US Version S3 to have S4 & 2GB RAM

tai_barr

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I have yet see any spec detail of US version, but I found one blogger claims Japanese version spec released by DoCoMo states it's LTE version has S4 snappy, 32GB internal, and 2GB RAM.

http://freesoftking.blog52.fc2.com/blog-category-31.html

It also mention that US version will be same.
So it becomes like,

International : Exynos 4 core, non-LTE, 1GB RAM, 16/32/64GB
Japan & Other with LTE : S4 Snappy, LTE, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB
Korean : Exynos 4 core, LTE,

I don't know how accurate his information is, but I will be happy to have Dual-core S4 and 2GB RAM over International one.

When will AT&T release this for us?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It is still speculation that the US version will be the same as the Japanese specs are showing. However logically it would be the case.

I mentioned in another thread for Canadian's anyways I am hearing June 17th is the date...carriers are doing demo's and web training on the GS3 this week.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This has come up before and we all hope its true. The other changes expected are no physical home button, at least on Sprint's version.

plaut

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
2GB of RAM is meaningless, and will contribute precisely zero to the day to day experience of using the phone.

I don't know the specifics of memory management on the S3, but RAM is not just used for running programs; unused RAM serves as a cache for the states of processes that recently completed, allowing them to restart much more quickly. So, in principle, doubling RAM from 1 to 2GB could have a substantial effect on user experience.

Reactions: vinny jr

freewillie

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with an AT&T customer service agent and i was told S3 will go on sale June 1. The phone will have 64 GB internal space and a micro sd slot. It will have a quad core A9.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to hold you to that date. J/k lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with an AT&T customer service agent and i was told S3 will go on sale June 1. The phone will have 64 GB internal space and a micro sd slot. It will have a quad core A9.

I can possibly see the phone going on pre-sale on June 1st. Odds of it actually being released on that day are somewhere between slim and none, and slim is already walking out the door. I'm waiting for it to be on Sprint, so hopefully they announce it soon for all carriers. I'm guessing they want it out prior to the olympics, so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally hope that the physical button is discarded in favor of the on screen buttons.

Please Verizon! Give our variant on screen buttons. I want more Google DNA in my device.

Sure I already have a Nexus, but I want more devices to fall in line with Googles vision.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I personally hope that the physical button is discarded in favor of the on screen buttons.

Please Verizon! Give our variant on screen buttons. I want more Google DNA in my device.

Sure I already have a Nexus, but I want more devices to fall in line with Googles vision.

I don't expect on screen buttons at all. Either keeps the home button, or all capacitive.
Think it would be too big a change otherwise. Maybe on screen would be better, maybe with the SGS4 :)

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

It will probably go for order on june 1st.

Probably have 32gb internal, though 64 would be great.
(just installed 3 movies on my 32gb external sd card for my Gnote
last night, turned it off over night only to wake up this morning with
an "SD card error" losing everything i had on it.) GRRR!!!

Quad core eh? I didn't think LTE played well with Quad cores????
Or is that just the Tegra?

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it will have 32gb internal and a SD Card slot that can take a 32gb card. Either way had the quad core been coming to the states I would consider selling my gnex and getting this, but as a dual core there is not enough reason for me to get it. For someone who hasn't bought a phone recently this would be a great option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it will have 32gb internal and a SD Card slot that can take a 32gb card. Either way had the quad core been coming to the states I would consider selling my gnex and getting this, but as a dual core there is not enough reason for me to get it. For someone who hasn't bought a phone recently this would be a great option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I guess recent is a relative term. My 7 month old Skyrocket is BEGGING me to update to the SGS3.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Reactions: equishd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678