the most popular phone of the year so far, with thousands of customers lined up to pick up their phone a week from today. Spokesman Graham Stapleton said: 'Pre-order demand for the new Galaxy S3 has surpassed expectations since the handset was first unveiled two weeks ago.

Samsung Galaxy S3 release date: Pre-orders hit 9m, beating iPhone 4s' 4m | Mail Online
    05-23-2012 02:03 AM
    "Samsung has reportedly hired 75,000 workers to keep up with the demand,"

Hmm 75k people get a job and a chance to keep it? More than likely
    a temp job but none the less. Not bad.
    05-23-2012 02:10 AM
    And this is not counting the US markets!
    05-23-2012 03:32 AM
    And im sure Apple has something to fear now lol. Just a couple months ago the Galaxy S II reached the 20 million units sold mark which took a year. The Galaxy S III will probably surpass that within the first 3 months.
    05-23-2012 05:22 AM
    I don't think Apple cares honestly. They're still the most valuable company in the world. They will also still sell millions and some people will turn in there s3 for one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2012 06:21 AM
    I don't think Apple cares honestly. They're still the most valuable company in the world. They will also still sell millions and some people will turn in there s3 for one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    This.

Just wait until the next iPhone and you will see those pre order records shattered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2012 11:48 AM
    This.

Just wait until the next iPhone and you will see those pre order records shattered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe so Debbie Downer, but what's the point of even speculating that fact now?

Apple fans trolling Android forums?

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    05-23-2012 12:02 PM
    got to love the apple fanboys stay with the herd my sheep
    05-23-2012 12:36 PM
    What is sad is Apple makes those phones paying a fraction of what Samsung pays its workers, and the conditions in Chinese factories Apple uses are worse. Apple spends less on R&D (they don't make any major hardware components like the panel, cpu) and charge more to the carriers. They are a money making machine.
    05-23-2012 12:36 PM
    Yes.. Apple is ALL ABOUT how much they can squeeze out of the public with little regard for anything else. To their credit, the brand awareness and positioning makes them the Kleenex of the tech world. Most people don't seem to care that they can't customize their devices to their liking, nor have to pay for just about anything that improves the experience. To their credit, they did come out with the most advanced hand held communication device that gave way to the mobile computing world, so credit is due.

Will be interesting to see how they counter the GS3 technology. Will it be yet another update of the 4S or something radical? Time will tell
    05-23-2012 01:33 PM
    got to love the apple fanboys stay with the herd my sheep
    Stick it to 'em, bro. Preach the truth, even if they won't listen.
    05-23-2012 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD