1. if i buy SGS3 (non LTE) version in Philippines, is that called "International version"?
    2. if i buy International version (LTE), will it work with LTE in Toronto, Canada?
    3. Does all International Versions work with any carriers around the world?
    05-24-2012 04:21 AM
    This info is within my limited knowledge.
    So it is welcome anybody to point out where I may be wrong.

1. Phillipine's version: depends on if they have LTE or not. If not, it will be same as International version I believe.

2. No, it will not work in Canada. LTE band is a kind of mess, and it use different band and class depend on which country a unit is sold. Canada and US use same band, I belive Mexico is trying to get on same band right now.

3. International version should work with almost any carrier anywhere that use 2100Mhz for 3G and HSPA+ if available. In US, AT&T will work but no T-mo. T-mo use 1900Mhz I believe, you only can get 2G Edge signal (I found this a hard way yesterday. Unlocked att phone only gets 2G Edge). Does anyone know International one has the band T-mo use as well?

I just find it out S3 international version has 850/900/1900/2100 capacity. So it will work on T-mo as well!
    05-24-2012 10:16 AM
    This info is within my limited knowledge.
    So it is welcome anybody to point out where I may be wrong.

1. Phillipine's version: depends on if they have LTE or not. If not, it will be same as International version I believe.

2. No, it will not work in Canada. LTE band is a kind of mess, and it use different band and class depend on which country a unit is sold. Canada and US use same band, I belive Mexico is trying to get on same band right now.

3. International version should work with almost any carrier anywhere that use 2100Mhz for 3G and HSPA+ if available. In US, AT&T will work but no T-mo. T-mo use 1900Mhz I believe, you only can get 2G Edge signal (I found this a hard way yesterday. Unlocked att phone only gets 2G Edge). Does anyone know International one has the band T-mo use as well?

I just find it out S3 international version has 850/900/1900/2100 capacity. So it will work on T-mo as well!
    Well you are correct to a certain point, tmo does not have 1900 mhz, they have 1700, 2100, but even tough it says that you require both of those bands to get 3G hspa+ on tmo, 1900 they have the frequency and they said they are working to get it up, well at least what the rumors said, they said they want people to bring the iphone and that when 1900 is up the iphone will work on their 3G as well as the S3, i ordered the unlock version, my question now if it works on at&t in order to have data will i have to go into contract? Or just pick like a contract plan and pay it monthly?
    05-24-2012 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD