headphones w/ player controls for S3?

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if there any headsets, or even better just extenders with the three buttons on for volume and skip/pause that can be used with the s3? I think i'll need some app from the play store to make the buttons work, but does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really picky with my headphones (I'm an audio engineer) so it would be better if there was some sort of extender which added the three buttons that would also work with android.
cheers

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It's probably not exactly what your looking for but there is a way to rig the Apple headphones to work with Android. I believe that I just read the story on Lifehacker this week.

Edit-Or there are these....

http://dealnews.com/m/deal.html/578568.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if there any headsets, or even better just extenders with the three buttons on for volume and skip/pause that can be used with the s3? I think i'll need some app from the play store to make the buttons work, but does anyone have any recommendations? I'm really picky with my headphones (I'm an audio engineer) so it would be better if there was some sort of extender which added the three buttons that would also work with android.
cheers

Edited: looked into it more and now I know what you meant.
Even ones Android compatible seem not to work so well with yhe SGS2 line. Not sure about the gs3, but would expect more of the same.

It does come with headphones that have inline controls, but not sure about track skip functionality.
Volume, mic, answer calls- yes.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Last edited:

krump37

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you or not, but try JAYS headset control from google play store. I was looking for better control of my wired headset, and found this. I cannot tell you if it works with the S3 headphones, but it works for me.

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
cheers
Yes
List of headset and headphones that work all three buttons & mic
- urbeats (not ibeats)
- htc beats solo (pm for just the cable)
- Sony smart headset
- Nocs NS200H-001 (they also have a free app)
Nokia purity (in ear and hd version)

For galaxy s2& 3 the buttons at the end work for volumes and middle is pause/ play (also for Sony android,Nokia lumia and htc windows phone)

For htc android phones the ends buttons are skip track buttons and middle pause/play

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Edited: looked into it more and now I know what you meant.
Even ones Android compatible seem not to work so well with yhe SGS2 line. Not sure about the gs3, but would expect more of the same.

It does come with headphones that have inline controls, but not sure about track skip functionality.
Volume, mic, answer calls- yes.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

A double click on the "pause" button (stock headset) will skip to the next track.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's really disappointing that most headphones don't work here. I have a pair of powerboats whose buttons don't work. Someone said it was a hardware issue rather than a software one. It's such a shame, because I refuse to buy new headphones just to get the volume controls to work.

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was frustrated by the lack of headset controls when I first moved to android from the iPhone. So I went the bluetooth route, which gives me volume and skip/rewind controls.

I bought a Jabra BT unit that includes the mic and all controllers that I clip onto my shirt. Any 3.5mm headphones will plug into it. This let's me keep my S3 safe in my pocket and otherwise unfettered when using it to surf the web, type emails, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2