05-26-2012 03:52 AM
36 12
tools
    The latest RUMOR is a dualcore QC Snapdragon S4+ and 16/32 GB variants with 2GB RAM for the US version. June 1st is the release of the international version that is not 4G LTE.
    05-24-2012 12:50 PM
    nVidia just announced today that it's Icera LTE modem has been approved for use by AT&T. So at least we're seeing some progress with quad-core and LTE working together.
    05-24-2012 02:58 PM
    nVidia just announced today that it's Icera LTE modem has been approved for use by AT&T. So at least we're seeing some progress with quad-core and LTE working together.
    I read about that too however NVIDIA's Icera modem will probably be compatible with the Tegra 3 so we probably wont see the Galaxy S III with this but im sure we will see future phones with Tegra 3s and LTE.
    05-24-2012 03:48 PM
    I'd love to see some phones with Tegra 3 and LTE support

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2012 03:51 PM
    Wrong. Look at the multitasking issues on the one x. That is caused by not enough ram. Samsung isn't going to be any better, and all the software extras are likely to make it worse.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    The multitasking problem on the One X is not due to a lack of ram. HTC purposely butchered the multitasking . Probably because Sense 4 is a bigger drag on ram. Touchwiz has been shown to be very light on ram use, but we will have to see once it is actually released.
    05-24-2012 03:57 PM
    here's a situation for US version.
    samsung was going to develope their own LTE onechip (SOC) then hold it till last march or so was hoping to ally with other japanese companies on developing LTE onechip. then that didnt happen so now they gotta develope it their own for LTE or.. use just Qualcomm's snapdragon S4 just like S3 they've used for LTE versions last year.

problem with snapdragon S4 is that many smartphone makers wants to use it for their new devices (LG, pantec etc) and TSMC cant mass produce 28mn chips enough for everyone. (ATI, Nvidia, Qualcom etc) cuz of low yeild issue, probably until 4Q this year.

their option is.. using exynos+ seperate LTE chip just like they did with GNex, or wait for Snapdragon S4 like they did with SGSII skyrocket, or wait till they develope their own LTE onechip (exynos with LTE chip)
    05-24-2012 04:08 PM
    using exynos+ seperate LTE chip just like they did with GNex, or wait for Snapdragon S4 like they did with SGSII skyrocket, or wait till they develope their own LTE onechip (exynos with LTE chip)
    But the GNEX has a TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2012 04:19 PM
    I don't get why people want the Tegra 3. The S4 demolishes the Tegra 3 in nearly every measurable category, I'd take the S4 over the Tegra 3 any day of the week.
    05-24-2012 04:28 PM
    I don't get why people want the Tegra 3. The S4 demolishes the Tegra 3 in nearly every measurable category, I'd take the S4 over the Tegra 3 any day of the week.
    Because most people think '4 cores is better than 2' and due to Nvidia's aggressive marketing hyping the '4+1' cores in Tegra 3. The fact is 2 decent cores are much better and that T3 has pitiful bandwidth which is why its so slow.
    05-24-2012 04:50 PM
    Because most people think '4 cores is better than 2' and due to Nvidia's aggressive marketing hyping the '4+1' cores in Tegra 3. The fact is 2 decent cores are much better and that T3 has pitiful bandwidth which is why its so slow.
    Yeah, I guess that's the only way it makes sense. The Tegra 2 was garbage, I'm not sure why anyone expects the T3 to be any better.
    05-24-2012 07:13 PM
    But the GNEX has a TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    What i meant for gnex was using seperate lte chip, not onechip. Its doable.. just consume more battery.
    05-26-2012 03:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD